• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DooD1234

Oct 26, 2017
Okay, I'm going to depend on you guys to let me know when Simon and Snake goes up for preorder along with Pokemon Trainer, Squirtle and Ivysaur. Got to have all the Smash Amiibos even if I don't have space for more lol.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Yeeessss at Simon & Snake being next.

Meanwhile, Best Buy preparing & charged me for K. Rool, Piranha, & Ice Climbers. Kept forgetting they're out this week.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017

Got 'em! Didn't expect these to go up today, but I guess it makes sense.

EDIT: With new Boxboy announced, anyone else thinking that there's *still* a chance at a domestic Boxboy Amiibo?

Last edited:

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
EDIT: With new Boxboy announced, anyone else thinking that there's *still* a chance at a domestic Boxboy Amiibo?
My hope is that they'll announce a physical version with said amiibo, but it seems the game is digital only.

...we don't even know if this new game uses amiibo, though considering the last one did, maybe they'll just have the same unlocks.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
My hope is that they'll announce a physical version with said amiibo, but it seems the game is digital only.

...we don't even know if this new game uses amiibo, though considering the last one did, maybe they'll just have the same unlocks.

I mean, I'm still hoping so, but a limited bundle would push some numbers... maybe? Can't say the same about poor Chibi-Robo tho.

KsG

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
Best Buy updated so you can pick in store pick up now for Ken, Daisy and Young Link. You can switch it without canceling your order.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man. I just realized.

What if Super Mario Maker 2 includes the amiibo functionality similar to the original in that you can unlock 8-bit skins?

....8-BIT SIMON, SNAKE, BAYONETTA, CLOUD, AND JOKER

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Oh man. I just realized.

What if Super Mario Maker 2 includes the amiibo functionality similar to the original in that you can unlock 8-bit skins?

....8-BIT SIMON, SNAKE, BAYONETTA, CLOUD, AND JOKER

I wish. Between that, Mario Kart 8 and Yoshi's Wooly World, I was honestly hoping for more Guest Character skins/costumes in Nintendo games.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
Just snagged Piranha, K. Rool, and Ice Climbers online for pickup at my local Target. It said the Piranha Plant was the last one so I think I dodged a bullet there.

I tried to use the BB preorder links above for Daisy, Ken, and Young Link, but it told me there were no Daisy preorders left when I tried to check out.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
What ever happened to the fire emblem line? They released four (and I never even saw the two pack) and that's it?

Tanooki

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
What ever happened to the fire emblem line? They released four (and I never even saw the two pack) and that's it?
There isn't any game to be supported right now. Alm/Celica released with Echoes, and Chrom/Tiki came with the release of Fire Emblem Warriors, and a lot of big names that would have also justified a release with that game are already represented by the Smash line. Lyn would have been a good and safe choice too, though. Camilla amiibo would have been a hit, but I can see why Nintendo wouldn't want to be stocking her on shelves.

I can see us getting a three-pack with Three Houses, an amiibo for each house leader.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
I know for sure I want to pick up a Cloud amiibo today, I'm just not sure which other one to pick up from today's new releases. Ice climber, k.rool or plant... Hmmmm.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
I should be getting out early today and have a Best Buy near by. Going to hope I can pick up at least one Amiibo there.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lucked out this morning with the ice climbers at best buy, k rool at gamestop, and pirahana plant at target. No pre orders, just luck. Also grabbed sonic and capt falcon. Now im just trying to contain myself bc i want to pre order literally every single upcoming amiibo

Collection is steadily getting bigger, i now have around 40

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
Lucky for those of you who found them in stores.
I was only supposed to buy ONE and got pirahna plant at Target, cloud at Best buy and who knows if I get lucky and find another today.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Best Buy tells me my Piranha Plant order is delayed. Fun! Anyone else run into something like that?

I ordered all 3 releases together and I should be receiving them any time now. Last batch I think I pre-ordered Ridley and Inkling in one order, and then Wolf went on sale a little later and got him separate. In that order, only Wolf was delayed.

