• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
I linked this documentary in the latest Bryan Singer thread and it seems lots of people didn't know it existed, so for better visibility I figure it's own thread would be useful.

A documentary about an alleged paedophile ring in Hollywood has been viewed more than 3 million times after creators released it for free.

An Open Secret, which promises to shine a light on child abuse in the film industry, was posted online two years after it was apparently rejected by film and TV distributors.

Billed as "the film Hollywood doesn't want you to see", the documentary focuses on the alleged abuse of young boys and teenagers who want to work in the film industry.

Director Amy Berg, who won an Oscar for her film Deliver Us From Evil about sex abuse in the Catholic church, obtained information with her team about an alleged group of child abusers in Hollywood, including managers, agents, publicists and directors.

It tells of lavish parties where men allegedly gave boys drugs and alcohol before "trading" them for sex. Others were accused of spending years earning the trust of victims' families, grooming them, then sexually assaulting them.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...ild-abuse-paedophile-ring-vimeo-a8035081.html

Oct 31, 2017
Paris, France
Once again, thank you so much for sharing !

Not only it is a subject you must all know about, but it is a very well made documentary as well. It's clearly worth 1h45 of your time folks.

It might be centered about Hollywood and child actors but to me it's all about Sexual Predators. An Open Secret put a light on their pattern, approach, connexions.

We really need to learn how to talk more about pedophilia because it is a huge problem. I don't know about you, but when you do the math, involving yourself or your entourage, the numbers about being abused/molested/confronted to a predator is insane. It's definitely a problem we will all encounter once in our life and it is not okay. Being brave enough to step up and speak about is a big step. Fuck people taking advantages over the others.

OP
OP
Vashetti

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
For some reason it's blocked where I am but will use VPN to see when I get home.

Is that just for the embedded version in this thread, or on the Vimeo site itself?

Because if it's the former, it won't stream here for everybody because of how the uploader set the privacy settings. You need to go to the site itself to stream it.

Oct 27, 2017
Gonna bump this because I think everyone should indeed watch it. They've made it free to watch for a while to help raise awareness and show support for victims of harassment that have begun to speak up this year.

Also hoping someone adds this to the "Documentaries you think everyone should watch" thread if it isn't there already. I'll check what's in there when I'm not on mobile.
An Open Secret. A documentary that really kicks open Hollywood's pedophiles.

A must watch if you're interested in the recent events in Hollywood.

Some heartbreaking but not surprising stuff there and a few people that seemingly managed to escape justice that I hope new get new spotlights pointed at them as awareness increases.

Last edited:

Deleted member 26837

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Is that just for the embedded version in this thread, or on the Vimeo site itself?

Because if it's the former, it won't stream here for everybody because of how the uploader set the privacy settings. You need to go to the site itself to stream it.

Oh, you are correct, it plays just fine if I visit the link. The embedded version doesn't work. There is even a huge text saying "Watch on Vimeo". I am so stupid

OP
OP
Vashetti

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
I watched this last year. It's just sad. I didn't buy the parents naïveté to the level it's portrayed, though.

Yes, I found that the only suspect part. By no means am I making accusations, but to me it came across as though they 'turned a blind eye' a bit to the more suspect stuff to further their child's career and their own pockets.