• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Weird, was at Walmart & they already had like 5 Incineroars stocked. Didn't try to buy it since I have a Best Buy pre-order, but how did they get them almost a week before release?

Stores usually get stock about a week before release. They usually have giant "DO NOT SELL BEFORE XXXX" labelled on the boxes, but Walmart never seems to notice/care. But they usually don't ring up at the registers, anyways.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
FYI, Best Buy just messaged me and has a date now for the Shovel Knight Switch game and Amiibo pack - Dec 10. Seems like it's a hard date for it now, since it was previously announced for just "December". I would assume it's the same for the Gold Shovel Knight, but I got that at Gamestop when it went up.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
FYI, Best Buy just messaged me and has a date now for the Shovel Knight Switch game and Amiibo pack - Dec 10. Seems like it's a hard date for it now, since it was previously announced for just "December". I would assume it's the same for the Gold Shovel Knight, but I got that at Gamestop when it went up.

I was popping in to mention the same. Still deciding whether or not I want gold version.

TheDutchSlayer

Did you find it? Cuez I didn't!
Oct 26, 2017
The Hauge, The Netherlands
This weeks releases have arrived :D

cspvn6ihlny31.jpg

TheGrue

Oct 25, 2017
Still trying to figure out where I can get a Simon. I ignored the Wario64 message back when they went on sale on Amazon thinking I had already preordered it, so I only got Chrom and Incineroar. They went up last night again, but I didn't see the message for an hour so they were gone before I got on. I guess this one is going to be a small print run?

TheGrue

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently it was easy. Just pre-ordered for store pickup at a Best Buy. Not sure what Amazon's deal is.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
I can only preorder the bundle. I just want Simon. :(

I can order on Amazon but I'm wary about international shipments, especially since Simon has a chain attached which may or may not be fragile. What's everyone's experiences with Amazon's packaging and handling?

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if I should just stick with pre-ordering from Best Buy despite no longer having GCU. Amazon has Dark Samus & Richter listed, but are unavailable.

Wait....dark samus...richter......metroid.....castlevania.......metroidvania OH MY GOD.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Got Simon in a retail store today. Am happy. Now it's just Dark Samus, Richter, the Shovel Knight triplets and some cleanup (mainly Lucario) and I'm all caught up on the amiibos I want.

Amazon has Dark Samus & Richter listed, but are unavailable.

They're gonna come out in early 2020, and haven't received a date just yet. That might be why.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Got Simon in a retail store today. Am happy. Now it's just Dark Samus, Richter, the Shovel Knight triplets and some cleanup (mainly Lucario) and I'm all caught up on the amiibos I want.

They're gonna come out in early 2020, and haven't received a date just yet. That might be why.

Yes they have. It's January 17th.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
My Incineroar and Chrom amiibos were delayed by BB....

What are the chances this means the order gets cancelled?

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
All three of these ended up looking fantastic. I shudder to think how Chrom and Simon might have looked back in the early amiibo days, based on the old Marthface.

Definitely getting Richter and might go ahead and grab Dark Samus too. I wasn't planning on getting Incineroar initially but it just looked too good, D-Samus is kind of the same way.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if the next batch of Amiibos announced will be all of the S1 DLC characters? Would be nice if they do some of the alt DQ Heroes and Joker, but I doubt it.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
I got Simon and Chrom. Incineror is on backorder. I'll have them next week.

Also pre-ordered Dark Samus with a gift card. Will get around to Richter later.

JDazzle

Nov 6, 2017
I literally walked into my Best Buy last night, picked up Chrom and Incineroar with no problem but didn't find a Simon the shelves...

... when I asked a BB employee they looked in the back and returned with a Simon!!

I'm still in shock after the first 2 years of Amiibo hunting at how easy this was.

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still in shock after the first 2 years of Amiibo hunting at how easy this was.

It's the world I wanted. Nothing about this, or anything I get, has anything to do with the scarcity or hype and I get so tired of having to deal with all that just to get a product I want.

I will say the one benefit of the way things were going was the community that formed around it. Threads like this were more active and met a bunch of cool people waiting in lines.

Oct 25, 2017
So after the two come out in January how many more smash amiibo do we have to go? Is it just the five DLC characters from the season pass?

Here I go dreaming again of having a bunch of different Hero amiibo available in all the various incarnations.

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
I would love them to re-release some of the older amiibos in the better modeling they are usuing, which would also give us the new designs for the like of Zelda.

IceBear

Nov 20, 2017
Yo what's up with the Simon amiibo? It seems to be selling way faster than the other 2 (Incineroar/Chrom).

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
Alright so I've been out of the amiibo game for a while and I only got Ridley last year. How many am I missing since Ultimate came out?

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Simon's not my favourite Smash character, but I think he may be my favourite amiibo. The pose is great and dynamic, and the detail on him shows how much better amiibos have come since the first prints 5 years ago

DrStrange87

The Fallen
Feb 8, 2018
Got my treasure trove amiibo today from Best Buy. The paint job is pretty bad on all of them and Plague Knight is leaning forward, clearly not intentional. For something that was delayed forever I was hoping for something better.

DrStrange87

The Fallen
Feb 8, 2018
Ruh roh
Afraid to see mine tomorrow, now
I managed to get Plague Knights tilt fixed, the paint job on them however can't be fixed without repainting. Tried my usual magic eraser technique to remove the scruff but it's pretty bad on specter knights scythe. It looks like random scratches on them and there no way to get rid of that either.

Hopefully you have a better experience than me with yours.

OP
OP

Diggeh

Oct 25, 2017
Dang, the 3-pack order was so long ago that I had it as an in store pickup! I was wondering why it hadn't arrived yet.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Oh awesome, all 3 of my pre-orders dated for tomorrow release are on delay -_- I'm going to guess they were from a warehouse that's near bad weather or something? At least, I hope that's the reason :/

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Just realizes I don't have Richter or Dark Samus pre-ordered because Amazon didn't have them available for pre-order. Should I wait & see if they go up or just pre-order from Gamestop? It feels a bit weird not doing it from BB but I no longer get the discount.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Seriously jealous of user OrangeBjorn over on reddit:

I have the same collection in box but no way to display them this nicely :D

30atw5k2rl541.jpg

That looks amazing!

I started being a BNIB collector with my amiibos, but the issue of finding enough space just got to be too much. Even this collector ran out of shelf room... and they have 3 damn bookcases lol.

I have all non-recolor Smash character amiibos and some other ones, and can fit them all on a single ikea shelf. Looking back on it, I don't regret removing the packaging

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Shovel Knight triple pack seems to be impossible to find in Austria. :/
I only found it on amazon, and there they charge 50 for it. I was expecting 45 at most (since that's the price of 3 amiibo). Suxx.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Any insight on Link's Awakening Amiibo availability/reprints? Since I held off on the game I never picked this up, and it seems very out of stock everywhere D:

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I keep forgetting there's new amiibo next week. Any word on if Amazon will have them to order to get at launch? Never got around to pre-ordering them.

Edit: of course they finally go up for pre-order after posting.

Last edited: