• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shauni

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
they announced two mainline games at the same time what the fuck is happening

Probably figures there'd be some backlash to let's Go so they wanted to get away of it for fans who don't care as much about Gen 1 nostalgia. Makes me feel a lot better since I don't care for what the Let's Go games look like.

Pokemaniac

Oct 25, 2017
Let's Go is mainline, but they also let us know that (what we assume is) a more traditional Gen 8 is on the way.
After this announcement I'm not sure I'd classify it that way. This Tweet sort of reads like an admission that they're spin-offs.

I suppose I'll reserve final judgment until I see more of Let's Go, but for now I'm leaning more towards spin-off.

I will admit that this may partially be me trying to re-frame Let's Go into something that makes me less mad at it, though.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Lets go! Is not the game mentioned at E3 last year? Holy fuck, if they got that out in a year without much planning, I can only imagine what Gen 8 will be like.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they change the art style into something more cell shaded rather than the ugly ones on the new Evee/Pikachu games. Nintendo is basically gonna print money this year and next year

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Haha, they absolutely knew the hardcore fans were going to assume this was the next mainline game and be pissed.

Hentz

The Fallen
Mar 9, 2018
This is a big relief, while I did enjoy Lets Go it felt very simplified and casual, like a spin-off.

Happy to see we are getting true core RPG games.

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I struggle to consider a Yellow remake with a restricted dex a "real" Pokemon game when the alternative was... literally anything else.

Like they say it's Yellow, but who's to say that it isn't a FRLG remake in disguise? With Sevil islands and bonus shit at the end?

MicH

Oct 25, 2017
This is what I always expected, the Let's Go games are just a bonus this year. Very nice.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for the next set of fake starters to appear.

Also if I'm getting this right Lets go wasn't the title they were talking about last year but this one?

DoubleG

Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Thank God.
I mean i'm ok with the Let's Go titles. It is a great introduction/bridge for those Go players into Pokemon RPG.
But as a long time player of the RPGs I was disappointed by the whole Yellow Remake thing. It has "Gen 1" written all over it.
I wanted something new. Even if it was Kanto 100 years later.
I'm still going to buy Let's Go Pikachu.
It should be a good filler until the real Switch RPGs arrive.
I'm happy.

Cinemikel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just realized something

They are transferring the Pokemon Go players from Go to Let's Go which is a half casual, half core Pokemon game, then transferring those players from Half and Half to the true core game they've been building up to since E3 2017

It's a hybridization game aimed at converting Go players into actual core series players for when the BIG game comes out!

Genius

CaptainK

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
I got a bit sleepy after dinner but now I'm totally awake and pumped to play some Pokemon. Who needs coffee when you got HYPE

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I just realized something

They are transferring the Pokemon Go players from Go to Let's Go which is a half casual, half core Pokemon game, then transferring those players from Half and Half to the true core game they've been building up to since E3 2017

It's a hybridization game aimed at converting Go players into actual core series players for when the BIG game comes out!

Genius

Smash, Pokemon, and Fire Emblem this Fall? GG.

Nintendo just keeps killing it. Amazing stuff...

Sonicfan1373

Nov 24, 2017
This is strange but I have had these mixed feelings about the Let's Go Pokemon games. As in I would be perfectly happy and would personally enjoy them as side games but I would hate them if these were the direction entire mainline was heading in.

Thankfully, I can now fully enjoy these games while waiting for the more core 2019 games.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
So is Let's Go a remake of red/fire red? So far it seems pretty traditional, other than the fact you throw the ball (I hope I can disable the motion throw) and that you can see Pokémon out in the wild, right?

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh good, I was having big concerns about the direction of Pokemon if Let's Go was supposed to be "the" big game on Switch. Bummer it's late 2019 but I'm just glad it exists.

Nov 8, 2017
I feel like people are reading a lot into this announcement, namely that this is "just a spinoff" but I do not believe they have stated that at all. In fact I could have sworn they said this one was also a core pokemon RPG, not just the 2019 one.

It seems that it could easily be the case that the "go" capture mechanics are also included into the 2019 Pokemon, and that they're simply saying the 2019 one is a new region and not a remake.

Am I missing something more explicit?

Nov 1, 2017
I hope there's less of a Gen 1 focus this time. Especially since the Genwu- wonderful individuals that happen to prefer the first generation of Pokemon and dislike the rest should have their fill of Kanto for like, five more minutes.