I wonder if this is an issue that depends on if you ordered in a bundle and if you got it separately? Not sure. I did get these within minutes of them going live, though, in both cases.

johnnypanda

Oct 30, 2017
Seattle, WA
I ordered all 3 releases together and I should be receiving them any time now. Last batch I think I pre-ordered Ridley and Inkling in one order, and then Wolf went on sale a little later and got him separate. In that order, only Wolf was delayed.

I wonder if this is an issue that depends on if you ordered in a bundle and if you got it separately? Not sure. I did get these within minutes of them going live, though, in both cases.

I ordered Piranha, K Rool and Ice Climbers all together on Nov 3 — I dunno if that's when they went up but couldn't have been too long after. The latter two shipped earlier this week, but dear Plant is in limbo.

It's probably nothing to worry about, but the bad old days of amiibo buying have me on edge here haha

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
*Goes to EB at 10AM*

"No shipment yet, come back at 1"

*Calls at 1PM*

"Yeah we're all sold out of K.Rools"

Angery.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
K Rool and Ice Climbers were in my area. Plant wasn't.

I'm kind of surprised. I thought the other two would be harder to find

cdm00

The Fallen
Dec 5, 2018
Got Cloud P1 and K Tool today, all that's left of DKC amiibo is Dixie and Cranky right Nintendo??

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
It's probably nothing to worry about, but the bad old days of amiibo buying have me on edge here haha

Yeah I get that. I was trying to help a friend get the new Pokemon Center Pikachu Funko and did that every take me back to peak Amiibo collecting (neither of us got an order in, cause servers imploded :/)

Amiibos are still fairly rare and even though they aren't as popular, stores aren't ordering too many in anymore, it seems.

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
All 3 of the new ones arrived from best buy via ups for me today. Really love how they turned out! Totally in love with the Ice Climbers one though, it's so adorable and well sculpted. So, so nice.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
*Goes to EB at 10AM*

"No shipment yet, come back at 1"

*Calls at 1PM*

"Yeah we're all sold out of K.Rools"'

Angery.
Girl told me to call throughout the day. I asked when and she said to call every hour if I could. My last call was at 2:30 and she said the shipment had just come in and they were processing it and if I got there soon after then they would be ready to buy. I picked them up at 2:50. Store got 4 King K, 4 Piranha, and 6 Ice Climbers and I was the first to buy them. I wasn't busy so it wasn't a problem for me to call multiple times, I just didn't want to annoy her but she said it at least gave her something to do during the day when the store's dead.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
All 3 arrived from Best Buy. K. Rool looks so good, & Piranha Plant is simple, yet great. Ice Climbers looking decent, but don't have much else, they don't have the same "woah, neat" factor as the other two.

also oh god, i'm now at 91 amiibo, i'm gonna be hitting 100 by the end of the year with all the smash ones, aren't i

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So has Yoshi Smash amiibo gotten a reprint somewhere already? It's one of the few from the original line I still can not find anywhere.

johnnypanda

Oct 30, 2017
Seattle, WA
Yeah I get that. I was trying to help a friend get the new Pokemon Center Pikachu Funko and did that every take me back to peak Amiibo collecting (neither of us got an order in, cause servers imploded :/)

That sucks! That's a cool little fig. Hope you have better luck in future hunts (if you decide to pursue).

also oh god, i'm now at 91 amiibo, i'm gonna be hitting 100 by the end of the year with all the smash ones, aren't i

The trick is to not count them!

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
Alright, so I managed to get Piranha Plant @ target.
Cloud Player 2 @ Best buy
Cloud Player 1 @ Gamestop

I did see ice climbers and K. rool at Target but didn't get them.

Best of luck to the rest of you to find more amiibo.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Pre-ordered all 3 at the same time. They all were supposed to ship together, and then I got an email saying K Rool and Planty were delayed.

Ice Climbers came but not the other two as the emails said.

Anyone else have that going on?

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I hope Nintendo keeps this three amiibos every two months pace.