• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mt2K45n.jpg

Uno.

And yeah, my recent feeling of wanting to F R E E them helped me feel less displeased when the employee ripped off the sticky pick up tags since you can clean the residue up later on without the toy being inside.

You know, how does one carefully open an Amiibo?

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Was able to pick up my Wolf, Ridley and whoever that Splatoon girl is today. All 3 are great quality. Was also able to replace my Captain Falcon and Marth I sold before so that was nice. Now if I can just get a Rosalina from Target somehow I will have all of the restocks and new stuff.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
You know, how does one carefully open an Amiibo?
F R E E T H E M
(unless its something rare like Qbby or something)

If you're looking to kind of make it look "Shelf Worthy" as in, something you could display, the best way I've found is to take an x-acto knife to the bottom. Cut along the edges (against the card, and the two sides, NOT the front) and then you should be able to fold and kind of yank the plastic the figure is sitting in out through the bottom. If you're careful with the paper with the Nintendo/amiibo logo you could probably get it all back in there with no problem either. Its also nice to take out that nasty metal disc that prevents you from scanning through the blister

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So did Yoshi, Corrin and Cloud from Smash already get a reprint? I can't find any of the five here in Europe.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So it is only now, after it was around for however long, that I decided I want to get Megaman. Is that one of the Smash ones getting a reprint soon?

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
A walmart near me said they had 1 ridley in stock on their website. I raced there after work. Asked the employee and they told me they dont sell amiibos anymore.

Yeah... OK lady.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
So it is only now, after it was around for however long, that I decided I want to get Megaman. Is that one of the Smash ones getting a reprint soon?
Mega Man is probably hard to find right now. As far as we know, there's no reprint in the immediate future but I think we'll definitely see reprints of all of the smash line eventually.

A walmart near me said they had 1 ridley in stock on their website. I raced there after work. Asked the employee and they told me they dont sell amiibos anymore.

Yeah... OK lady.
Actually...they may not. Walmart seems to have take the bubble burst of the Toys to Life genre the hardest. I don't think they even stock the Starlink figures. Many don't even have amiibo out on the shelves any more, rather just a card that says "ask an associate for details". Maybe Nintendo will eventually buckle down and ask them to carry them but I think we all may be better off writing off Walmart as an amiibo destination.

Also...I noticed I'm getting charged by Gamestop. The only thing I have there is the Loot Goblin amiibo. So...i guess that's coming out this week then? We never got an official date to my knowledge, just that it would be this month, right?

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
Mega Man is probably hard to find right now. As far as we know, there's no reprint in the immediate future but I think we'll definitely see reprints of all of the smash line eventually.

Actually...they may not. Walmart seems to have take the bubble burst of the Toys to Life genre the hardest. I don't think they even stock the Starlink figures. Many don't even have amiibo out on the shelves any more, rather just a card that says "ask an associate for details". Maybe Nintendo will eventually buckle down and ask them to carry them but I think we all may be better off writing off Walmart as an amiibo destination.

Also...I noticed I'm getting charged by Gamestop. The only thing I have there is the Loot Goblin amiibo. So...i guess that's coming out this week then? We never got an official date to my knowledge, just that it would be this month, right?

Actually, they did have those cards hanging up. That is why I went to the associate. Its bizarre that they would hang those if they have no intention of selling any. Also their website says they have them in stock (obviously you cant take that very seriously though).

There are a few places that say they have some Ridleys around me. I am about to go out and try and find one.

Last edited:

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
Damn so I went xmas shopping today. Went to BestBuy, they didnt have shit. Went to target for something completely unrelated and BAM, grabbed the last Ridley off the shelf.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Uh..ok um. Weird. Gamestop charged my card on Monday for the Loot Goblin amiibo and...it just shipped out. Estimated arrival is Thursday.

Was this maybe intended to come out Friday? Did we actually get date confirmation on it launching? or is just gonna be a quiet release for some reason?

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Uh..ok um. Weird. Gamestop charged my card on Monday for the Loot Goblin amiibo and...it just shipped out. Estimated arrival is Thursday.

Was this maybe intended to come out Friday? Did we actually get date confirmation on it launching? or is just gonna be a quiet release for some reason?

Mine was shipped today. Funny how the date of 12/31 was kinda accurate :p I honestly wasn't expecting it till Jan at least.

