• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
So what're the chances Simon & Richter are a 2-pack? I could easily see Richter being an exclusive to like GameStop.

I already have Chrom via FE line, so no desire to get his Smash version, but gladly getting the other 4. I wonder how many of the new amiibo characters are going to be store exclusives. At least there's one less store to worry about & the only 3 to worry about are Amazon, GS, & Best Buy.

OP
OP

Diggeh

Oct 25, 2017
Just in case there's even slightly any doubt this obvious thing was happening:

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Craaaaaap. Grew way too complacent and was just grabbing stuff when I happened to see it, and looks like I missed Wolf. How much of a pain should I expect from him? Haven't had to bother with the hunt for a while.
I really wouldn't worry too much. Odds are you'll get more chances between now and launch, and everything inevitably gets another wave. Just use NowInStock if you're paranoid.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So now the total of new Smash amiibos is 14. I'm glad they aren't coming all at once. Hopefully we can get them released within 6-8 months of the game's launch.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
New ones don't seem to have hit Nintendo UK yet. Hope I catch them when they do.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
I really want Dracula and Death amiibos but I doubt that will happen for bosses.

Kane

Oct 28, 2017
So the Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword Link Amiibos were restocked in my local Saturn, and they are priced at 19,99 €.
Is this normal? Were they priced this high when they launched?

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm, so according to the Canadian Best Buy site, you can use amiibo to instantly unlock fighters early in Smash Bros. Ultimate. Example on Ridley's page:

"Simply tap the amiibo accessory to the NFC touchpoint on your game system to unlock this draconic Space Pirate."

Meanwhile, on the Inkling amiibo page:

"Simply tap the amiibo accessory to the NFC touchpoint on your game system to unlock this trouble-making resident of the city of Inkopolis."

No word on if it has to be the Smash version of the character, but considering I have everyone aside from Mii Fighters from Wii U/3DS in one form or another, this could mean you could possibly start with 90% of the roster. Hell, I wonder if, say, the Daisy amiibo from the Mario line or Chrom from the FE line would work.

Edit: Unless it means unlock them as an amiibo fighter, but we haven't heard anything about that feature coming back.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm, so according to the Canadian Best Buy site, you can use amiibo to instantly unlock fighters early in Smash Bros. Ultimate. Example on Ridley's page:

"Simply tap the amiibo accessory to the NFC touchpoint on your game system to unlock this draconic Space Pirate."

"Simply tap the amiibo accessory to the NFC touchpoint on your game system to unlock this trouble-making resident of the city of Inkopolis."

No word on if it has to be the Smash version of the character, but considering I have everyone aside from Mii Fighters from Wii U/3DS in one form or another, this could mean you could possibly start with 90% of the roster. Hell, I wonder if, say, the Daisy amiibo from the Mario line or Chrom from the FE line would work.

Edit: Unless it means unlock them as an amiibo fighter, but we haven't heard anything about that feature coming back.
Sakurai said the amiibo fighters are back in the E3 direct

But yeah, it sounds like they also unlock the character early

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
I was looking at my Amiibo collection and I realized that it's time to grow the collection again. I told myself before Smash 4 came out I wouldn't get any Amiibo. I now have 20-25 sitting on a shelf.

Only the Smash ones though. I limited myself. But now I have to go find Toon Link and Mario one day.

And then get Ridley. And Wolf. And Ice Climbers. And GOD DAMN SNAKE. And Simon. And GOD DAMN KING K ROOL. And Dark Samus. And maybe Richter.

The others I'll eventually get in the same way I plan to find Toon Link and Mario: Out of the box and cheap.

I will resist buying them all damn it. You won't get me.

OP
OP

Diggeh

Oct 25, 2017
I was looking at my Amiibo collection and I realized that it's time to grow the collection again. I told myself before Smash 4 came out I wouldn't get any Amiibo. I now have 20-25 sitting on a shelf.

Only the Smash ones though. I limited myself. But now I have to go find Toon Link and Mario one day.

And then get Ridley. And Wolf. And Ice Climbers. And GOD DAMN SNAKE. And Simon. And GOD DAMN KING K ROOL. And Dark Samus. And maybe Richter.

The others I'll eventually get in the same way I plan to find Toon Link and Mario: Out of the box and cheap.

I will resist buying them all damn it. You won't get me.

resistance is futile

PxpMQdY.gif

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Since everyone isn't in here screaming, I'm assuming they didn't talk about the Shovel Knight 3 Pack release in the Nindies direct today right?

