• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
If they are trying to roll some of the product logistics into the shipping, they just needed to put that in the original product price. Everything needs to go there, because if you stuff it into shipping it just looks shady.

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
That doesn't change the cost. There's not a valid defense in this ridiculous charges and shipping logistics they are using. When it ships from Nevada to me, it goes through five different depots, the fifth being out for delivery. That amount of changes doesn't increase the price. The price is determined by weight, distance, and then anything else added on; i.e. insurance, signature required, etc. I've already asked these questions at a corp UPS location.
Which state (if you're in the U.S.) are you in? I'm in California, and my shipping costs were $23.89. And could you stop ignoring the possibility that shipping from China to the respective distribution center isn't being factored into your shipping costs?

Last edited:

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
Which state (if you're in the U.S.) are you in? I'm in California, and my shipping costs were in the neighborhood of $25. And could you stop ignoring the possibility that shipping from China to the respective distribution center isn't being factored into your shipping costs?
I'm in South Carolina. There's nothing to ignore, because that's just not true. Unless Analogue is lying and that cost is being passed to us in their storefront. Again, the cost from China to Las Vegas isn't included in the UPS calculated shipping charge.

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
That's just it, they're not "marking up their shipping", their shipping includes all possible logistics before, and during shipping as provided by a logistics company, if you think they just have to give a box to DHL guy and pay him, think again.
I'm not even complaining about the mark up. I'm more annoyed about the fact that they went with the slowest shipping method possible. Paying 43 bucks and then waiting more then a week to get everything sucks.

Pachinko

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Thanks for the help there Kubev, it doesn't sound too complicated. At least not anymore so than using an emulator. I'm also wondering if the shipping stuff going on has anything to do with what unit type was ordered, seems a lot of folks are getting black ones delivered early. I ordered the snes colored version on february 7th. In the 9000's , has to ship to Canada. I'm curious if it'll just randomly show up next week now without any real notification. Notoriously UPS tends to just leave stuff at my door like a flaming dog turd in a brown bag (they even left a wacom cintiq just sitting in front of my house once) so hopefully things go better on that end.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That doesn't change the cost. There's not a valid defense in this ridiculous charges and shipping logistics they are using. When it ships from Nevada to me, it goes through five different depots, the fifth being out for delivery. That amount of changes doesn't increase the price. The price is determined by weight, distance, and then anything else added on; i.e. insurance, signature required, etc. I've already asked these questions at a corp UPS location.

Since they are using a third party to package and ship, do we have any clue what that company is charging, though? Any time I have gone into a UPS store and asked about them packaging something for me, it has been fucking bananas. Like, almost double the actual shipping costs.

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
I'm in South Carolina. There's nothing to ignore, because that's just not true. Unless Analogue is lying and that cost is being passed to us in their storefront. Again, the cost from China to Las Vegas isn't included in the UPS calculated shipping charge.
Did Analogue specifically indicate that your shipping costs were solely for shipping from the distribution center to you? I'd like to see this statement from Analogue, whether it's posted here or on Twitter or on their site, stating that shipping costs only involve the costs to ship from the distribution center to the customer. With all of the shipping talk in this thread, I'm having trouble finding reference to any such statement. I find it very hard to believe that Analogue wouldn't factor both shipments' costs into what the customers pay, given the fact that these are being sold on a pre-order basis by a very small company that couldn't possibly lock down guaranteed lower shipping rates for every possible destination. That said, with all of this shipping talk, I wonder if it's possible for Analogue to work out something through Amazon to just have Amazon fulfill orders and handling the shipping costs. I'm not saying that they couldn't be lower, but I don't think Analogue is doing anything malicious, although that would obviously change if I see an indication that Analogue told someone that the only cost the customer is responsible for in terms of shipping is from the distribution center to the final destination.

