• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
HOLY SHIT

HUGE restock of Zelda amiibo on Nintendo UK.
They've always been out of stock since I moved to a boxed collection!

Managed to get every single one I've been missing, and the Links Awakening one. Zelda is my favourite Nintendo franchise and really the only reason I began collecting so this is pretty damn amazing after months of nada.

Have WW Link and Zelda already but grabbed them for a buddy's birthday,

97a5cd7a-42bb-4abd-9yektp.jpeg

f13cda19-dc44-44c5-bvvjgk.jpeg

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
HOLY SHIT

Managed to get every single one I've been missing, and the Links Awakening one. Zelda is my favourite Nintendo franchise and really the only reason I began collecting so this is ridiculously awesome.

Hope this means we will get restocks in the US then, I still need the Bokogoblin from BoTW and a few of the others as well SS, TP, OoT and WW Zelda.

Yarbskoo

Oct 27, 2017
HOLY SHIT

Managed to get every single one I've been missing, and the Links Awakening one. Zelda is my favourite Nintendo franchise and really the only reason I began collecting so this is pretty damn amazing after months of nada.

I hope it happens here in NA. I need the skyward sword and majora's mask links.

Oct 25, 2017
I randomly found MM Link in a Best Buy when my friend was buying a whole bunch of stuff there. Need all the others. Might end up with an amiibo display of just Link at this point.

Tye

Oct 27, 2017
Missed my chance to get the Jikkyō Powerful Pro amiibo cards on release 'cause importing copies of the game from 6 different Japanese retailers was too overwhelming for me to deal with... Guess I'll have to hope I can somehow snag them if they're all put up for sale on eBay or wherever, ugh. I don't suppose anyone else here is even bothering with these, are they?

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
My friend stopped in at a local Half-Price books and showed me a pic of several shelves full of liquidated Amiibos, including stuff like Nes and Pit.... That would've been beyond comprehension a few years back :x Surprised some reprints are already getting liquidated, though.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
I finally got the Wolf Amiibo!

Now I just need to get Inkling, Piranah Plant, and Daisy, and I think I'll have all currently released Smash Ultimate Amiibo.

I still have 20-25 Smash Wii U/3DS Amiibo I need to get.

keakster

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
HOLY SHIT

Shipping end of November? Interesting that they opened up the orders so soon on a re-stock, but maybe they have a big Zelda push coming for the holidays or something

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I ever posted this story here, but a few months ago my sister had to do a research paper in college on a collection. The options were either some professor's artifact collection, or someone she knew's collection that she could physically go see. She chose to interview me about my amiibo collection, and she got an A+ on the paper. Kind of interesting seeing my own name as a cited source.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I ever posted this story here, but a few months ago my sister had to do a research paper in college on a collection. The options were either some professor's artifact collection, or someone she knew's collection that she could physically go see. She chose to interview me about my amiibo collection, and she got an A+ on the paper. Kind of interesting seeing my own name as a cited source.

I'm curious as to what the paper is like now, lol.

"An Analysis on Amiibo: The Expensive Collectibles That Nintendo Fans Can Quit At Any Time, But Damn Guys, Can You Imagine How Sweet That Banjo and Kazooie Amiibo Will Be? Also, The Belmonts. Also Snake. Also Joker. Also..."

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious as to what the paper is like now, lol.

"An Analysis on Amiibo: The Expensive Collectibles That Nintendo Fans Can Quit At Any Time, But Damn Guys, Can You Imagine How Sweet That Banjo and Kazooie Amiibo Will Be? Also, The Belmonts. Also Snake. Also Joker. Also..."
It was about collections in general really.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Received Pichu, Isabelle and Pokémon Trainer earlier today. They look really well made. Hopefully I can order the next batch soon. We're almost at the end!

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Considering I'm still missing Smash Yoshi, Lucina and Cloud Player 2... Yeah, this ride never ends for me...

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
So I just got my Bayonetta amiibo from Best Buy... it's the one with the blue guns and her hair down. I swear that's Bayonetta player 1, because I already have her. But I thought Best Buy was getting Bayonetta P2? Am I crazy? Even the picture on the website shows the red gun one. Did they somehow get both?

I don't want to go through the hassle of returning it and getting the same one.

edited to add: I see on reddit that their restock was basically Bayonetta player one despite the picture they have up on the website. Back it goes, I guess. Argh.

Last edited:

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
HOLY SHIT

Really wish there were a way to get these shipped to the US. I only want the Zelda amiibos and I only recently started collecting them, and they're so hard to find and ridiculously expensive. Maybe we'll get a restock eventually.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
You know... with seeing how high quality Amiibos have come, I almost wish that they could redo the first couple of lines of Smash... Marth would look AMAZING now! The detail in Pokemon Trainer is just so good now!

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
You know... with seeing how high quality Amiibos have come, I almost wish that they could redo the first couple of lines of Smash... Marth would look AMAZING now! The detail in Pokemon Trainer is just so good now!
I was surprised to see how well the trainer's face looks, along with the textures on his pants and backpack.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Don't give them any ideas. I'm ready to be finished with the Smash line

Oct 25, 2017
Bayo amiibo already off the Best Buy website

Had a doctor's appointment last week and been dealing with getting myself adjusted to new medication and lol welp

Do I dare go out to a store and look? Incredible they get a restock and it's basically off the website and not available in like three days

edit: apparently it was the player 1 amiibo anyway? okay i don't feel bad now

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
So did Gamestop actually get a restock of Smash Dedede? It was scheduled for last Friday with the new amiibo, but it's already in that wonderful Online Only and Unavailable Online combo. :/

Wish Best Buy had gotten it. All of their restocks have actually been available for a while after release (except Bayo, I guess).

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Just realized I ordered a King Dedede Smash Amiibo from Gamestop awhile back and it was supposed to come out with this last wave, but I never got it. Anyone else have that problem? Still shows that it's an open order and that it was never shipped.

Androzor

Jan 27, 2018
Since Fire Emblem: Three Houses seems to be getting good reviews and selling well, I wonder if we will get some amiibo at some point. I'd love to see a three pack of Edelgard, Dimitri, and Claude.