• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
I'm amazed by the idiocy of 8bitdo here. The usb socket is actually positioned so you can easily insert the included cable... if there was a hole there.

It could be worse, at least they made it clear that there was a new firmware available, I only found out that my NES and SFC DIY boards had an update through reddit, because the only way you could find out was by dismantling your controller and plugging the board in while running their firmware tool, there was absolutely no indication anywhere on their website that it was available.

Sir Hound

Oct 28, 2017
So what games have people been playing that still hold up today? I'm making a list of games I never got to play as a kid:

Shadowrun
Ristar
Beyond Oasis
Revenge of Shinobi
Shinobi 3
Comix Zone
Shining in the Darkness
Landstalker
Earthworm Jim
Aladdin
Castle of Illusion
Phantasy star 4
Dynamite Heady

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
So what games have people been playing that still hold up today? I'm making a list of games I never got to play as a kid:

Shadowrun
Ristar
Beyond Oasis
Revenge of Shinobi
Shinobi 3
Comix Zone
Shining in the Darkness
Landstalker
Earthworm Jim
Aladdin
Castle of Illusion
Phantasy star 4
Dynamite Heady
I've been playing Mega Bomberman, NBA Jam: Tournament Edition and Shining in the Darkness.

By the way, if you're interested in Landstalker, then you should consider giving Light Crusader a shot. It's a pretty overlooked game, and it's made by Treasure.

Sir Hound

Oct 28, 2017
I've been playing Mega Bomberman, NBA Jam: Tournament Edition and Shining in the Darkness.

By the way, if you're interested in Landstalker, then you should consider giving Light Crusader a shot. It's a pretty overlooked game, and it's made by Treasure.

Nice shout man I'll put it on my list - looks interesting!

Lancelot

Nov 4, 2017
Campinas, SP
v4.5 notes:

- Player 2 controller can run the menu if it is a 3 or 6 button controller, and player 1 controller is not a 3 or 6 button controller.
- Different size font files are supported. If the file is 1K or larger, the first 32 characters are cut off.
- DVI Mode was added.
- Fixed scaler bug where the top scanline or two might not be visible.
- Scanlines have been totally redone. There are now more options to tweak and width is now adjustable.

(gen/md)
- fixed CD games that regressed in previous fw
- Some graphic issues on Mickey Mania CD and others fixed.
- Fixed bugs with Japanese Sega CDs.
- Silpheed and Vay bugs fixed.
- Popful Mail "CPU ERROR" fixed.
- CD bus timing improvements.
- Pier Solar cartridge + audio CD works and tested on US model 1, US model 2, and Japanese CD units.
- Added an option to automatically enable CD audio when CD unit plugged in.
- Fixed FM sound bug on Streets of Rage percussion on certain tracks.
- Fixed PSG sound bug (Phantasy Star IV).
- CRAM dots option added.
- X-Men 2 random character select on start is now random.

(sms)
- SMS Cropping setting added to crop the left side when a game used left cut.
- Fixed PSG sound bug (Alex Kidd in Miracle World).
- CRAM dots option added.
- VDP palette option added to select SMS or original TMS9918a palette for video modes 0-3.
- All 240 scanlines are now visible. Before, only 239 were visible.

Last edited:

RedOnePunch

Oct 26, 2017
Generally haven't really liked any of the 8bitdo controllers but the one they made for the Mega SG is really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.