• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
https://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1131243.html

releasing in September for Japan. Pre-order has started. According to the article it will makes you feel like you are watching a 120 inch gigantic screens. Resolution of 1,280×800.

switchmonitor01.jpg

switchmonitor02.jpg
switchmonitor03.jpg
switchmonitor04.jpg

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
22,780 yen, so $228 for a non-VR headset for switch. Looks like it works with some phones also?

GMM

Oct 27, 2017
You could litterally get this setup today by buying one of those garbage movie viewing HMD's that have been around for years and one of those small Switch TV adapters, there is nothing unique about this product from what i can tell and it might litterally just be unused tech from a couple of years ago.

iswasdoes

Nov 13, 2017
Londinium
Honestly I've been looking for a way to play games/watch things while laying flat on my back while looking at the ceiling.

Me too, and also to use devices in my garden (Sounds lame but were having good weather in the UK right now and I would LOVE to both sunbathe and play fortnite, but not possible with switch screen

You could litterally get this setup today by buying one of those garbage movie viewing HMD's that have been around for years and one of those small Switch TV adapters, there is nothing unique about this product from what i can tell and it might litterally just be unused tech from a couple of years ago.

Anyone have a link for a not garbage one?

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
How is the resolution higher than the portable screen itself?

Cohesivestraw

Oct 29, 2017
Me too, and also to use devices in my garden (Sounds lame but were having good weather in the UK right now and I would LOVE to both sunbathe and play fortnite, but not possible with switch screen

Anyone have a link for a not garbage one?

I would love to see the tanlines from that headset .Lol

I want wireless sunglasses that project the switch right into my eyes.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
From the publicity photo it seems it also includes a blowjob or something

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who owns one of those Kacosata USB C converters, it frequently disconnects from my Samsung S8 and very nearly bricked my Nintendo Switch (a shit ton of visual artefacts and audio issues).

If that is part of this package, it should be avoided like the plague.

GMM

Oct 27, 2017
You do know about the Dock right? It runs games at higher resolutions of up to 1080p max right?

But the thing is that the effective resolution of the headset is 1280x800 while the Switch screen is 1280x720, there is no resolution advantage outside of the feed being downsampled because the Switch thinks it's running in docked mode.

I'm even more curious if it's 1280x800 for each eye or 640x800 for each eye.