• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RustyNails

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Did we ran the thread title from that AI thread title generator?

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We'll be on the precipice of doom again within 24 hours. President pissbaby won't compromise.

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Be interesting to see what this looks like, using government funding as leverage for negotiating bills is awful but Trump isn't first to do it so I guess it's just a new part of American life. Glad I work for a state government and not federal.

Trump can't do anything if the Congress is in agreement. What that means is key, though.

He can veto but Mr. Turtle has said over and over he won't allow a vote on anything w/out Trump's approval so I'd imagine the White House is signing off on this.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah but is Trump in agreement?

"no president has ever kept the government open as long as Trump! If Obama kept the government open for a month they'd be giving him the Nobel Pulitzer. But this is historic. And they're still witch hunting me, if you can believe that. Nobody's ever seen anything like it! Jack the Ripper wasn't as presidentially harassed as me. Open!"

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
They had said money for the wall, but like 2.5 Bil or something. Dems wanted less beds at ICe or whatever.

We shall see

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So will there be a wall?

Don't be obtuse. Of course there will be a wall!

MBrB2pw.gif

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Be interesting to see what this looks like, using government funding as leverage for negotiating bills is awful but Trump isn't first to do it so I guess it's just a new part of American life. Glad I work for a state government and not federal.

He can veto but Mr. Turtle has said over and over he won't allow a vote on anything w/out Trump's approval so I'd imagine the White House is signing off on this.
Congress can override vetoes.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Just tell him they built a wall and totally fulfilled one of his promises (without actually doing it or spending a dime on it).

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
For dark, is the suede that mows like a harvest.

On the real: Yeah we'll see. We have heard this kind of thing before, only to have Trump throw a tantrum because Coulter tells him he's a weenie.

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Congress can override vetoes.

Yeah and making Republicans openly rebuke Trump by overriding his veto is an entirely different animal. Would need almost 20 Republican Senators to override his veto and that's a pretty tall fucking order given how lock step they've been w/ him to this point.

TrojanAg

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully no money goes towards the wall. I'm also curious if this agreement will last the year or if it will be a temporary agreement like the last one.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
Trump will sign it he's alsready pissed off his radio friends so they can't exactly double dare hi again. He's also been given a fake Rasmussen poll boost to placate his ego.

Deleted member 29676

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
An actual physical barrier or just border security in general? Wasn't that the original number offered?

"Shelby said the agreement includes funding for physical barriers along the U.S.-Mexico border, but declined to say how much the agreement is for or whether it's more than the $1.6 billion included in the Senate's initial Homeland Security bill."

Is how the hill is covering it right now.

neon_dream

Dec 18, 2017
is it cool to try and look extra ignorant or something

How quick everyone is to forget years and years of spineless governance. Democrats helped compromise the country to where it is. It'll take more than a month of hardball to get to where they need to be, especially with as many center leaning politicians as they have.

Oct 25, 2017
Number I'm seeing is 1.3 billion for an physical barrier.
Lmao, couldn't they have gotten 25 billion last year? 5 billion was already a joke for a "wall", 1.3 billion is a fucking insult, hahaha.

But whatever, Trump will lick up this chump change for his barrier and claim it as a "win", and the Trumpanzees will seize in racist joy.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
I don't there are any specifics, the last word was a year long bill for agencies except DHS wich will be a short term cr to continue negotiations. So the only possibly effected employees would be those in DHS every time the clock runs out. There is no barrier money in this I don't know who's claiming so.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Pelosi, please. Please don't give Trump wall money three days after talking shit on the New Green Deal and on the same day you demanded an apology from Omar.