• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
Don't be obtuse. Of course there will be a wall!

MBrB2pw.gif
What say there, fuzzy britches? Will the wall work? Oh

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
1.375 rounds to 14 and 55 miles is 88(.5) km, whoever proposed these numbers are either hella naive or are closet Nazis.

I wish I could feel like it's just a coincidence but the last few years suggests it's not.

TekDragon

Feb 8, 2019
It's worth pointing out that if Trump had signed Paul Ryan's budget back in December, he would have gotten substantially more wall money.

What an amazing negotiator.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So will there be a wall?
I doubt it. I think Trump's trying the executive order and state of emergency angle.

Trump can't do anything if the Congress is in agreement. Congress can override him. What that means is key, though? Does Congress include Mitch McConnell here? Is he in agreement?

Mitch has been Trump's bitch throughout this process. If Trump decides no at the last minute like last time, there will be no deal.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not shocked. The Dems are showing their worthlessness again and again. I cannot fucking wait until the new breed takes over this party.

And then you were wrong. Reps got fuck all in this "deal" and you slink away into the darkness until the next opportunity arises for you to throw stones at the party.

Bye now

CwPjYQ4.gif

Deleted member 26156

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
1.375 rounds to 14 and 55 miles is 88(.5) km, whoever proposed these numbers are either hella naive or are closet Nazis.

I wish I could feel like it's just a coincidence but the last few years suggests it's not.
Considering you have to one number, and convert and cut off the decimal of another, I'm gonna have to go with the former.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A few years ago I'd have agreed but I want to know how these numbers were arrived at because it is exactly the kind of wink and nod plausible deniable nazi "ok sign" kind of shit that has Stephen Miller all over it.
Yeeeeaaaahhhh you're totally taking crazy pills on this. This is some half life 3 numerology going on here.

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
Considering you have to one number, and convert and cut off the decimal of another, I'm gonna have to go with the former.

Well, a source told a journalist "88 km" of fencing because that's how I first saw it on Twitter.

The whole point of dog whistles like this is to make everyone think they aren't there except the people who hear them. It's meant to make one feel nuts for thinking it's intentional. So I want to know how those exact numbers were arrived at.

Yeeeeaaaahhhh you're totally taking crazy pills on this. This is some half life 3 numerology going on here.

Nah, it's exactly the kind of childish bullshit Miller and others in the admin would pull for for a symbolic victory to the craziest part of the base. It's supposed to seem like a stretch when someone points it out.

Anyhow, all I'm saying is the numbers are fishy and given that the 14 words have been directly referenced in this admin's previous public communications, it's not impossible this is intentional.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, it's exactly the kind of childish bullshit Miller and others in the admin would pull for for a symbolic victory to the craziest part of the base. It's supposed to seem like a stretch when someone points it out.

Anyhow, all I'm saying is the numbers are fishy and given that the 14 words have been directly referenced in this admin's previous public communications, it's not impossible this is intentional.

1.3 is 1.3 it isn't 13. Rounding 1.3 to 1.4 doesn't mean rounding 1.4. This administration is full of racist shitbags, but this is galaxy brain shit to make this connection.

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well, a source told a journalist "88 km" of fencing because that's how I first saw it on Twitter.

The whole point of dog whistles like this is to make everyone think they aren't there except the people who hear them. It's meant to make one feel nuts for thinking it's intentional. So I want to know how those exact numbers were arrived at.

And there's no way to prove you're wrong, so I guess you will always win?
Give me a break with this nonsense.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
so I was reading how it's interesting that this news was released during the Trump rally.

Is there any indication that Trump/White House is behind this deal? Didn't McConnell say he wouldn't even put to vote a plan that Trump doesn't back?

If this is behind Trump's back, could be a sign of GOP breaking ranks with dear leader.

stew

Dec 2, 2017
Trump said he doesn't like the deal because those barriers are ugly, he wants a beautiful wall.

schwifty

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Trump is a liar. Dude is lying to his base about "finishing the wall."
Dems should keep their word and not give a penny towards the wall.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt Trump will sign that. Not when whats-her-face calls him out again on Twitter.

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
And there's no way to prove you're wrong, so I guess you will always win?
Give me a break with this nonsense.

Try and read what I said, because the entire time I've been saying "hey, those numbers are a dogwhistle and I'd like to know how they were arrived at"

That is about as different than "there's no way to prove me wrong" as one can get.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
If senate and Congress agree, and trump still vetoes, what happens next?
Depends on how many votes they have in both chambers (the House of Representatives & the Senate). If they have a 2/3rds majority in both chambers the bill passes, if they don't the bill's dead and the government shuts down again. And if that happens negotiations will have to continue and Trump might declare a national emergency in order to attempt to get his wall money.

LosDaddie

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Longwood, FL
Good news, but I doubt it'll be signed without any drama.

Hoping for the best though.

Bruh.....time to take a break from the internet

Deleted member 31923

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
Good news, but I doubt it'll be signed without any drama.

Hoping for the best though.

Bruh.....time to take a break from the internet

Look, after the DHS used the fourteen words as a model for a press release almost exactly a year ago, ("We Must Secure The Border And Build The Wall To Make America Safe Again") anyone who can see 14 and 88 show up in this policy debate without being curious about why those numbers is being naive, even if it ends up as a coincidence, especially given the initial source saying 88 kilometers instead of saying 55 miles as any American normally would.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
If they shut down airports will immediately shut down as TSA and air traffic controllers will just stop showing up. This is what ended the last shutdown. They won't wait weeks this time it will happen immediately.