• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ankit Gaba

Banned
Mar 27, 2020
On Retro Play Amy Henning Said
You know what I'm most proud of is how we made something partly intentional, and partly by accident that everyone loves. Like, the demographics of the game, from young and old, people played with their parents, people played with their spouses, women loved it, men loved it. It just struck the cord, it was like this sort of adventure comfort food for everyone. And that's something I've taken to heart with my work going forward. We've had so many people come to me with such lovely stories, with how they shared it with family members and has brought them together, people who have played it with their parents on their death beds and they hung out and hung out to play the latest game together. Again, better than any trophies and better than Harrison Ford playing your games, just knowing people had these moments. And of course, it was the most fun I had on any project ever was working with you guys. I missed it. Amy Said, "The affection of what we made is amazing."
Source:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J2nEzioGwc&feature=emb_title

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yep :) It's a "lighthearted" adventure game (yes, I know you shoot people :P) with a lot of jokes and a feel good story overall. One of the reasons why it's one of my favourite gaming franchises. The characters (the main crew) feel like family.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
"Adventure confort food" is one of the most apt ways to describe Uncharted as a series.

Agram

Oct 25, 2017
Uncharted 2 is probably my most replayed game ever, it really is like comfort food.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
While I prefer Druckmann's approach to storytelling (I think TLOU and U4 are the best games of the studio), I think what Amy Henning did originally is fantastic and really underlooked. A lot of games have tried to have the same style and tone, and most failed the point by a lot.

Lyre

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 12, 2020
London
As someone that loves travelling, I fucking love Uncharted. Also love watching Drake get all excited and go on a monologue when he discovers shit; I watched Lawrence of Arabia a few Christmases ago so I also felt super excited finding out that the journal he found in 3 belonged to TE Lawrence. The music is great too.

It's just a vibes series, I love it.

Deleted member 67920

alt account
Banned
May 1, 2020
I don't think I'll get tired of Uncharted games any time soon.

Lost Legacy proved they don't need Nathan Drake. Gimme more.

Aspen

Banned
Oct 10, 2019
User Banned (Permanent): Dismissing concerns regarding minority representation. Account in junior phase.
Maybe there is a kernel of truth that nowadays games and movies are trying too hard to add minority character and political lessons when people just want to enjoy a fun lighthearted story adventure with attractive white protagonists in it.

Jan 2, 2018
Uncharted 2 is my favorite game of all time,it changed the way I saw games.
Sure,there are better games than it mechanically,graphically etc.. but no game has ever gave me this, I dunno,warm feeling like seeing a really good,fun and roller coaster type of movie before,it really was the first.
This game means a lot to me,and I keep coming back to it almost every year,it's just has this perfect blend of characters,story and pacing the 3 & 4,while I LOVED them,were kinda lacking here and there.
I always connect the Uncharted games to freedom,freedom to see the world and its beauties,freedom to go wherever I want and freedom to lvie the life you want to live,I know it's kinda cheesy but this is really what this games means for me.
Special game,special franchise and I would love to see more of it down the road.

Femto0

Banned
Apr 28, 2018
I would be way more proudly for legacy of kain series than uncharted if i was her

GuEiMiRrIRoW

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
I restarted uncharted 2 yesterday and I couldn't stop.

that game is simply amazing. The pacing is perfect. It's really incredible how well that story was told.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't disagree with that description. It's really like watching an Indiana Jones or maybe a superhero movie. Lots of fun action, exotic locations, you walk away satisfied enough, even if you hardly crave for another x hours of the same.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Has she been able to ship any kind of game ever since getting booted from ND ?
You hear the name pop up from time to time but usually its accompanied by bad news, like a cancelled project.

Wallace Wells

May 24, 2019
I agree. These games never get boring to play and it's always so much fun delving back into them

Might go and play U4 and get those collectible trophies

RossoneR

Oct 28, 2017
I replay U3 once a year.
10 years later and i dont think i va played game with better set pieces to date.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Has she been able to ship any kind of game ever since getting booted from ND ?
You hear the name pop up from time to time but usually its accompanied by bad news, like a cancelled project.
Don't think she's had any titles released since she lefgt ND. I think she moved to some film company to work in their games division last year so I wouldn't expect to hear anything for a few years.

finally

Jul 22, 2019
I don't enjoy games that are designed for everyone, I started to enjoy games that are designed to be enjoyed by specific group, However I used to enjoy uncharted games 5 years ago but my taste has changed.

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Hopefully this thread about the video goes better than the last one where the OP got strangely argumentative.

The whole video is well worth watching. You see they all get along great and have their own in jokes. Like Richard McGonagle being a murderer.

After I watched it on Friday I ended up getting that Goonies reunion video recommended on YouTube too. Both helped to kill an hour.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
While I prefer Druckmann's approach to storytelling (I think TLOU and U4 are the best games of the studio), I think what Amy Henning did originally is fantastic and really underlooked. A lot of games have tried to have the same style and tone, and most failed the point by a lot.

nah, uncharted 2 is the pinnacle of the studio.

Grimwood

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Well, for me - just like with any ND game - the main reason that I love it is that is so far ahead in quality to everyone else. Usually when "everyone loves something" that's a sign it sucks... but yeah, in that case.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It will probably never happen but it'd be cool if sometime in the future Hennig rejoined ND like Cory Barlog did Sony Santa Monica and makes a brand new UC game.

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I didn't care for uncharted 4 and I think alot of that was the tone that 2 and 3 carried. It was more subtle while still very accessable. I still mostly love Amy for her Kain work, she's a gift to the industry

grang

Nov 13, 2017
I have all 4 but haven't played them, been thinking about going through them on easy mode because I am not good at video games lol. Adventure comfort food sounds great right about now.

danmaku

Nov 5, 2017
It's Indiana Jones in gaming format basically. It's fun and at times thrilling adventures in search of treasures. Whats not to like.

They're way, way worse than their main inspiration. Granted, I only played 1 and 2 but neither of them can reach or even get close to the quality of Indy movies and Fate of Atlantis. Drake and his friends feel like a bunch of annoying assholes, even if what they do isn't that far from what Indy and his friends do.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
I´m not a fan of the series, but I`m happy for her. The franchise sold a shit ton of copies and a lot of people love it. It`s not easy to create something like that and achieve this kind of success.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
Yea,I've played lots of incredible games this gen......but playing Uncharted 4/Lost Legacy back to back was probably the most sheer enjoyment I've had....those games just put a smile on my face all the way through.

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The first one especially is someone I play every couple of years. Really feels like a "gamey game" before ND got too concerned about the narrative side of video games and their games got more and more filled with cutscenes and forced walking sections.

I do enjoy all of their games but the original Uncharted is something special imo yet always gets bad mouthed lol.

Dr. Doom

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Uncharted 2 still remains the highlight of the series and is probably my favourite ND game.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
One more reason why im sad that she didnt get the chance to make a star wars adventure game. Fallen Order is fine i guess, but was not really feeling the characters and the story at all.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I miss Amy Hennig. Hope we'll see something from her in next years, something like Legacy of Kain reboot or even a new project in ND.

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
She did great work with nd. Sad she left and her career has kind of stalled since then.