• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheDutchSlayer

Did you find it? Cuez I didn't!
Oct 26, 2017
The Hauge, The Netherlands
Release day is here! :D

EOgMQBrX4AAY8A6

Oct 25, 2017
Probably won't get mine until Tuesday due to the holiday on Monday here :(

I still have the November releases to open as well so it will be a grand time.

Actually thinking of starting Breath of the Wild for the first time soon and I'm going to round up all my Link and series amiibo and have them out as I play. May scan them too!

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Picked up my Dark Samus and Richter today as well!

Oddly enough, the strip mall EB Games I go to (Canadian version of Gamestop) didn't have any, so I went to the one in the nearest mall, and they had lots

Guess they aren't being distributed as evenly this go around?

Damn, though, with these two, I now have all of Smash Ultimate's base roster. That's an insane number. And there's still 11 more DLC fighter amiibos yet to come

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Amazon shipped Dark Samus & said will arrive Monday, still doesn't know when Richter will be shipped.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Preordered Richter and decided to make the call on Dark Samus based on how it looked in the store, but my Best Buy was actually sold out of non-preordered ones, so I guess I'll skip this one. Probably need to buy less $16 collectables with no viable in-game functions anyway. :)

(There was like, 20-30 preordered Dark Samuses there though. Maybe my store's an outlier, but I can't understand why Nintendo's slowed down amiibo production when they always seem to sell well)

As someone who was actually okay with the Byleth announcement, my biggest disappointment with the recent Smash direct was that they didn't announce the next wave yet. Getting a bit worried about it...really want that Joker and Terry amiibo.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Preordered Richter and decided to make the call on Dark Samus based on how it looked in the store, but my Best Buy was actually sold out of non-preordered ones, so I guess I'll skip this one. Probably need to buy less $16 collectables with no viable in-game functions anyway. :)

(There was like, 20-30 preordered Dark Samuses there though. Maybe my store's an outlier, but I can't understand why Nintendo's slowed down amiibo production when they always seem to sell well)

As someone who was actually okay with the Byleth announcement, my biggest disappointment with the recent Smash direct was that they didn't announce the next wave yet. Getting a bit worried about it...really want that Joker and Terry amiibo.

Probably have to wait until a proper Nintendo Direct. Amiibo news seems to squeak out around the same time

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017

Wow, that's a lot more preorders than I would have thought.

I almost never see new amiibos in store, but I figured stores weren't ordering them in great quantities anyway.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, though, with these two, I now have all of Smash Ultimate's base roster. That's an insane number. And there's still 11 more DLC fighter amiibos yet to come

I know. My display doesn't have holes now in the top shelves!

As for the DLC, I'm guessing that Blythe will have two variants. Dragon Quest Hero could do something similar, but we will have to see.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I was scared that I broke Dark Samus' boot taking the figure out :( Turns out that it's actually a separate part that hooks in! ...just in case anyone else has a hard time taking it out and notices the foot "coming off".

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
I just hope Byleth get the female varient as a amiibo. The fact she showed in the cgi models with the male is at least hopeful that happens.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I just hope Byleth get the female varient as a amiibo. The fact she showed in the cgi models with the male is at least hopeful that happens.
They have different names in Japan, and as a super-fan, Sakurai will want an amiibo for each FE character in his own collection, so I imagine we will get both.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Well, another Amiibo collected. I just couldn't pass up on Richter.

Just went by a Best Buy for the 20% off, and his Amiibo is so good! <3

IMG_20200117_142814409.jpg

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Any insight on Link's Awakening Amiibo availability/reprints? Since I held off on the game I never picked this up, and it seems very out of stock everywhere D:

Ah, just checked Best Buy and it happened to come back in stock there! I haven't seen it around since asking so figured I'd give a shout.

Fake edit: Looks like Amazon has a restock coming in end of Feb as well.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
"Unfortunately, a problem occurred during shipping and we had to cancel your delivery. The package is being returned, and we will issue a refund within 3 - 5 business days after the return is processed. We're very sorry for the inconvenience."

....wtf, Amazon, you had no issue delivering me Richter despite it being on Monday instead of at launch. Why is Dark Samus suddenly an issue to delivery?

pete_clarf

Oct 25, 2017
I finally said screw it and bought these two off of Amazon. First time I've paid more than MSRP for any amiibo... but now I have a full 100% complete collection again!