Thanks for the help there Kubev, it doesn't sound too complicated. At least not anymore so than using an emulator. I'm also wondering if the shipping stuff going on has anything to do with what unit type was ordered, seems a lot of folks are getting black ones delivered early. I ordered the snes colored version on february 7th. In the 9000's , has to ship to Canada. I'm curious if it'll just randomly show up next week now without any real notification. Notoriously UPS tends to just leave stuff at my door like a flaming dog turd in a brown bag (they even left a wacom cintiq just sitting in front of my house once) so hopefully things go better on that end.
I think the shipping speed has more to do with your proximity from the distribution center and who'll make the final delivery. For example, just because something's shipping through UPS doesn't mean that UPS will actually make the delivery to the final destination. It's actually pretty normal for them to hand it off to USPS to final delivery, especially on days when UPS wouldn't typically deliver that type of shipment.

Do we have any clue what the shipping company is charging, though? Any time I have gone into a UPS store and asked about them packaging something for me, it has been fucking bananas. Like, almost double the actual shipping costs.
Yeah, I paid a lot to ship a Fire TV Stick to my younger brother in North Dakota, since I had an extra one lying around. It was almost the price of a Fire TV Stick itself.

Last edited:

cacophony

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, you won't be getting it until late next week at best.

Yes, they are gouging us. They told me that the shipping is calculated from UPS at the time of checkout. It's shady. UPS told me, with package in hand, that the shipping charge for my package was at least $26 over the cost to ship it from where it came from to me, or from me back to where it came from. Being a small company is not an excuse for their poor shipping policies.

Not really. That UPS quote didn't include the cost of packaging materials, the cost of boxing your item up, and the cost of actually getting it shipped out. Analogue has chosen to bundle all of those costs as a single shipping charge to the customer. If they had incurred the costs themselves then the product cost would be proportionally higher, so you'd pay the same amount either way.

Your comparison quote is especially unreasonable when you consider the ridiculous prices UPS charges for packaging materials and boxing an item up for shipping. I shipped a small nightstand via UPS where they handled everything, and IIRC they charged about $100 for just the packaging/handling part.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
Analogue tells me that the shipping prices are estimated directly from UPSʼs system. Then they'll say that they have higher prices because of the packing and handling. So which is it? I'm really done arguing about it honestly. I'll give the information that Analogue and UPS gave me directly, and that can be interpreted however anyone else wants. I get annoyed when you tell someone it ships on a certain date, then it hasn't shipped, while others that order weeks later actually received theirs already. Then the cost is trying to be justified. I'm done doing business with them after this Super NT gets here. Mine won't even be shipped until Monday the 5th at the earliest now. Which means I'm paying $40+ for 11 days at best for something to get here.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Analogue tells me that the shipping prices are estimated directly from UPSʼs system. Then they'll say that they have higher prices because of the packing and handling. So which is it?

Why can't it be both? They aren't throwing out random numbers, I'm sure. They know what the third party charges for handling, and then they get the info from UPS for what the shipping will cost. I mean, obviously the third party isn't doing it for free. Like I said, I don't have a fucking clue what they are charging, but the couple of times I have asked a UPS store to package something for me, I walked the fuck out when they told me the cost.

I mean, you aren't wrong. The shipping cost is high, and the fact that there have been so many issues with people not getting their tracking info, and things just not shipping out when expected is nonsense. But, that is kind of the catch to me. It isn't the cost, it is the service I am getting for that cost.

I really doubt Analogue is making bank off the shipping. But, this shipping company seems to fucking suck, and that obviously reflects on Analogue. But, who knows what other solutions there are. Maybe there just aren't other realistic options due to cost. And if Analogue is as small as people say (I have no clue) then I understand why they can't handle sending out hundreds/thousands of these themseleves.

In the end it doesn't really matter. It is a high shipping price for not great service, you are fucking right. I just don't think it is because they are trying to make a bunch of extra cash by overcharging for shipping.

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
Analogue tells me that the shipping prices are estimated directly from UPSʼs system. Then they'll say that they have higher prices because of the packing and handling. So which is it? I'm really done arguing about it honestly. I'll give the information that Analogue and UPS gave me directly, and that can be interpreted however anyone else wants. I get annoyed when you tell someone it ships on a certain date, then it hasn't shipped, while others that order weeks later actually received theirs already. Then the cost is trying to be justified. I'm done doing business with them after this Super NT gets here. Mine won't even be shipped until Monday the 5th at the earliest now. Which means I'm paying $40+ for 11 days at best for something to get here.
If Analogue was no more specific about everything that went into the overall shipping cost estimate on a per customer basis than what you state, then there's no need to jump to the conclusion that they're trying to con people with inflated shipping costs. Again, you're probably being charged in some form for two separate shipments, one of which is likely subsidized in some form with other people's orders and will in no way reflect on the final shipment to you, because it's doubtful that the units were individually addressed and labeled for shipping prior to reaching the distribution center. It's certainly okay for you to be displeased with paying so much for such slow shipping without knowing it, but you don't have enough of an idea as to how shipping costs between a supplier, a distribution center and a customer actually work to hurl accusations the way you are. Again, the shipping costs could probably be lower, but probably not without Analogue changing its shipping partner. I've worked in a distribution center before, and I can ensure you that the cost for the box that you received from the distribution center in no way reflects the total shipping cost from the place of manufacture to the distribution center, and you're dealing with international rates in that respect. Pallets cost a lot to ship, even domestically. I can only imagine how much it probably costs to get a pallet of these things to the U.S. (or many other countries) from China.

cacophony

Oct 27, 2017

When they say shipping prices are estimated directly from UPS's system it simply means that the UPS prices are automatically factored in for that one piece of the cost to ship. You're misinterpreting their statement.

I think all your complaining and threats to not support Analogue are pretty funny considering you purchased two Super Nts (at different times), right? You already own one and you have another order from the second run? You were making all these same threats during the first run IIRC.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
If you're ok with how you think it is being done, that's fine on your end. I'm not happy with it at all, and I've made my mind up to not buy from them again. I'm not hurling accusations. I'm going by the information UPS and Analogue gave me directly via email and in person.

When they say shipping prices are estimated directly from UPS's system it simply means that the UPS prices are automatically factored in for that one piece of the cost to ship. You're misinterpreting their statement.

I think all your complaining and threats to not support Analogue are pretty funny considering you purchased two Super Nts (at different times), right?
One of them is not for me. Otherwise, the second one would be for me to sell and make a profit off of.
Wait, why is that? Is there something about being an East Coaster that Analogue would prioritize us less about?
Because it's UPS ground shipping, and it's slow as can be. It took 7 days to get to me both times so far.

cacophony

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, why is that? Is there something about being an East Coaster that Analogue would prioritize us less about?

Everything in the US is being shipped UPS Ground (as indicated when you ordered). UPS Ground takes 2-7 business days depending on distance. For the east coast it's ~5 business days given that the origin of the shipment is Nevada. They haven't shipped out all orders yet and might not finish until early next week. So even if they ship your order Monday it might not arrive till the following Monday.

Last edited:

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
Because Analogue chose slow UPS ground shipping. Basically for mine they passed it off to UPS on the second and it is not scheduled to deliver until the 9th. It wouldn't have been a problem if they handled domestic orders the same as international and starting shipping them on the 26th. Instead we get the cheapest UPS option available and packing not starting until exactly 3/1/18.

Edit: Man looking on LinkedIn the fact that Analogue's CEO is also the CMO at 8Bitdo it's weird that they couldn't just go through them as a shipping partner.

Last edited:

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
I'm not hurling accusations. I'm going by the information UPS and Analogue gave me directly via email and in person.
It's mind-blowing to me that you don't see the holes in your logic here. You asked UPS how much it would cost to send that particular package from a DISTRIBUTION CENTER IN THE U.S. to your address, completely neglecting to take into account the fact that UPS is an INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING COMPANY (meaning that it's completely possible that UPS handled both of the shipments I've been trying to educate you on), and you assume that's exactly what it costs to get that same unit sent from a FACTORY IN CHINA to the distribution center, then to your address. That box that your Super NT shipped in wasn't even a factor when your Super NT entered the U.S. on a pallet with a bunch of other Super NTs. You totally just inquired about the domestic side of the shipping, completely leaving out every aspect of it coming from China, and you're seriously not budging in your outlook on this?

