• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
So far I've gone on a pattern of not being able to secure 1 amiibo from each wave of Smash Ultimate before everyone else takes it:
Wave 1: Inkling
Wave 2: Piranah Plant
Wave 3: Daisy
Wave 4: Isabelle (I don't have PKMN trainer yet, they'll be on the way later this week though. Was able to grab at the last minute.)

Wonder who the fifth wave will be for me. (Oh god, if I can't get Snake.)

TechDragon Z

Oct 25, 2017
Went to my local Gamestop when I saw nothing about the Amiibo on the website. Asked the guy at the register there and he never even heard of it before. He looked it up and low and behold, it's up! Paid it off immediately. No release date, but it's definitely up in their system. I imagine it'll get a proper announcement soon-ish (unless it already had one and I missed it) and this is just prepwork which might explain why employees are even unaware of it and why it's not on their website. As for AMiibo being exclusively available through in-store pre-order? Non that I can recall, which again I think this is them just prepping for a more proper announcement... or a leak. In any case, that Gold Shovel Night is locked in for me. MINE!

The heck is this? Has there ever been an amiibo available exclusively through in-store preorder?

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Went to my local Gamestop when I saw nothing about the Amiibo on the website. Asked the guy at the register there and he never even heard of it before. He looked it up and low and behold, it's up! Paid it off immediately. No release date, but it's definitely up in their system. I imagine it'll get a proper announcement soon-ish (unless it already had one and I missed it) and this is just prepwork which might explain why employees are even unaware of it and why it's not on their website. As for AMiibo being exclusively available through in-store pre-order? Non that I can recall, which again I think this is them just prepping for a more proper announcement... or a leak. In any case, that Gold Shovel Night is locked in for me. MINE!

Darn, of course this got posted after I left my local GS (they close at 8 though). I'll have to check in tomorrow.

OP
OP

Diggeh

Oct 25, 2017
Gold Shovel Knight is up at GS! I don't see any exclusivity on the site or packaging.

Shovel-Knight-Treasure-Trove-amiibo-Gold-Edition

I'll add him to the OT after the Direct for the inevitable announcements/release dates.

not just because I'm at work and can't do it anyways

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Gold Shovel Knight is up at GS! I don't see any exclusivity on the site or packaging.

Shovel-Knight-Treasure-Trove-amiibo-Gold-Edition

I'll add him to the OT after the Direct for the inevitable announcements/release dates.

not just because I'm at work and can't do it anyways

Uh...was this known? Or is this a surprise? I don't recall it in the Shovel Knight direct from the other day, but admittedly I wasn't paying full attention as I was at work at the time.

Also still bummed that the piranha plant amiibo was apparently released and sold out before I realized it even released in the first place.

Credo

Oct 25, 2017
Were any other new amiibo announced today? I know there were none in the Direct but I was just curious about the stuff afterward.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I received an email from Best Buy saying the next wave are releasing on November 15th

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know what Gold Shovel Knight does yet? Or is it like the gold armor in the Treasure Trove game and just looks nice but does nothing?

Also will take best buy preorders if i must but would prefer amazon for that sweet credit card rewards points

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Do we know what Gold Shovel Knight does yet? Or is it like the gold armor in the Treasure Trove game and just looks nice but does nothing?

Also will take best buy preorders if i must but would prefer amazon for that sweet credit card rewards points

It is literally the same as the regular Shovel Knight amiibo. Just a variant. Nothing exclusive to that one if you already own the original one. YCG said it's sort of meant to be a reprint of that one.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Not getting the Boxboy amiibo and physical 3DS cart of the three games still hurts :(

Yeah that did stink :/ Boxboy was the only one I didn't go after (plus I reallllly thought it would get localized, but by that point it got SUPER rare!) MonHun ones I REALLY wish they brought here, even in smaller quantities. The quality of those things are soooooo goooooood.

TheGrue

Oct 25, 2017
Not getting the Boxboy amiibo and physical 3DS cart of the three games still hurts :(
I had decided I wasn't getting it after it kept increasing in price and I kept passing on it. But, my wife was nice enough to buy it for me for Christmas last year. She spent so much more than I could have bought it for even when it was $40.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I was on the fence about the Snake amiibo but it looks really good. They've come a long way since Wave 1 of the Smash 4 set, lol.

Personally, I'm starting to get there. I've missed the train on most Smash 4 and Mario series amiibos, so I've been playing catch up (got all of the Mario series covered now haha), but I'm nearly done with all of the ones I want.

TheDutchSlayer

Did you find it? Cuez I didn't!
Oct 26, 2017
The Hauge, The Netherlands
Dec 2018 collection always make a photo of the total collection end of Dec of that year because it takes about a day to get them all and put them all down for a photo, so imagine this picture with all 2019 releases added.
lNBMiM1.jpg

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I regret opening the packaging of the original ton of amiibo, they look so good in their box. But oh well, they're pretty cool in the glass case.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Pre-ordered a Snake amigo for my brother-in-law a few weeks back as a surprise gift. He's no amiibo collector but he does love himself some Metal Gear.

This was the text I received when he got his package yesterday:

Si6AG75l.jpg

It's his first amiibo and he already knows how the game is played.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Just counted & I've passed the 100 amiibo mark with all the ones released on Friday. Link's Awakening one is cool with how it looks & even feels like it's made out of plastic to match the graphical style.

Should pre-order Simon & Incineroar. Just sucks I have Chrom already & if I use my Best Buy discount, it won't be enough for free shipping. Should've pre-ordered them along with Medievil when I had the chance, guess I'll do it with a different game considering my GCU runs out next month.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I have like 40 amiibo (including the ones that are currently in shipping), but I also only really am picking up the ones I like. I'm by no means a completionist, and given that I missed most of em, that would be very expensive lol.

The only set I have complete is the (basic) Super Mario series, so not counting the wedding and the Silver/Gold Mario variants.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
I'm hoping the reprinting of the Majora's Mask Link amiibo means that they're slowly reprinting the whole Zelda line.

I enjoy the Zelda series but I wouldn't say I'm a superfan, so I'm definitely not gonna "collect 'em all", but I'd like to own the Skyward Sword or Twilight Princess Link amiibo, proabbly preferring the Skyward Sword design of the two.

Also kinda regret not nabbing either the Archer or Rider Link amiibo while they were plentiful. Oh well, maybe some day I'll come across one for cheap.

Edit: The number of NFC tags on eBay is gross. Wish there was an easy way to filter those out.

Edit 2: Hmm, I'm not against paying $20ish for a new Skyward Sword amiibo. It's only a few bucks above MSRP really, and it ships free from Japan. Are there any reliable eBay sellers I should be looking out for?

Vylder

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone knows where I can buy three extra "amiibo bases" so I can display my Mr. Game & Watch?