An all-new core series Pokémon RPG title is coming to Switch in Late 2019

Neoxon

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

This is likely gonna be a more traditional Gen 8, if I had to guess.

Source: Pokémon (Twitter)

UPDATE: Eurogamer just tweeted this from the press conference.
Eurogamer said:
2019 core RPG (untitled) is set to be "in the style of X and Y and Sun and Moon". This should appease competitive players, with Let's Go! aimed at a broad audience, "a core RPG for everyone".
UPDATE 2: Yes, Gen 8 is for Switch.
The Pokémon Conpany International said:
Finally, Mr. Masuda returned to the stage to give us a tease at the next major project in development. While Pokémon Quest and Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee! represent new and different play styles, he let fans know that a new Pokémon core RPG, developed by GAME FREAK, is planned for launch on Nintendo Switch in late 2019!

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2018

With #PokemonQuest and #PokemonLetsGo, there are so many new ways to explore the world of Pokémon! Trainers can look forward to even more with an all-new core series Pokémon RPG title in development for the second half of 2019!

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Did Game Freak split up the Let's Go announcement from the Gen 8 announcement to keep the genwunners and the rest of the fanbase at war?

no

Nov 3, 2017
Everybody wins. People who want a Pokemon game now gets it in November and can enjoy revisiting Kanto. The people who want a brand new game get it in 2019. I think this is the best timeline

Jan 27, 2018
Too much info to process! Has Nintendo clarified that this project will be Switch? It's safe to assume it will be, but still.

Oct 25, 2017
Damn y’all cry so much. There’s nothing here to indicate let’s go isn’t a core series and that this 2019 title won’t be in a similar vein. Cue all the comments saying “YES A REAL GAME NEXT YEARKFVJNSOAKDN”

pld

Oct 27, 2017
Wait wait wait. So lets go isn't a Kanto remake it's just some sort of spin-off? No gym battles or elite 4?
Amazing how people manage to read the worst possible outcome eventhough there is nothing that would indicate it.

Oct 27, 2017
Ash will be stuck in Alola for one more year. Plus TCG should have enough expansions to cover until next gen arrives.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm willing to be this one is going to be more traditional, by that I mean it likely won't have Go inspired features.