What the heck is going on with that thing? It was officially revealed almost a full year ago in a few days, slated for release sometime by the end of year, then pushed to 2018.

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
Is NowInStock not very good for Best Buy or something? Twice now I've gotten alerts on Wolf wherein he wasn't available when I checked immediately after, then waited a few hours and the preorder button is actually up, but says it won't add to my cart because "this item is currently unavailable for online purchase." Kind of frustrated here...

OP
OP

Diggeh

Oct 25, 2017
Since everyone isn't in here screaming, I'm assuming they didn't talk about the Shovel Knight 3 Pack release in the Nindies direct today right?

What the heck is going on with that thing? It was officially revealed almost a full year ago in a few days, slated for release sometime by the end of year, then pushed to 2018.

News is coming soon, Spyro!

-Peabody-

Oct 29, 2017
so I finally want to like bite the bullet and purchase the few missing amiibo cards on ebay I need. I'm wondering if there is a downside to this? I doubt there is bootlegs for animal crossing of all things, but some of these cards are like 1.50 with free shipping. I wonder how it's even worth it for the seller.

silverhick

Oct 25, 2017
Spent the weekend carefully photographing and organizing the entire amiibo collection. The OT checklist was great reference and was fun to go through all of these again. Almost all have a story.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017

I think its gonna be giant, but i screencapped this from Nintendo's Instagram. I think that's our first physical IRL look at the figures, outside of the stock images.
Translucent plastic on the potion bottle looks super good. I hope we get some more translucent effects on future amiibo, and for Smash ones, they don't screw up and support stands.

tobytobes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone seen Wolf (Starfox) Smash relisted anywhere since the first time? I somehow missed him, and I'm PRETTY sure I'll never see it again at this point, haha.

PtM

Banned
Dec 7, 2017

That would be the ideal amiibo appliance, to be honest.

tomofthepops

Oct 27, 2017
Are they reprinting all the smash amiibos or just certain ones ? I want the two bayonetta's. I know they are on Amazon Japan so I could get them from there but if I could get em cheaper from a UK store that would be great.

tomofthepops

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure they are doing the whole line again. Let's just hope they don't have dumb ass retail exclusive stuff this time.

Ah good, I'll hold off on ordering from Amazon Japan then. It seems like the ones restocked today are only restocked on the official Nintendo store ( at least in UK) so that might be what they do for all of them then.

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
Nintendo Store UK doesn't ship to the US, right?

Ah good, I'll hold off on ordering from Amazon Japan then. It seems like the ones restocked today are only restocked on the official Nintendo store ( at least in UK) so that might be what they do for all of them then.
Amazon JP is still a good backup, since they don't charge until ship. I've had both Bayos locked in since mid summer. Works out to ~$17 (US) each. I'd much prefer the NA packaging, since I'll be keeping them NIB, but the hunt for Bayo is real. I fully expect to lose the local/US game to more experienced collectors/scalpers.

Last edited:

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like the new batches of old amiibo are starting to come in. Best Buy has Marth, Captain Falcon, and Pac-Man up for preorder.

tenderbrew

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Started filling my third amiibo box today (~75 figures per box).

Fearing my sanity with every newly announce Smash character.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Looks like the new batches of old amiibo are starting to come in. Best Buy has Marth, Captain Falcon, and Pac-Man up for preorder.

Ha, came in to ask about this. It looks like they have Gannondorf up too now. I was wondering if there was any more of this elsewhere (hopefully reprints won't be exclusive), but it sounds like this is all we know for now.

There's only a handful of the Smash line that I missed that I actually want, but I guess I'll have to keep an eye out. Would be nice to see Smash Dedede and Meta Knight return, and maybe I'll manage to actually see a Wii Fit Trainer in the wild for the first time ever.

I also skipped basically all the Pokemon save Charizard and Mewtwo since they weren't as widely compatible as the other characters, but I'd probably grab Lucario and Pikachu given the chance (the latter is still available here and there already).

EDIT: Actually, it looks like Best Buy might also have Palutena and the Retro 3-pack? You can't preorder them but they have the same release date listed as Pac-Man. So maybe?

Last edited:

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
My order for the Octolings is a go! I'm bummed that I couldn't secure Pearl or Marina here in Vancouver (hurray for NOC's incompetence forvrestocking/having an abundant stock in Amiibo figurines), but I'm happy that I got an order for the triple pack. :3

Dr. Feel Good

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have some cheap open figures they are looking to sell? Trying to decorate my office space and open to most...