• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

This is likely gonna be a more traditional Gen 8, if I had to guess.

Source: Pokémon (Twitter)

UPDATE: Eurogamer just tweeted this from the press conference.
Eurogamer said:
2019 core RPG (untitled) is set to be "in the style of X and Y and Sun and Moon". This should appease competitive players, with Let's Go! aimed at a broad audience, "a core RPG for everyone".

UPDATE 2: Yes, Gen 8 is for Switch.
The Pokémon Conpany International said:
Finally, Mr. Masuda returned to the stage to give us a tease at the next major project in development. While Pokémon Quest and Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee! represent new and different play styles, he let fans know that a new Pokémon core RPG, developed by GAME FREAK, is planned for launch on Nintendo Switch in late 2019!

Last edited:

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thank god. The focus on Genwun in the Let's Go trailer was disappointing.

Jan 10, 2018

With #PokemonQuest and #PokemonLetsGo, there are so many new ways to explore the world of Pokémon! Trainers can look forward to even more with an all-new core series Pokémon RPG title in development for the second half of 2019!

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
You know what this means! More Pokemon speculation threads on Era!!!!

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Did Game Freak split up the Let's Go announcement from the Gen 8 announcement to keep the genwunners and the rest of the fanbase at war?

no

Nov 3, 2017
Everybody wins. People who want a Pokemon game now gets it in November and can enjoy revisiting Kanto. The people who want a brand new game get it in 2019. I think this is the best timeline

Mania

Jan 27, 2018
Too much info to process! Has Nintendo clarified that this project will be Switch? It's safe to assume it will be, but still.

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited for Let's Go and this. Gonna be interesting to see what they come up with next.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't care about Let's Go, so i'll wait for this one. Second half of 2019 tho' :'(

Horror

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
So REAL Pokemon and Metroid Prime 4 potentially in 2019? Sounds like the Odyssey/BotW one-two punch again.

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
Damn y'all cry so much. There's nothing here to indicate let's go isn't a core series and that this 2019 title won't be in a similar vein. Cue all the comments saying "YES A REAL GAME NEXT YEARKFVJNSOAKDN"

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Ash will be stuck in Alola for one more year. Plus TCG should have enough expansions to cover until next gen arrives.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
I suspect the 2019 game will simply be in the same engine as the 2018 Switch game? Just a different location with new Pokemon.

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm willing to be this one is going to be more traditional, by that I mean it likely won't have Go inspired features.