• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Here is my collection :

Missing on photo : Monster Hunters amiibo and my amiibo cards. Only missing Qbby. :(
Hey, those plastic shelves (the ones that rise like bleachers in a stadium) are nice. Are there any ones available that are about 10 amiibo length-wise?

In my book case, on each shelf I could hit two bleachers, placing 10 amiibo on each, and then another 10 on the ground in front of the bleachers, for 30 amiibo per book shelf.

Vylder

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, those plastic shelves (the ones that rise like bleachers in a stadium) are nice. Are there any ones available that are about 10 amiibo length-wise?

In my book case, on each shelf I could hit two bleachers, placing 10 amiibo on each, and then another 10 on the ground in front of the bleachers, for 30 amiibo per book shelf.

I haven't found any larger one unfortunately!

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Anyone knows where I can buy three extra "amiibo bases" so I can display my Mr. Game & Watch?

Only by buying 3 more G&W amiibos if you want to do it officially. I'm sure you could take off the figurines from other amiibos and glue the G&W bodies on there instead. Sadly, there's no other option than that - there's no "empty" amiibo bases, partially because that's where their NFC tags are in.

I dunno why they didn't include 3 "dummy" bases to go with the other G&W models. It's not like they'd be pricey to produce.

Vylder

Oct 25, 2017
Only by buying 3 more G&W amiibos if you want to do it officially. I'm sure you could take off the figurines from other amiibos and glue the G&W bodies on there instead. Sadly, there's no other option than that - there's no "empty" amiibo bases, partially because that's where their NFC tags are in.

I dunno why they didn't include 3 "dummy" bases to go with the other G&W models. It's not like they'd be pricey to produce.

Just found this : https://www.amazon.com/amiibo-Displ...base+game+&+watch&qid=1569258406&sr=8-1-fkmr2

I don't mind if they are not all official I guess :p

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
I'm hoping the reprinting of the Majora's Mask Link amiibo means that they're slowly reprinting the whole Zelda line.

I enjoy the Zelda series but I wouldn't say I'm a superfan, so I'm definitely not gonna "collect 'em all", but I'd like to own the Skyward Sword or Twilight Princess Link amiibo, proabbly preferring the Skyward Sword design of the two.

Going off my own faulty memory here but I feel like the MM Link has gotten a reprint before (in addition to the upcoming one) while the TP and SS ones never got a reprint. Sucks since the SS design is my favorite of the three.

Honestly I'd probably buy a Smash Link based on the BotW design. The archer and rider ones aren't quite what I want from that particular Link.

It'd be rough for anyone who decided to get every Link amiibo (particularly the WW 2-pack which I'm convinced only ever existed in legend and hushed whispers). I did decide to buy every Fire Emblem amiibo back when it looked like we'd only ever get four of them, but that ended up ballooning a bit. Guess I'll end up with two Chroms though, good thing I like him.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Honestly I'd probably buy a Smash Link based on the BotW design. The archer and rider ones aren't quite what I want from that particular Link.

Man, poor Smash 4 Link suffers so much from being an early amiibo lmao.
If there was Ultimate designs for Zelda, Ganondorf and Sheik, I would be so on that train. As it stands, I'm kind of on the fence about getting 'em. I do like TP Zelda's design, so I probably will get her, but not so much Ganondorf, and Sheik is really costly by now. If they had the redesigns though, day 1.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Man, poor Smash 4 Link suffers so much from being an early amiibo lmao.
If there was Ultimate designs for Zelda, Ganondorf and Sheik, I would be so on that train. As it stands, I'm kind of on the fence about getting 'em. I do like TP Zelda's design, so I probably will get her, but not so much Ganondorf, and Sheik is really costly by now. If they had the redesigns though, day 1.
I really wish they'd do Ganondorf with the OoT design.

Also, how do you guys get the rarer amiibo's without getting ripped off? I feel like I missed the boat for some...

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, it surprised me Skyward Sword got an amiibo of all games. And the mold looks freaking fantastic too.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I really wish they'd do Ganondorf with the OoT design.

Also, how do you guys get the rarer amiibo's without getting ripped off? I feel like I missed the boat for some...