Also, I want to add that I received my Super NT two days after it shipped. I paid less than $25 in shipping. It's almost like living near San Francisco and being ridiculously close to the distribution center in Nevada somehow resulted in me getting my package sooner and at a lower cost. Crazy, isn't it? I could fly to Las Vegas and back for less than $100 at nearly any point throughout the year. What would it cost someone in South Carolina? It's not insane to think that additional travel time maybe increases the cost substantially for any given service dependent on the end destination.

Last edited:

cacophony

Oct 27, 2017
Edit: Man looking on LinkedIn the fact that Analogue's CEO is also the CMO at 8Bitdo it's weird that they couldn't just go through them as a shipping partner.

8Bitdo sells directly to consumer? On their website they seem to just link to Amazon, which means Amazon takes care of everything (for a sizable cut).

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
It's mind-blowing to me that you don't see the holes in your logic here. You asked UPS how much it would cost to send that particular package from a DISTRIBUTION CENTER IN THE U.S. to your address, completely neglecting to take into account the fact that UPS is an INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING COMPANY (meaning that it's completely possible that UPS handled both of the shipments I've been trying to educate you on), and you assume that's exactly what it costs to get that same unit sent from a FACTORY IN CHINA to the distribution center, then to your address. That box that your Super NT shipped in wasn't even a factor when your Super NT entered the U.S. on a pallet with a bunch of other Super NTs. You totally just inquired about the domestic side of the shipping, completely leaving out every aspect of it coming from China, and you're seriously not budging in your outlook on this?
To be fair the costs of importing the completed unit should be included in the cost of goods and would be part of the $189.99. So the only costs consumers should be paying in the shipping fees are the shipping to your home. Unless Analogue has some weird agreement with their importing partner they had to prepay the cost of importing the goods. Saying that is included in the shipping costs charged to us in a little crazy.

Also UPS did not handle the import and shipping of this it was most likely a shipping company based in Las Vegas. For example this kind of company https://www.cratersandfreighterslasvegas.com/.

8Bitdo sells directly to consumer? On their website they seem to just link to Amazon, which means Amazon takes care of everything (for a sizable cut).

8Bitdo would have an agreement with Amazon so shipping through them would already be fairly simple and would allow both companies to have more volume leading to better pricing you would think. However that would probably involving giving a cut of the revenue to Amazon for listing and support.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
You're proposing that the shipping I was charged when ordering is including the cost of Analogue to have the items shipped to them from China and then shipped to me from Nevada. I'm going to just leave it at that I'm disappointed in the shipping charges and piss poor shipping service. If you think that all you suggested happened, go for it.

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
To be fair the costs of importing the completed unit should be included in the cost of goods and would be part of the $189.99. So the only costs consumers should be paying in the shipping fees are the shipping to your home. Unless Analogue has some weird agreement with their importing partner they had to prepay the cost of importing the goods. Saying that is included in the shipping costs charged to us in a little crazy.

Also UPS did not handle the import and shipping of this it was most likely a shipping company based in Las Vegas. For example this kind of company https://www.cratersandfreighterslasvegas.com/.
That's all completely possible. I'm not saying that I have things 100% correct in all facets, but it's not unreasonable to think that something of the sort is taking place. You do raise an interesting point about importing costs. If it's shipping from Nevada to me, then there's no need for any sort of importing costs to be figured into the final shipment to me. It's quite feasible that our shipping fees are taking importing costs into account.

You're proposing that the shipping I was charged when ordering is including the cost of Analogue to have the items shipped to them from China and then shipped to me from Nevada. I'm going to just leave it at that I'm disappointed in the shipping charges and piss poor shipping service. If you think that all you suggested happened, go for it.
I'm only trying to get you to understand the fact that you're looking at this with a very narrow perspective. But hey, it's nice to know that you somehow think that you have a full understanding of the situation and that anything else that's been discussed with regard to international shipping is just complete BS. Have fun being angry for the wrong reasons. No skin off my back.

