• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
ZattMurdock

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
I got an idea. How bout no.

giphy.gif

This reminds me that this would also be a great randomized logo, only partially joking, haha.

OP
OP
ZattMurdock

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
Isn't this just ripping off The Bore

I don't even know what "The Bore" is, so if that's the case there, I wouldn't even know lol. My idea came about more like Kinda Funny does it but with a spin of how We Love Fine works. Meaning, we could create our own merch and set of voted slogans that would be randomized from time to time. Basically keeping it fresh and not letting one word or one idea define us, but a collective. Basically, a collective brand. I'm not an advertising or brand guy by any means, I come from a law background, but I just thought it'd be a cool idea. Basically, constantly redefining and reinventing ourselves, keeping us in check and stuff. If that's a new "thing" or was done before I wouldn't know, and I'm not sure why we couldn't do it better than anyone else because I mean, we would, haha.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
I'll probably design one myself and just use it though haha.

Zatt pls.

Anyway while I voted "no slogan" on the other poll and wouldn't wear any site merch, at least that's something being done with the slogan. Don't know if much effort needs to go into creating a site motto to have it serve no purpose, like the neogaf one.

OP
OP
ZattMurdock

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
Zatt pls.

Anyway while I voted "no slogan" on the other poll and wouldn't wear any site merch, at least that's something being done with the slogan. Don't know if much effort needs to go into creating a site motto to have it serve no purpose, like the neogaf one.

Oh well, if you don't like the idea that's cool. Hopefully the staff will dig it and something might come out of it, I think I've seen more people commenting here that they dug the idea than the contrary. Not setting out to please everyone, more like trying to start a discussion about it.

Ninja

Oct 28, 2017
I am still on the NO SLOGAN train but this is a better idea than just choosing one person's slogan.

kristoffer

Banned
Oct 23, 2017
If that's a new "thing" or was done before I wouldn't know, and I'm not sure why we couldn't do it better than anyone else because I mean, we would, haha.
It was a bad joke. I've seen rotating banners on forums since I started seriously posting on any ca. 2006 (and I'm certain it's much older) so it's not an original idea but it's a time tested one and pretty good. Keeps it fresh and adds an element of surprise to every visit.

OP
OP
ZattMurdock

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
It was a bad joke. I've seen rotating banners on forums since I started seriously posting on any ca. 2006 (and I'm certain it's much older) so it's not an original idea but it's a time tested one and pretty good. Keeps it fresh and adds an element of surprise to every visit.

Yeah I remember stuff like "Music mends broken hearts" from AbsolutePunk long back then, I think that slogan had some variations from time to time too. And I saw "The Bored" now and my idea is less of a news: random slogan like there and way more polished and slickier, like just some sets of slogans that I feel that are true to what ResetEra is and that's it.

Right now what I'd like to see as slogans:

1. New Game+
2. Continue?
3. It's not a place, it's a people
4. Believe women. Believe the victims.
And by popular demand, 5. (no slogan)

We could have some seasonal slogans added whenever the staff thought it'd be cool based on real news events, new games, films, music or whatever, like this:

1. Press X to punch a Nazi in the face
2. New Doug
3. My face is tired
4. Black ResetEraDay for Black Friday and Black Friday thread watch.

Just brainstorming here, haha.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Start and Select

Simple, uses buttons from controllers, and implies you just need to 'start' looking at the forum and 'select' where you want to participate.

PRBLMS

Oct 27, 2017
Well now I'm really undecided. Can mods put up a new poll? "Which is more unnecessary, a slogan or this thread?"

eKongDiddy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Beach City
Well now I'm really undecided. Can mods put up a new poll? "Which is more unnecessary, a slogan or this thread?"

I just hope that hive mindset doesn't come back. I don't like talk about "we're a people" "this community" "We think" etc. etc. This place isn't a collective with all the same mindset.

Like, I like coming on here and conversate with y'all but I'm not gonna rep this forum's name and talk about it offline.