I live in Austria, which doesn't go in too hard on amiibos (Europe doesn't seem to in general), so the newer ones aren't immediately sold out.
The older ones I missed I'm getting second hand, mostly. Since I take them out of the box, anyway, I don't mind if they're on their own if it means I can get them cheaper.

I did have to pay a bit more than the default price of like 12-15$ for some (namely the Samus Returns pair and Pac-Man so far), but it's okay, and wasn't too bad. I got really lucky to find the entire Super Mario series (plus Bowser Jr. but sans the Odyssey ones) for 5 bucks a pop.

It's a real bummer to me that there wasn't an amiibo for A Link to the Past.

If anything I would think that's a bigger game than Majora's Mask.

Honestly, it surprised me Skyward Sword got an amiibo of all games. And the mold looks freaking fantastic too.

OoT, MM, WW and TP all got the remakes on 3DS or Wii U around that time, while Skyward Sword was the last main 3D Zelda until BotW, which is why it also got one.
The only outlier is actually Zelda 1's pixel Link amiibo.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
I live in Austria, which doesn't go in too hard on amiibos (Europe doesn't seem to in general), so the newer ones aren't immediately sold out.
The older ones I missed I'm getting second hand, mostly. Since I take them out of the box, anyway, I don't mind if they're on their own if it means I can get them cheaper.

I did have to pay a bit more than the default price of like 12-15$ for some (namely the Samus Returns pair and Pac-Man so far), but it's okay, and wasn't too bad. I got really lucky to find the entire Super Mario series (plus Bowser Jr. but sans the Odyssey ones) for 5 bucks a pop.

OoT, MM, WW and TP all got the remakes on 3DS or Wii U around that time, while Skyward Sword was the last main 3D Zelda until BotW, which is why it also got one.
The only outlier is actually Zelda 1's pixel Link amiibo.

I mean, A Link to the Past received a sequel in between the OoT/WW and MM/TP remakes.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017

Stores in Austria sell second hand amiibo? Here they overcharge everything. A sealed Charizard is €30! Also Cloud is a myth.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Got my OoT reprint today in the mail, thought it was coming out in 2 days, but whatever. Just missing SS and TP Link and then WW Zelda and I have all the Zelda Amiibo. Need those 3 reprinted stat!

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I mean, A Link to the Past received a sequel in between the OoT/WW and MM/TP remakes.

True. I don't know either. Perhaps they didn't want to push too hard on the amiibo tie-ins for Zelda, and wanted to keep them to the remakes, rather than the new one. Or perhaps they didn't want patience with all those variants of Link to wear too thin (even though I think a classic era-styled Link would have sold gangbusters, cause the ALBW style is a somewhat stylized version of what he looked like in 1, 2, 3 and LA, too).
Considering the BotW set with like 8 or 9 amiibos was on the horizon, I think that may have been it.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Stores in Austria sell second hand amiibo? Here they overcharge everything. A sealed Charizard is €30! Also Cloud is a myth.

Second hand stores do! I actually got a sealed Wolf Link for 10€ from one. But mainly, I get them off the Austrian equivalent of Craigslist lmao.
I couldn't find Pac-Man at all though without paying like 30+ €, so I actually found a Japanese amazon dealer who ships to Europe for free and only charged like 19€ for a new one. It's gonna take until mid-October for it to arrive, and I have no idea in what condition it'll come, but it's supposedly sealed.

Charizard is actually offered by an Austrian person second hand for like 15€ (I intend to buy their Mewtwo heh), but without packaging.

Last edited:

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hmm, just thought about this, do you guys expect a new Super Smash Bros amiibo for Zelda?

I think if they had planned on doing so, they would have announced such around release. So no, I don't expect them to, at all. Remember that alt versions of base roster characters in Smash 4 also didn't get their variants as amiibos (Alph, Koopalings, male/female versions of Robin, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer - jeez imagine every Koopaling got an amiibo lmao), only the DLC characters that had alts got them released as amiibos as well.
I imagine the school uniform alt for Joker and the 3 variants of Hero are very likely candidates for amiibos, and if Terry or DLC character 5 come with alts, they likely would be as well. Might even allow them to stretch the amiibo releases until they are well into the second wave of DLC character releases.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sorry for the multipost, but I figured I'd let people in Europe know that Amazon seems to have restocked various Zelda-related amiibo (I've seen Smash Zelda and Sheik as well as 8-Bit Link having been restocked).

