• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia

Could we finally be seeing...The Avengers Project?
Dun dun dun
EDIT:My mind should've went to Legacy of Kain first with the Amy+CD connection but my Marvel fanboy ass thought otherwise LOL

Last edited:

Kathartic

Alt-account
Banned
Mar 4, 2019
I told it long ago, Google will buy exclusives left and right, games, ip and industry talent.
Console fanboys must be prepared for what will come.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Legacy-of-Kain.jpg

Is it time ?

Trago

Oct 25, 2017
If they scoop up Amy, then that's a good get.

Honestly, Google should be funding known names in the industry and go wild with projects to turn heads.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
If it's a cheap streaming console, fine by me. If this thing is a full blown retail competitor that takes exclusives, I'm not gonna enjoy that.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
I wont get my hopes up
I wont get my hopes up
I wont get my hopes up

....please please please

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised that people aren't against Google as much as they are against the Epic Store, when they could be several times worse

Feb 26, 2018
Not to mention their supreme lack of ethics and complete ineptitude at dealing with real issues actually damaging the industry as a whole before they just give up and flee.
What lack of ethics? You talking about them spying on users and selling data?

We can hope they will fund new games and dont just go full EGS on us.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The best case for the industry is that Google fails at home gaming and fails fast before they can do a lot of collateral damage.

Ichi

Banned
Sep 10, 2018
Separately or together??!!

because, you know, there's a differenceeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still holding onto my prediction this is just a streaming service + some little local device. But they are definitely going harder on this than I anticipated.

They must really think they've got the Netflix of Video Games and can win mainstream adoption of it here and now. Which would be exciting if true.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What lack of ethics? You talking about them spying on users and selling data?

We can hope they will fund new games and dont just go full EGS on us.
Data brokering, unwillingness to clamp down on extremism preemptively or effectively, unfair competiton and business practices, treatment of "contractor" employees, literally removing their "don't be evil slogan", cooperation with despotic, murderous, oppressive, etc regimes on censorship and shit like wife tracking apps.

Etc etc etc.

So yeah, Google can get fucked and no one should really be rooting for a gigantic tech corporation to brute force their way into the industry.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2018
Data brokering, unwillingness to clamp down on extremism preemptively or effectively, unfair competiton and business practices, treatment of "contractor" employees, literally removing their "don't be evil slogan", cooperation with despotic, murderous, oppressive, etc regimes on censorship and shit like wife tracking apps.

Etc etc etc.

Everything is even worse than I thought lol

Nall

Oct 25, 2017
I don't want to buy a Google console, but if it gets a new Legacy of Kain, then I have no choice.

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
I still say they are just going to announce some Developer partnerships to use Google Software for development, and maybe a chrome based streaming service.

No Console, No First Party Game Studios.

Lets see if I have egg on my face.

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017
Urinated States of America
WELL I'd assume this is just a casual panel, but if there was some kind of Legacy of Kain remaster (or better yet, remake) in the works, I would scream, "FINALLY!" lol, whatever Google has to do with it. Who even owns the IP again??

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017
Gimme a functional streaming console with tons of exclusives and a subscription based business model please
With soul reaver 3 to begin with

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone should definitely get their hopes way up for the announcement of new AAA games, even though GDC has never really been the place for such reveals.