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Don't worry. Canadian addresses are shipped via DHL. I freaking hate when things are sent to me in Canada by UPS. =|

As to be expected when dealing with shipping out a lot of units. They most likely unloaded the pallet with black units first which is why those got theirs shipped and I guess clear end up being the next pallet as someone got a clear one. So hopefully they will clear the SNES & SFC unit palettes soon. This is why we are seeing late black units being shipped before first day preorders for other colored units.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone else got surround sound working for the few games that support it? My receiver is only detecting stereo tracks from games that are meant to have surround.
No receiver can "detect" this type of surround audio. It's simply stereo audio with some phasing trickery in it that makes a decoder put certain parts of the audio in the back, and matrixing to put center audio in the center speaker. Matrixing is basically the same thing karaoke machines do to try taking out the lead vocal in a song. Anything that the left and right channels have in common goes to the center, anything that differs between the left and right channels stays there. You just have to change your receiver's setting from Stereo to Pro Logic II.

There are two decoding setting for PL2: Movie and Music. Movie does the matrixing thing I just spoke of, Music does not.

So basically, you can decode any stereo audio into Pro Logic II and get some kind of surround audio. It's just better if the audio is specifically encoded for PL2 (or any other kind of legacy Dolby Surround format). None of it is really discrete multichannel audio.

Last edited:

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
I don't even have a shipping confirmation let alone worrying about what I paid for if lol
A lot of people (myself included) actually received shipping confirmations after delivery, so I wouldn't worry too much. You can always just email Analogue support if you'd like an update on your order, and they should be able to provide you with tracking info as long as it's already shipped.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of people (myself included) actually received shipping confirmations after delivery, so I wouldn't worry too much. You can always just email Analogue support if you'd like an update on your order, and they should be able to provide you with tracking info as long as it's already shipped.
But...their twitter...

Analogue said:
We understand everyone is excited to get their new Super Nt's, but please note that sending us repeated emails via customer support asking when your order will ship will not make your order move any faster.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean... their website says "Ships March 1st", not "starts shipping March 1st" so people are gonna be annoyed. I know they're a small company but they don't really seem to learn from past experiences huh? (especially when, justified or not, the shipping costs are *very* steep)

cacophony

Oct 27, 2017
I mean... their website says "Ships March 1st", not "starts shipping March 1st" so people are gonna be annoyed. I know they're a small company but they don't really seem to learn from past experiences huh? (especially when, justified or not, the shipping costs are *very* steep)

Agreed. They should have made it more clear especially after the first run orders all went out on or before the promised day.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
Wait a second, they are shipping via UPS ground? And it costed me $30? That's kinda horseshit.

ThorHammerstein

Revenger
Nov 19, 2017
Since I now have little faith of the SA-1 ever working on the Super Nt Jailbreak or the SD2SNES, I finally bit the bullet and bought what I hope is a working Super Mario RPG cart from eBay for about $60. Price will probably go up as more people own these Super Nts.
Have you ever replaced a cartridge battery? Cuz that's exactly the thing that I don't like having to do (done 8 already in SNES carts) and why I still hope for SA-1 and sFX chip support... someday... Or just stick to a SNESmini for those few games.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
It's mind-blowing to me that you don't see the holes in your logic here.

It's the same thing I think every time I read one of your posts about the shipping. Some people love a company and just go to bat at every opportunity.

I feel like I should order a new Macbook and get a $50 shipping charge because it's made in China. Personally, I paid $38 for UPS ground that took fucking forever. And despite how long it took, they still notified me it was shipping like 2 days after I received it. The experience was very negative.

henlo_birb

Dec 15, 2017
The shipping sucks. Its a bad value and there's no denying it. Regardless of your feelings on the company or the product, you just look silly if you're trying to defend the shipping fiasco.

1. It's understood that the shipping may be used to compensate for the original price tag. The opinion of nearly everyone in the thread is that if it costs $200.00 just make that the price and let shipping be what it is. This feeds in to 2:

2. Regardless of the product quality, the price of the shipping is largely making customers feel like they're being taken advantage of. This is a trend you can spot easily by reading through the pages of this thread. It's bad business when you have a product people want to buy and talk about and the hottest topic aside from unofficial firmware is how shit the shipping is.