MMnPe9n.jpg

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
So strangely, Dark Samus still arrived, I guess for some reason, that had to be delivered by UPS despite Richter being USPS. Ah well, just glad to have them.

Man, 106 amiibo.....now bring on the DLC Smash characters.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping those Piranha Plant and Isabelle restocks happen soon so I can grab those in stores soon.

If not, I need to begin searching online for the smash amiibo I'm missing. I think there's about 20 minus the upcoming dlc ones.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Is it possible they announce the next wave of Smash Amiibo in the next General Direct? I'm getting anxious. Really need those Joker and Banjo Amiibos.

Thankfully with Richter, I now finally have all the Ultimate Amiibos I want. With the price hike, I'm pickier than I am with Smash 4, and just get the ones I really want.

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
I hope they do alt outfits Bylenth and the Dragon Quest heroes. Prefer female Bylenth and the DQ8 hero design.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017

So I uh..was bad. I've been saving up for a bit and keeping an eye on ebay auctions. Back when Gold Mega Man came out, I was browsing around Target and my dad came over and showed it to me. It was on sale for $20 and I'm like "ehhhh. I'll wait a bit or see if i goes on any better sale." And that was the last time I saw him until today.

I won an auction on ebay for one completely sealed in the original shrink wrap. The box is pretty good except for a little bit of a dent on the one side, but its hardly noticeable.
And.....that's all of them. I have every *physical* amiibo now. Minus obviously stuff like promotional or 1 of a kind stuff but...that's all of them!

Time to unrev the engines until the next amiibo release. :D

TheDutchSlayer

Did you find it? Cuez I didn't!
Oct 26, 2017
The Hauge, The Netherlands
So I uh..was bad. I've been saving up for a bit and keeping an eye on ebay auctions. Back when Gold Mega Man came out, I was browsing around Target and my dad came over and showed it to me. It was on sale for $20 and I'm like "ehhhh. I'll wait a bit or see if i goes on any better sale." And that was the last time I saw him until today.

I won an auction on ebay for one completely sealed in the original shrink wrap. The box is pretty good except for a little bit of a dent on the one side, but its hardly noticeable.
And.....that's all of them. I have every *physical* amiibo now. Minus obviously stuff like promotional or 1 of a kind stuff but...that's all of them!

Time to unrev the engines until the next amiibo release. :D
Awesome very happy for you! :D

I should take some new pictures of my entire collection soon now that there are no new ones coming out soon.

Oct 25, 2017
Think my project very soon (probably after this soccer ends) is to organize my amiibo

I need to organize them by game basically.

I want all my smash amiibo together, all my Animal Crossing amiibo together for when New Horizons comes out next month (omg), and all of my non Smash Link/BotW amiibo together for when I eventually start Breath of the Wild. Can't remember but I think there is 1 or 2 champion amiibo that I never got either. And I know I didn't get that Bokoblin amiibo.

Also why am I about to look through my AC amiibo cards and maybe check ebay and buy some of my favorites loose on the off chance that they will do anything in the new game? I don't think I ever got my boy HOPPER and that is not okay

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Also why am I about to look through my AC amiibo cards and maybe check ebay and buy some of my favorites loose on the off chance that they will do anything in the new game? I don't think I ever got my boy HOPPER and that is not okay
I think right now the biggest hope we all have is that the AC amiibo cards will allow us to bring that villager into our island like they did in New Leaf. (Plus some of the other special amiibo characters like Ganondorf bringing Ganon the pig, Epona, Callie/Marie, etc)

I don't think we've heard anything but Wisp is in the game according to some of the new art that was released; he was in charge of the amiibo summons before.

I'd like them to reprint the cards. I thought that was the plan all along; eventually amiibo could take a card form for reprints/re-releases. AC makes the most sense out of any of them (since I think there's still something nice about having the physical amiibo vs a card).

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's an odd feeling when the prospects of Nintendo revealing when the next batch of Smash amiibo will release gives you as much anticipation as setting games get announced in a Direct

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Welp, for everyone who was watching the AC Direct, Amiibo will be able to be used to summon the characters into the game.
They showed Blathers, Mabel, Isabelle, Nook and KK Slider (But DJ KK doesn't work and will be supported later?) plus all of the cards.

Do we want to have a separate "trade" thread again for the AC/amiibo cards? We had one at the old place, and I'm pretty sure I have the old images somewhere for the thread. (The user feedback probably wouldn't be accurate any more so i would just defer to the one already established here)

I know we have one here on resetera, but that's more of a Buy/sell thread rather than just 1:1 swapping of amiibo cards i figure.

Last edited:

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
K Rool and Piranha Plant are up at Best Buy, no Isabelle yet though (unless she sold out). The last vestiges of my GCU...

-Peabody-

Oct 29, 2017
For Amiibo cards, I heard bootlegs exist on ebay? Is that a common thing or just for the Sanrio ones? I wanted to finish my collection but I don't want fake cards. ^^;

I definitely would be interested in trading again. I at least want to complete the first 3 series.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
K Rool and Piranha Plant are up at Best Buy, no Isabelle yet though (unless she sold out). The last vestiges of my GCU...

Oh shit. Going to have to make pre-ordering the plant priority #1 when I get home. (I hope Isabelle gets up on there soon too).

EDIT: I pre-ordered Piranha Plant and Isabelle. mrmoose and beelulzebub , Isabelle is now on Best Buy if you want her Smash Amiibo.

Last edited:

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Oh shit. Going to have to make pre-ordering the plant priority #1 when I get home. (I hope Isabelle gets up on there soon too).

EDIT: I pre-ordered Piranha Plant and Isabelle. mrmoose and beelulzebub , Isabelle is now on Best Buy if you want her Smash Amiibo.

Thanks for the heads up! Isabelle was somehow the only one of the three I had picked up when they originally released (even though at the time I thought she would shelf warm since the other AC amiibo shelfwarmed so hard... but my kids just love Animal Crossing)

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Got em all. Thanks! :)
Thanks for the heads up! Isabelle was somehow the only one of the three I had picked up when they originally released (even though at the time I thought she would shelf warm since the other AC amiibo shelfwarmed so hard... but my kids just love Animal Crossing)

No problem! Thanks for giving me the heads up they were on Best Buy! (Now I can just pick them up at the store near my job and avoid shipping costs!)

Now I will have nearly all the currently released Smash Ultimate Amiibo. But I still need Inkling and Daisy since I missed out on them previously.

And then I somehow have to find the missing Smash 4 Amiibo I need. (Mario, Kirby, Link, Marth, Peach, Pikachu, Villager, Yoshi, Luigi, Zelda, Bowser, Ike, Dedede, Lucario, Meta Knight, Rosalina, Sheik, Jigglypuff, Dark Pit, and Bowser Jr.) Assuming those aren't getting any reprints anymore, so I'm going to have to hunt them down somewhere.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Selling some of my amiibo because I had them laying around in a box, there's nowhere in my room to adequately display more than 20 or so. My Callie and Marie set I had bought for $10 on clearance sold for $100, god damn.

I like my amiibo but it's hard to justify keeping more than my favorites. I probably would keep them all if more Switch games supported them. I have a real soft spot for the Kirby ones for some reason.

OP
OP

Diggeh

Oct 25, 2017
Selling some of my amiibo because I had them laying around in a box, there's nowhere in my room to adequately display more than 20 or so. My Callie and Marie set I had bought for $10 on clearance sold for $100, god damn.

I like my amiibo but it's hard to justify keeping more than my favorites. I probably would keep them all if more Switch games supported them. I have a real soft spot for the Kirby ones for some reason.
I'm going to sic the Speed Force on you!

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Well, obviously we're probably not getting it for a long time due to the current state of affairs but...

Looks like we're going to get an ARMS amiibo...

Someone summon Dig. Providing they're not on blackout until after they see the mini direct

Martin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't buy amiibos in a long time, but omg when we get a banjo amiibo I will directly buy it!

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Have we even had any amiibo announced this year yet? Strange how long it's taken for them to announce the first DLC Smash characters. Maybe they're debating how to handle Hero from DQ & if they wanna do an amiibo for each "costume".

OP
OP

Diggeh

Oct 25, 2017
Well, obviously we're probably not getting it for a long time due to the current state of affairs but...

Looks like we're going to get an ARMS amiibo...

Someone summon Dig. Providing they're not on blackout until after they see the mini direct

giphy.gif

No need to summon me, I'm always here!

though I was sleeping when the Direct popped out of nowhere and I do need to update the OT