• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
ZattMurdock

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
It's a gaming enthusiast forum, comes with the territory.

That being said I still don't feel like a slogan is the way to go. Is the forum a product/brand that we're actively trying to grow? I always thought of it as an online social space (pub) for people to discuss common interests. Slogans and the like seem like a sleazy business thing.

I'd like to see the community to grow and thrive, yes. There's nothing wrong on being both, imho. Knowing how costly forums actually are, I don't see where it's the harm on thinking of ResetEra as a brand. Our brand.

Coricus

Oct 25, 2017
I voted no slogan because both of the other options are terrible.

Not against a slogan, or even randomized slogans but the two in the poll are horrible.
Yeeeepppp.

I'm at least curious about the idea of the Minecraft route and at the same time I'm not entirely sure on whether we should have a slogan, but that poll was sealed by both of the options being pretty bad. And not really any different from each other either.

Xenon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How about a running total post count in a McDonald's type counter

365,895 thoughts served.

Coricus

Oct 25, 2017
If not a randomized slogan, I like the idea someone had of a Doodle-of-the-Day, like what Google does. Always geared toward gaming, of course. People could sign up much like for OT threads, and the logo doodle is only revealed the day of.
Oh. Oh, I like this one, actually. The ResetERA logo is spiffy but it feels like it lacks character. This sounds like it would give it more soul than a slogan would.

OP
OP
ZattMurdock

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
I like the idea of doodles from time to time for special occasions and a small set of randomized slogans that keep growing organically and eternized on t-shirts, mugs and stuff like that.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So kinda like how Discord has random gaming-related quips during boot-up?

yeah, I'm down with that.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
ResetEra

a1e.png

linko9

Oct 27, 2017
Lots of sites do this (often with short quotes or whatnot), but that makes it not a slogan. It's just a rotating list of pithy sayings. That's fine, but it's no longer a slogan. For the record I don't think either option makes the site any better.

Lebon30

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
On my post on that thread, I've said: "What if instead of "New Game +" or "Continue?" we literally use ALL of them? Can we have the slogan randomized so everytime we refresh it shows up differently and that way, the community can contribuite to several different slogans that change from time to time, based on events, holidays and stuff like that".

I love this idea a lot actually!
+100 on my part.

Wetwork

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
So kinda like Bungie.net?
  • We reject your reality and substitute our own!
  • Keep It Clean.
  • Lumpy pudding is against the rules.
  • Don't make us kick your ass.
  • Bungie.net: Satisfying your mom since 1991.
  • Step 6 Complete.
  • You can haz Recon.
  • Tank beats everything!
  • Frog Blast the Ventcore!
  • Pretend its a Popsicle!
I like it. But they need to have the charm Bungie's had.

CanUKlehead

Oct 30, 2017
Doodles would be fun. Like a doodle to celebrate Iwata, Sega Saturnday, Mortal Monday, wen WoW or Minecraft launched, the launch of the Dual Shock, whatever.

I voted no slogan only partly cause the options were 'meh', but I don't care to have slogan either. Glad I wasn't alone based on the results so far, regardless of reason. It would be something that the old place did, and I'd rather be as different from it as possible.

Still, it's a slogan on a video game forum, not exactly going to throw a tantrum about it or cause a civil war lol

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
RPGmaker.net has randomized slogans and it's one my favorite aspects of that site. It's updated every few months as well from suggestions.

I think "it's not the place, it's the people" is great. While some may agree that it ties us too much to the past, I say it's more a reminder of community. Hell, Odin even said it himself.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
This idea is what tribalwar.com does. There is a randomized slogan under the logo every time you refresh. Its pretty cool.

OP
OP
ZattMurdock

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
RPGmaker.net has randomized slogans and it's one my favorite aspects of that site. It's updated every few months as well from suggestions.

I think "it's not the place, it's the people" is great. While some may agree that it ties us too much to the past, I say it's more a reminder of community. Hell, Odin even said it himself.

We are truly blessed by the Asgardians gods. This forum couldn't be more of a prophecy coming to life even if it tried. Watching Ragnarok was a meta experience at its best.

Not

Oct 25, 2017
US
This slogan isn't happening organically enough. I don't think we just "need" one. We're not advertising our "brand" to consumers.