3. It's not just the price, it's that for the price you're still having to wait nearly a week or more living in the continental US. The flat-rate USPS boxes are less than half the price and twice as fast. I get distant eBay packages faster than I got my Super Nt.

4. In addition to that, shipping notifications and tracking have been nonexistent and/or totally unreliable. For wave one they were manually tweeting people one at a time.

5. I have purchased a good number of boutique guitar pedals. Many of which are at or higher (in some cases significantly) than the cost of the Super Nt. Many weigh as much or more, and are being shipped by companies a small as Analogue, or in some cases even smaller. The packaging for these is also extremely nice. The cost of shipping is also lower across the board. There's no feasible excuse.

It's the worst part about the Super Nt. I still picked one up wave one, but it was a very negative experience seeing the cost of shipping. Even if the price is the same at the end either way, there is a distinct psychological effect the cost is having on people, and Analogue got it wrong. They may have thought hiding some of that cost in shipping was a good idea to sell more units, but their product is so niche that using mass market tactics like that don't really make sense. Instead it's caused nagative feelings toward their brand, and lost them a few future customers.

cacophony

Oct 27, 2017
5. I have purchased a good number of boutique guitar pedals. Many of which are at or higher (in some cases significantly) than the cost of the Super Nt. Many weigh as much or more, and are being shipped by companies a small as Analogue, or in some cases even smaller. The packaging for these is also extremely nice. The cost of shipping is also lower across the board. There's no feasible excuse.

Did any of those small boutique guitar pedal companies need to ship 10k units to destinations all over the world within a few days? And with only 4 full time employees?

It's much easier for a small company to ship cheaply if they're dealing in small consistent quantities. Or if they're dealing with say a sudden surge of 1-2k units they can do what RetroUSB did with the AVS and ship cheaply by doing it themselves with free supplies from USPS, and taking a couple weeks to ship out all the units. But when you're talking 10k units things get a bit more complicated...

Last edited:

TheJesusFish

Oct 30, 2017
The shipping sucks. Its a bad value and there's no denying it. Regardless of your feelings on the company or the product, you just look silly if you're trying to defend the shipping fiasco.

There is no denying that the shipping situation sucks. Why it costs so much to ship is a mystery, and that sucks. The fact that shipping notifications are unreliable sucks. But, I do think that they are doing the best they can. I think it's ok to be upset by it all, and have grace for it. They have created something really cool, and folks just want to get their hands on it.

Calling the shipping situation a "fiasco" is hyperbolic and makes you look silly.

DOTDASHDOT

Helios Abandoned. Atropos Conquered.
Oct 26, 2017
4.4 up fellas:

Cheat codes tool added. It's under "settings" "tools" "cheat codes". You can enter up to 6 codes. Entering the cheat menu will disable codes (so you can enter them, change them, etc. without crashing the game) and exiting it will enable codes if they are enabled via the check boxes.

- Soft reset vs. hard reset added. When a cart is started via the menu, a hard reset (clearing RAM) happens. Pressing reset after this causes a soft reset (RAM contents unchanged).

- Holding reset on powerup will force 480p mode. This should fix the issue people were having with non-detection of EDID leading to blank screens. Once booted, you can attempt to change modes to a higher one (i.e. 720p).

- Added ability to step through heights in 0.5x steps (ie. 4x, 4.5x, 5x) in the width+height menu by pressing start.

- RGB off by 1 is fixed.

- NTT Data compatibility mode added under

"hardware". Turning this on will nerf the NTT data pad so that it appears to the system like a stock controller. This lets it be used on the super gameboy, street racer, starfox 2, etc. There are many games that are incompatible with it in weird ways like monopoly. Using one will cause the chance/chest cards to instantly skip.

- Samurai Shodown/Spirits - Fixed. HDMA happening during a DMA causing issues at the start.

- Twistit - Fixed. HDMA during DMA causing issues.

- Monopoly - Fixed. Game gets stuck on chance/chest animation.

