• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Sep 5, 2021
Originally the film would have Arnold as Dutch:

Schwarzenegger's Dutch cameo would have been the final scene of the movie, with a helicopter appearing after the heroes have defeated the Upgrade Predator. McKenna (Boyd Holbrook), Bracket (Olivia Munn), and Rory (Jacob Tremblay) the chopper, with none other than Dutch Schaeffer stepping out. He tells them to hop onboard, with Rory asking if he should climb on as well. Dutch smiles and replies, "Especially you." So, it was a tiny cameo that teased the Dutch's expanded role in a Predator sequel, in addition to implying Rory would figure into the military's plan to fight an impending Predator invasion of Earth.

But following Schwarzenegger's cameo rejection, they try another ending: with Newt or Ripley!

At the conclusion of the 2018 film "The Predator" written by Shane Black and Fred Dekker (and directed by Black), fans were introduced to a new piece of Predator technology referred to as the "Predator Killer". Similar to something one might see in an Iron Man film, this wearable armored suit could seemingly give humanity a fighting chance if there ever was a Predator invasion on Earth.

Fan reaction was ultimately mixed towards the suit, so while it came as no surprise that two other alternate endings were filmed for The Predator, the fan community was taken aback by the revelation that these other endings featured the return of beloved established characters from the Alien franchise: Newt and Ripley – both played by stunt performer and actress Breanna Watkins!

Recently, we had the pleasure of speaking to Breanna about her involvement not just with these mysterious alternate endings, but about her dual profession in general.

While Watkins could not reveal everything about her stint as Rebecca "Newt" Jorden or her doubling of Ellen Ripley (or perhaps the clone Ripley-8), she was gracious enough to take some time out of her very busy schedule to answer what she could… and give Alien vs. Predator Galaxy a little more insight into these fascinating alternate conclusions!

Here the full interview on the link:

www.avpgalaxy.net

Breanna Watkins Interview - Alien vs. Predator Galaxy

At the conclusion of the 2018 film "The Predator" written by Shane Black and Fred Dekker (and directed by Black), fans were introduced to a new piece of Predator technology referred to as the "Predator Killer". Similar to something one might see in an Iron Man film, this wearable armored suit...

IMG_20210426_111849-701x700.jpg

IMG_20210426_112456-701x683.jpg

FRANKEINSTEIN

Oct 27, 2017
AZ
When I saw The Predator in theater, my gut reaction when we saw that coffin thing was it was going to be Adrian Brody's character from Predators because I assumed if it was Dutch, that shit would have leaked.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
So would Newt/Ripley have been sent back in time then? Seems kind of odd but The Predator was already a mess anyway so it fits.

I thought it was going to be Arnold as well when I saw it. I do think Brody would have made more sense from a story standpoint, like he somehow got off the Predator planet he would be able to tell them everything.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
This movie was such a hot pile of garbage.
Newt deserves justice after the shitty handwave she got in Alien 3 but I wouldn't have wanted to see her in this movie.

I turned off the movie halfway through. So who was in the pod thing?
No one.
But they got a cool mask.

And a lot of shitty ablest jokes and unbelievably gross mischaracterizations of both autism and Tourette's. Like slapping your face randomly but having super-powered intelligence. You were right to shut it off.

maigret

Jun 28, 2018
Why was this Predator trying to save us anyway? Maybe they should have spent more time explaining that and less time on fan service

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
I bet this would have been a "split" situation for a lot of people where the hype about the ending would have overshadowed everything proceeding it. Don't get my wrong, Split is in another league when compared to The Predator but you can't tell me the hype wouldn't have been off the charts if this happened.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I read about that and that was dumb as fuck. Really all of it was dumb as fuck, that whole movie was a mistake. That only would've worked if it was Dutch- much like Predators was going to have Dutch cameo at the end with a group of Predators coming to evac the heroes.

The only interesting idea that they teased never made it into the movie, which was the behind-the-scenes photo of predators driving an armored personnel character with the humans, seemingly signifying some kind of an alliance.

Pulling Ripley or Newt in would be the bottomest of the bottom barrel attempts to do a stinger, suddenly end offhandedly would introduce time travel to the universe, and is the most obvious random bullshit ever.

This movie sucked ass and I can't believe Shane Black would attach his name to it, or that he wrote that dumbfuck embarrassingly insulting script.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Hey remember Shane Black, on top of making the worst and most boring Predator movie with a bunch of ableism, also hired a pedophile on not just that film but also Iron Man 3 and The Nice Guys? Only until Olivia Munn brought it up with the Fox company did something happen to get him off the sets. And he was gonna play a character who hits on Munn's character.

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
That wouldn't have even made any sense as Ripley and Newt are what, 200 years or so into the future?

