• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I will eat my own flesh if a new LoK/SR is Google's exclusive, hope they have some kind of streaming as well because i wont be able to afford another console next gen lol

Shevek

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
Soul Reaver 3 to be GoogleBox exclusive?
Legacy of Kain HYPEE
Oh gosh please be Legacy of Kain
Oh hell yes!
Legacy of Kain straight into my veins please. <3
Give us a LoK collection then a secuel please (BO or SR , don't care)........please.

My heart's racing right now. Listen to these fine people Crystal Dynamics. Do the right thing

NitX

Lead Developer
Verified
Aug 20, 2018
None of this points to anything about games or exclusives ..

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
What is that hideous thing :|

giphy.gif

Please respect my boy Raziel !
Soul Reaver

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
She's going back to her 3d platformer routes and making a new Gex game.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Had a feeling she would be part of it after the Jade Raymond announcement.

LordBaztion

Oct 27, 2017
Lima PerĂş
I don't think I would buy another plastic box but if they come up with a nice subscription service, I may join for a couple of months to play some quality games.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Clearly this means Google's gonna be the one with the scoop on the HD remake of Walt Disney World Quest: Magical Racing Tour and I am here for it

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
Guess this means I may be into whatever google is selling since I will follow Hennig anywhere.

And while her writing more Legacy of Kain is the only way I would care about the series I really hope she can make her own new IP and not just get tied to existing stuff.

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
A new Legacy of Kain? Ya'll crazy! haha. You might get to stream Soul Reaver though!

Last edited:

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why would they make their game exclusive for a console that has zero install base and is an entirely new player within the market. The money would have to be a ludicrous amount otherwise it wouldn't make sense. You don't ignore 140 million users unless you were incentivized handsomely.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
I think there will be more than a streaming device and service but not a console. Something else thats big.

mario_O

Nov 15, 2017
Didn't she say last week that AAA game development was unsustainable? She's probably going to talk about that again. And how we need a new model, a subscription-based streaming service! ;P

Deleted member 40133

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
You mean they will probably moneyhat 3rd party games and that will hurt the whole industry not one platform?

Yup, anyone who is excited for the entrance of Google is being naive, and it's not fanboyish to think that way. Everyone is just thinking about all the cool games and new hardware without thinking of the implications. Google is from a different "generation" of tech company, even different from the way Microsoft started. They come from the mythos of come into an industry, use your massive resources to straight up break that shit and then pick up the pieces building it around yourself as the defacto market leader.

Edit: To use a buzz phrase from the tech industry, "it's all about disruption"

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
Michael Bell is 80 years old and SImon Templeman is 65

...better late than never I guess

Also, Raziel being older than Kain is weird

cLOUDo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
announce a new LoK/SR game (sequel or reboot)
and i'll buy whatever console/platform google is making

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Yup, anyone who is excited for the entrance of Google is being naive, and it's not fanboyish to think that way. Everyone is just thinking about all the cool games and new hardware without thinking of the implications. Google is from a different "generation" of tech company, even different from the way Microsoft started. They come from the mythos of come into an industry, use your massive resources to straight up break that shit and then pick up the pieces building it around yourself as the defacto market leader.

Edit: To use a buzz phrase from the tech industry, "it's all about disruption"

Meh, bunch of ballyhoo fear mongering imo. Let's look at how Facebook that are quite easily a "Google generation" type of juggernaut has built up Oculus since the buyout. They've funded exclusives with big name devs like Insomniac and Ready at Dawn, created their own storefront (obviously Google already has this), and curated a mini ecosystem of VR games while iterating on their VR headset hardware over the past several years. Even with all their resources it isn't like they have anywhere close to a monopoly in the VR space, last I checked PSVR was kicking their butts sans Oculus Go sales (non gamer demographic). Yes VR isn't going to turn heads like a traditional console at this stage but I'm getting weary of these "[insert big tech company here] is the evil one!" type of reactions. Most of these tech companies operate very similarly, I mean we just had a huge thread the other week about the AR contract Microsoft has with the US Navy. Most tech companies have their hands in a bunch of different things. Most of this fear reaction reeks more of "don't threaten my home team!" under the guise of big bad corporation rhetoric. Why not be at least moderately curious what they might bring to the industry without the added paranoia?

Oct 27, 2017
Why would they make their game exclusive for a console that has zero install base and is an entirely new player within the market. The money would have to be a ludicrous amount otherwise it wouldn't make sense. You don't ignore 140 million users unless you were incentivized handsomely.
People still see it wrong. Maybe there wont be a 'console' and the games will all be free. (with microtransactions and ads of course)

Oct 31, 2017
Maybe Google is funding a new Legacy of Kain game.

Considering there's a rumor about SEGA ("major revivals"), Google also funding a LoK game would not be that crazy.

If both are a thing, oh boy, they really want the hardcore crowd on that new box they're gonna show ! :D

Last edited: