• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
thank god they announced this because the LGP/LGE trailer was like the blandest thing and I was getting scared lol

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
Makes total sense and my guess is this will be the new big Pokemon game, despite Let's go being already big enough on its own

GF most likely had no time to release Gen 8 this year but needed to release a Switch game asap

A remake doesn't take as much time to develop, so Let's GO is a great idea to have people playing Pokemon on Switch and create a huge userbase before releasing Gen 8

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Everybody wins. People who want a Pokemon game now gets it in November and can enjoy revisiting Kanto. The people who want a brand new game get it in 2019. I think this is the best timeline
Yup. I really wanted them to spend more time on Gen 8, and they did it! Plus we get a decent-looking spinoff in the interim. Game Freak working way too hard rn, lol.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I'm looking forward to what engine changes they'll do once they utilize the full power of a console.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is really smart honestly. Imagine how different things would have been if Nintendo followed up Federation Force with "Also, we are making Prime 4" in 2015.

greenwell

Jan 12, 2018
Very excited! Lets Go isn't what I expected it to be.
Also this keeps in the timeline of them releasing the next gens: XY in 2013, SM in 2016, and then the new pair in 2019.

Cinemikel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo and Game Freak handled this thing perfectly. They learned from last year's announcements that all people want to know is that what they want is coming, even if they can't see it yet and you have other spin offs to fill the void

Pokemaniac

Oct 25, 2017
This is basically the only thing stopping Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee from being an unmitigated disaster. Well that and the fact that those games look super low budget.

It's good that they basically seem to be viewing Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee as spinoffs.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Thank god. I would've been perfectly fine if the Let's Go games had all the Pokemon, but splitting them between "casual" and core is ok too.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
so from what I can gather, pokemon let's go series is to ween people from playing Go on their phones to being real pokemon players, and then the 2019 title is the real core game they are hoping to adapt everyone on to. I just really hope it's a fucking massive production with botw quality graphics and open world. shit could be incredible if they don't half ass it

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cool, the game I'm actually interested in. Won't complain about the Lets Go titles now, I'm really glad they announced this at the same time.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Nintendo and Game Freak handled this thing perfectly. They learned from last year's announcements that all people want to know is that what they want is coming, even if they can't see it yet and you have other spin offs to fill the void
Let's Go is mainline, but they also let us know that (what we assume is) a more traditional Gen 8 is on the way.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Great move by Nintendo, and Gamefreak. More casual title this year, and taking more time for the RPG launching in 2019.

Acido

Oct 31, 2017
A core Pokemon game for Switch was always going to take time. It was pretty obvious when they announced it at E3 that it wasn't coming until 2019 at the earliest. Let's Go is a nice appetizer to have in the meantime.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
This is going to be a loooooooong wait.
I hope it'll be worth it and the real jump we should expect from their first mainline HD game.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No it's not. Announcing the 2019 game might kill any momentum the games announced today will have. Very bad business wise.
No it will not. The people who normally don't give a shit are super excited, the super fans will buy everything, and the super fans that would otherwise be pissed can know they're not abandoned. It's literally the smartest thing they could have done.

Kyzer

Oct 25, 2017
This is actually pretty amazing

Good job Game Freak!

Guys what if by splitting into two the core games can now also have a more hardcore appeal

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
As long as Gamefreak doesn't ignore their legacy I'll get properly hyped for this.