Oct 25, 2017
both of those sound horrible
good on arnold for turning that shit down
assholes were seriously going to time travel ripley into their shit movie
my condolences to the actress who got led on by this dead end bullshit
bury this in the same grave as robocop 3 and leave it there

Last edited:

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The only interesting idea that they teased never made it into the movie, which was the behind-the-scenes photo of predators driving an armored personnel character with the humans, seemingly signifying some kind of an alliance.

I'm still mad we didn't get this.

Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck is wrong with everyone creatively involved with this movie

what the fuck
written and directed by shane black, who decided that the plot should revolve around predators literally trying to give themselves autism, and knowingly hired a real convicted sex offender to play a pervert in the movie and decided not to tell anyone

if I were trying to make the worst predator movie I don't think I could have been as creatively offensive as this
I dont know what kinda list this dude belongs on but there should be one and he should be on it

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
Well, then I guess we can now pretend they're roving around the galaxy, killing Predators? LOL.
Yeah, after running out of Xenomorphs in the galaxy to kill, Ripley and Newt started hunting Predators, and later came across John Connor who had implanted his mind into the body of one and sent them back in time for reasons.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, after running out of Xenomorphs in the galaxy to kill, Ripley and Newt started hunting Predators, and later came across John Connor who had implanted his mind into the body of one and sent them back in time for reasons.

I think we have the beginning of a script here, but I feel like we need to work in Robocop somehow.

OP
OP
Magister Xehanort
Sep 5, 2021
I think we have the beginning of a script here, but I feel like we need to work in Robocop somehow.

AvPvtT.jpg

latest

avp.fandom.com

Aliens versus Predator versus The Terminator

AVPVT Issues 4 taglineFuture Hell! Aliens versus Predator versus The Terminator is a four-issue limited crossover comic book series that was first published by Dark Horse Comics from April-July 2000. It was written by Mark Schultz, pencilled by Mel Rubi, inked by Christopher Ivy, colored by...

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
AvPvtT.jpg

latest

avp.fandom.com

Aliens versus Predator versus The Terminator

AVPVT Issues 4 taglineFuture Hell! Aliens versus Predator versus The Terminator is a four-issue limited crossover comic book series that was first published by Dark Horse Comics from April-July 2000. It was written by Mark Schultz, pencilled by Mel Rubi, inked by Christopher Ivy, colored by...

Wow, lol. I wasn't even aware this existed.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
Too stupid for words to describe has accurately described the Alien/Predator franchise for 2 decades

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Im sure there is a timeline out there where an Alien vs Predator vs The Terminator movie gets greenlit with the sole purpose of retconning Alien 3, Resurrection, and anything Terminator post 2.

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
What in the fu..........

I was struggling to remember how the movie originally ended and being reminded didn't make things better. Fark what a movie, so so bad.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
That was always the issue with those two franchises, was being separated by several hundred years. So now there would have been time travel because why the fuck not?

Joshua

Oct 27, 2017
Is this the only movie that presented the Predator species as some type of invading force and large threat to Earth?

Every other movie seems focused on hunting and Predators finding worthy adversaries.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
Wow, lol. I wasn't even aware this existed.

I just read up on it. Growing up with all of Dark Horse's Aliens, Predator and Terminator comics I had no clue this existed but I'm not surprised.

It's a sequel to Alien Resurrection and basically says that The Terminator timeline happened but somehow humanity won and put us on the standard Alien course of history. I dunno. Comic book shits wacky, yo.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
I guess this is what happens when you bank on a cameo to end your movie instead of writing an actual ending.

Oh, we couldn't get Arnold?! Uh... let's throw in characters from that other popular alien franchise instead! Oh, that makes no fucking sense? Time for a CGI predator robot suit thing!

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
This is pretty old news.

To note Shane Black and team were not involved in this. The movie was supposed to end even with the reshoot script with the looking up at the sky scene. The studio made them add in the final bit with the Predator killer as well as filming the Ripley and Newt stuff. They even had no idea what any of it meant as the studio decided on it and there was no reasoning given for it, Shane and company just filmed the mandated stuff the studio wanted.

Yeah I read about that and that was dumb as fuck. Really all of it was dumb as fuck, that whole movie was a mistake. That only would've worked if it was Dutch- much like Predators was going to have Dutch cameo at the end with a group of Predators coming to evac the heroes.

It's sad we will never see the original cut, essentially the entire final 30mins of the film were cut and reshot to give us what we had. Only a couple scenes of the final fight at the end were from the original ending, but other than that apparently a huge chunk of the budget was just burned away as the entire giant climax of the film they did was left on the cutting room floor. They built a section of highway and filmed a massive action chase scene full of military vehicles in a convoy battle against Predator mutated creatures and a raid on Area 52. Completely cut out Edward James Olmos out of the movie.

The studio didn't like the ending cause it was all giant battles in daylight, they wanted the movie to be ending at night and that the Predator was hunting everyone instead of a battle.

Last edited:

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck was Newt going to do? Would it have just ignored that she died at the beginning of part 3?