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Saw a 8-Bit Link in Target over the weekend as well, which surprised me.

Hopefully one day I'll come across a Archer Link or Skyward Sword Link.

I think just about all Zelda-related amiibos got or will be getting a reprint.
I saw on another site that Ganondorf is apparently slated to get one towards the end of October. Rider Link also got restocked on Amazon, apparently, and Skyward Sword Link is slated for early October (though is priced at 20€ atm instead of the usual 15).

Everything for Europe of course, but it might be similar in the US.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Some Walmarts have already put the new released Amiibos on clearance by $3-8 each :x Extremely YMMV, sounds like some error by the local store markdowns (as clearance are on a per-store discretion).

PtM

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Sorry for the multipost, but I figured I'd let people in Europe know that Amazon seems to have restocked various Zelda-related amiibo (I've seen Smash Zelda and Sheik as well as 8-Bit Link having been restocked).
I think just about all Zelda-related amiibos got or will be getting a reprint.
I saw on another site that Ganondorf is apparently slated to get one towards the end of October. Rider Link also got restocked on Amazon, apparently, and Skyward Sword Link is slated for early October (though is priced at 20€ atm instead of the usual 15).

Everything for Europe of course, but it might be similar in the US.
Yeah, Saturn-Mediamarkt also did pre-orders a few weeks ago.
Mediamarkt still has some (OoT!), Amazon has already raised some prices for those that went out of stock elsewhere, so better be quick.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
The fact that they haven't announced updated Link and Zelda amiibo for Smash is pretty upsetting.

They won't because they pitched at E3 2018 that all the Smash 4 Amiibo work with Ultimate. Aka: You don't need to rebuy new ones.

They clearly only want to focus on anyone who didn't have a Smash Amiibo yet. And I completely understand that reasoning.

PtM

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Era, my Ken soiled his pants (mostly on the back side). Anything I can do about those darkened regions?

I thought I'd found one who wasn't that badly messed up, but alas...

OP needs an update, my Zelda reprints and this Ken had no aluminium RFID blocker underneath.

On a Mii related note, anybody else thought about saving their different Miis on their collection, since it's the only import method on Switch?

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Era, my Ken soiled his pants (mostly on the back side). Anything I can do about those darkened regions?

I thought I'd found one who wasn't that badly messed up, but alas...

OP needs an update, my Zelda reprints and this Ken had no aluminium RFID blocker underneath.

On a Mii related note, anybody else thought about saving their different Miis on their collection, since it's the only import method on Switch?
It's kinda hard to make out what you're talking about in those photos, but my Ken amiibo has darkened areas on his legs, too.

The sides and backs of his thighs are darker, and he looks like he has a very sweaty crack, lol

PtM

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
It's kinda hard to make out what you're talking about in those photos, but my Ken amiibo has darkened areas on his legs, too.

The sides and backs of his thighs are darker, and he looks like he has a very sweaty crack, lol
Sorry, might try another shoot in the future with better lighting.

It's all the Kens, really. I've been to multiple stores and ordered two online. The costume part has a kind of translucent quality to it, and every time there are some areas where it looks like the mass used wasn't homogenous. Other iterations also have had this more prominently on the front and below his right arm.
It's also weird how his hair tends to darken in the ends (mine not so much).

PtM

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
German era, Softwarepyramide apparently are importing Japanese bos to Mediamarkt/Saturn, or something.

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So i'm thinking of making a 5th anniversary of Amiibo thread. Anything I need to include?

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Dark Samus and Richter are listed on Best Buy, but not up yet. Boo. Didn't realize that Gold Shovelknight was up on there, too (plzzzz release date on all those!!)

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Weird, was at Walmart & they already had like 5 Incineroars stocked. Didn't try to buy it since I have a Best Buy pre-order, but how did they get them almost a week before release?