TheGrue

Oct 25, 2017
There was one Amiibo I didn't own (well, besides the Monster Hunter gold and silver ones) and I had not pulled the trigger on it back when it was like $40 because I was waiting to see if it would release in the U.S. and then just watched it get higher and higher in price. Well, my wife bought me a Box Boy amiibo from Japan for Christmas (and I imagine paid probably 3 times as much as I wasn't willing to pay back in the day) and so now I can't say that there's a purchasable Amiibo I don't own.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
I don't know if it's lucky or not but I just walked into a GameStop to pick up a Loot goblin Amiibo and they had a Smash brothers Link amiibo which I had wanted to a long time but never thought I'd ever see it again.
Of course I picked it up.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Why couldn't all amiibo come packaged the way the Loot Goblin Amiibo did
Maybe someone who has the Cute But Deadly figure can verify if they're the same size but I was kind of under the impression they were in a similar box, just with a plastic window put in.

Its probably more of a cost thing vs the standard "bubble" on card. Skylanders did that for their last year and I'm not sure if was because they were trying to market them as more "premium" toys to life products or they just had an increase in money to make nicer boxes vs more figures.

Nov 13, 2017
Looking to seriously downsize my amiibo collection. Does anyone know if Gamestop gives decent trade in money for amiibo? I really don't want to deal with shipping.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think gamestop take amiibo at all anymore. If they do, you won't get much at all.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
You get an exclusive Amiibo if you sacrifice your current Amiibo to the Amiibo gods.

It's a Master Hand Amiibo.

pete_clarf

Oct 25, 2017
Have there been any updates on a standalone Mega Man 11 amiibo or did I just make that up? It's the only (North American) one I don't have. Still gotta preorder Piranha Plant too, but not very excited to pay shipping to Gamestop like I ended up having to do with Wolf and Loot Goblin.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Have there been any updates on a standalone Mega Man 11 amiibo or did I just make that up? It's the only (North American) one I don't have. Still gotta preorder Piranha Plant too, but not very excited to pay shipping to Gamestop like I ended up having to do with Wolf and Loot Goblin.

I saw someone that had a photo of it... was that from EU, despite not getting a physicsl Switch copy of the game?

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
Oof that sticker on Inkling. If you use some Goo Gone that usually helps get that off.

I've been fortunate to F R E E T H E M when I get most amiibo but now I really am super conflicted about stuff like Shovel Knight and even Qbby for getting stuff in smash. The Animal Crossing ones paid off in spades by giving me a ton of great spirits off the bat, so if anyone has been sitting on them, make sure you grab them at like Five Below or wherever they're at now.

Im really sad Shadow Mewtwo doesn't work. That would have been a great one. All of the AC Cards not working makes sense, and the Sports cards not working also make sense since most of the characters have physical ones anyways.

Now, the one that I'm curious about is the Cereal. I could not get the Mario Cereal one to work at all in Smash. Anyone else having that problem?

I went to 2 Five Below over the weekend and only managed to find Ryu which was hidden another gst other toys. Other than that they have nothing but animal crossing which I passed on but I have a feeling I'll wish I grabbed them when I had the chance at that price.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Scan the Kirby amiibo in Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn for different hats, which I THINK offer up different abilities?

JPMlEk8.jpg

q4hxPbR.jpg

K1YFyWA.jpg

K1KwYMV.jpg

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if this was known, but scanning Mario, Luigi, Bowser/Jr., Peach, Toad, Goomba, Koopa, or Boo in Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story only seems to give you in-game items like things to heal your HP or Brother Points.

You can only scan them once a day, but I did discover that you can scan different variants in the same day. For example, Dr. Mario & 8-Bit Mario still counts as Mario, but you can still receive items.

Pudgybunny

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still regret not being able to get the Zelda Windwaker 2pk. It's the only ones we don't have and those are $283737473 online. :(

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017

We might have confirmation of our first look at Snake & Pokemon Trainer, plus confirmation that Squirtle & Ivysaur might get their own amiibo separate from Pokemon Trainer.

Real question is if they'll make a female variant for PT but considering we didn't get gender variations for Villager, WTF, Robin, & Corrin, maybe we won't....but Pokemon Trainer probably would sell much better....

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona

We might have confirmation of our first look at Snake & Pokemon Trainer, plus confirmation that Squirtle & Ivysaur might get their own amiibo separate from Pokemon Trainer.

Real question is if they'll make a female variant for PT but considering we didn't get gender variations for Villager, WTF, Robin, & Corrin, maybe we won't....but Pokemon Trainer probably would sell much better....

Corrin did get a female variant as its "Player 2" figure.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017

LEAF AMIIBO?!?!?!

NINTENDO. I WILL WIRE MONEY DIRECTLY TO YOU. GIVE IT TO ME.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
I think now is the perfect time for them to do "P2" versions of some characters that have alternate skins, so like Alph, Female Villager, Male Squidkid, Male WiiFit, etc.

Supa Necta

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure if this was posted already but the store Five Below has amiibo for $5 each. Picked up Ryu, Inkling Girl, Lucas, Toad, and an Animal Crossing 3 pack.