• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lmao, couldn't they have gotten 25 billion last year? 5 billion was already a joke for a "wall", 1.3 billion is a fucking insult, hahaha.

But whatever, Trump will lick up this chump change for his barrier and claim it as a "win", and the Trumpanzees will seize in racist joy.
More insultingly, Trump agreed to 1.6 for a physical barrier last year after a prolonged showdown in which he asked for much more lmao dude is the worst negotiator on the planet

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Dems should offer 10 billion in return for actual universal healthcare coverage, DACA protection, a lifting on the Muslim ban, less privatized prisons, more oversight in prisons and in the police force, a higher education budget, stricter gun control policies, and some form of LGBTQ+ protection.

Small price to pay. You can tell shitwad he's getting DOUBLE what he asked for (the best deal folks), and in return Democrats can actually help Americans.

Guts Of Thor

Oct 25, 2017
Pelosi, please. Please don't give Trump wall money three days after talking shit on the New Green Deal and on the same day you demanded an apology from Omar.

I'm not shocked. The Dems are showing their worthlessness again and again. I cannot fucking wait until the new breed takes over this party.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
"55 miles"

So it's useless then. Lmao, I'd prefer no structures at all but this is manageable. 55 miles!

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not shocked. The Dems are showing their worthlessness again and again. I cannot fucking wait until the new breed takes over this party.

In like 30 years? If you honestly think Democrats are worthless then you should probably support a third party. The vast, vast majority of Democrats in government are old, the young members are a minority and it will take generations before the more radical parts of the party are able to take hold. Most of the new members who helped take back the House are moderate Democrats who won in Trump leaning districts, they aren't swinging super left anytime soon.

I understand this board is a bit of a bubble but the average American is much much much more conservative than the average Reset Era poster.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
This is a complete surrender if Trump signs this.

Looks like he already has a backup plan though:

Note: this proposed executive order (to allow the WH to shift around budgets without Congressional approval) is even more likely to get laughed out of court than his SoE. It's a gross overreach of the office that makes appropriations pointless.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017

Note: this proposed executive order (to allow the WH to shift around budgets without Congressional approval) is even more likely to get laughed out of court than his SoE. It's a gross overreach of the office that makes appropriations pointless.

I mean isn't the budget THE thing for the house? You can't even do budget fuckery like that in a company wthout backlash

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why should he get a fucking penny for a wall? A reduced number of beds what does that mean? Less overcrowding for the people being held prisoner for wanting something better?

This is all disgusting.

Not a penny. Abolish ICE.

Pagusas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Frisco, Tx
I'm really confused. I thought this was a committee with both republicans and democrats on it. While I'm thrilled if we can get out of this mess without any major stupid wall, I do not understand at all why any republicans would agree to any of this. It sounds like a complete and utter defeat

I guess what I'm saying is what's the catch?

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017

so they're back to stealing disaster relief funding from Puerto Rico and California (but not Texas this time, because Republicans)

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really confused. I thought this was a committee with both republicans and democrats on it. While I'm thrilled if we can get out of this mess without any major stupid wall, I do not understand at all why any republicans would agree to any of this. It sounds like a complete and utter defeat

I guess what I'm saying is what's the catch?

i'm guessing trump/repubs are desperate for anything they can sell as a win to their base, since anybody with a lick of sense already knows who is to blame for this last month and a half of whackjob shennanigans (to make light of a serious issue)

Oct 25, 2017

tenor.gif

"Backup Plan"

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Why are Democrats wasting their time "negotiating" with Republicans in congress? They don't have any power anymore. They're just trump's rubber stamps.

Trump will call the deal bullshit, and every single republican will cave.

This doesn't even even get a Senate vote without trump's blessing.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Well let's see. 55 miles of fence. Let's say for argument's sake that there are 1,500 miles where a fence could actually be built. So to cover the whole thing, you'd need about 28 years worth of the funding in this bill.

Lol.

CatSoul

Nov 7, 2018
The $20 million on GoFundMe will get another 10 miles.

65-mile border wall. Truly making America great again.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Why are Democrats wasting their time "negotiating" with Republicans in congress? They don't have any power anymore. They're just trump's rubber stamps.

Trump will call the deal bullshit, and every single republican will cave.

This doesn't even even get a Senate vote without trump's blessing.

Mitch loses the "Democrats won't come to the table and be reasonable" card if he throws away a bipartisan compromise.

Trump signaled at his rally that he doesn't really care what's in the bill (he seriously said he hasn't read it), that it's probably good, and that he'll find a way to finish the wall no matter what. So it looks like he's just going to rely on his rabid base being uninformed and believing everything he says, which has worked pretty well for him.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Mitch loses the "Democrats won't come to the table and be reasonable" card if he throws away a bipartisan compromise.

Trump signaled at his rally that he doesn't really care what's in the bill (he seriously said he hasn't read it), that it's probably good, and that he'll find a way to finish the wall no matter what. So it looks like he's just going to rely on his rabid base being uninformed and believing everything he says, which has worked pretty well for him.
But again, without his masters blessing, this never gets a Senate vote. And trump will pro.ise a veto as soon as some talking head on fox criticizes him.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
it's an agreement......................................................

........in principle.

Kasumin

Nov 19, 2017
How quick everyone is to forget years and years of spineless governance. Democrats helped compromise the country to where it is. It'll take more than a month of hardball to get to where they need to be, especially with as many center leaning politicians as they have.

Yikes. Ignored. If you're going to come into this conversation forsaking nuance and details, then I'm not sure why you expect anyone to take you seriously.

I'll reserve my judgement for when I read up more about this, but this looks to me like an actual compromise. With the Senate still majority Republican and Mr. Turtle abdicating his Constitutional responsibilities (and allowed to by the rest of the Senate Republicans), Democrats DO have to work with them to some degree. You want that to change? Vote in 2020, and get other people to vote then, too.