- Chou Aniki - Fixed. Shadow not updated before the interrupt happens and thus no more interrupts occur and the game wedged on a black screen.

Edit: clen beat me ;)

Last edited:

EMGESP

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The built in game genie is a nice addition. Overall compatibility should pretty much be on point. I mean it was already very compatible out the gate, but seems like the majority of the big incompatibility issues have now been fixed. Kevtris has done fantastic work.

DOTDASHDOT

Oct 26, 2017
The built in game genie is a nice addition. Overall compatibility should pretty much be on point. I mean it was already very compatible out the gate, but seems like the majority of the big incompatibility issues have now been fixed. Kevtris has done fantastic work.

I think there are still a few outstanding ones, like Rendering Ranger and Psycho Dream, ones that I want to play :/

DOTDASHDOT

Oct 26, 2017
Psychodream works. If you are using a Super Everdrive, it's Lo/HiMem is being wrongly detected by the device, just switch it manually and go back into the game. You're welcome :)

Haha, I was thinking that might be a flash cart only issue, but SD2SNES does not have that Hi/Lo option!

henlo_birb

Dec 15, 2017
Did any of those small boutique guitar pedal companies need to ship 10k units to destinations all over the world within a few days? And with only 4 full time employees?

It's much easier for a small company to ship cheaply if they're dealing in small consistent quantities. Or if they're dealing with say a sudden surge of 1-2k units they can do what RetroUSB did with the AVS and ship cheaply by doing it themselves with free supplies from USPS, and taking a couple weeks to ship out all the units. But when you're talking 10k units things get a bit more complicated...

For companies probably around twice the size, I've seen them handle multiples of thousands multiple times per year, and for 1-3 man companies I've seen them prepare for and handle 2-4K orders with a preorder process done via newsletter. Others handmade one at a time, and other slightly bigger companies handle a bigger volume. I can't say for sure whether any of them handled exactly 10,000 units but that wasn't the point. The point was to illustrate a somewhat close comparison when it comes to price, size, company size, demand, and cost to provide more of a frame of reference when it comes to shipping/pricing.

Steve McQueen

Nov 1, 2017
Netherlands
I'm ten years younger and it's not so much different for me. ;) Time has become the most important factor. I like newer games but I'm not in a hurry to get the newest releases as fast as I can. Instead focusing on one older game and playing it entirely is much more relaxing. :D

You're absolutely right. Now that I don't feel the pressure of buying games on day one, gaming definitely becomes more relaxing and enjoyable :D

henlo_birb

Dec 15, 2017
Calling the shipping situation a "fiasco" is hyperbolic and makes you look silly.
Singling out a problem you have with a single word choice and saying it makes me look silly is pretty dismissive of the points I made as a whole. While not quite being the dictionary definition of a fiasco, I would still consider the shipping situation to be a failure on Analogues part, and I go into quite a bit of detail describing why so many people were frustrated with the whole situation in my original post.

TSM

Oct 27, 2017
I still maintain that these are one of a kind items that you can't get anywhere else. They get the most important parts of shipping right; namely meeting the number of preorders, the rugged packaging and people actually receiving their units. It's good that people are putting pressure on Analogue to improve on the other aspects of their shipping process, but I don't understand those that are willing to spite themselves by not buying Analogue's products. Analogue does not sit on inventory so that just means someone else buys the product that they were interested in.

Singling out a problem you have with a single word choice and saying it makes me look silly is pretty dismissive of the points I made as a whole. While not quite being the dictionary definition of a fiasco, I would still consider the shipping situation to be a failure on Analogues part, and I go into quite a bit of detail describing why so many people were frustrated with the whole situation in my original post.

Another way of putting this is that some people are cheap and or impatient rather than any huge failure on Analogue's part. A fiasco would be Analogue having to inform customers that they didn't get enough units to meet preoders or that a significant number of customers had their packages lost or damaged in transit. People agreed to the shipping price and the use of UPS ground when they placed their orders. The people with a legitimate beef are the international customers that paid for DHL and got UPS instead.

Last edited:

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio

1. It's understood that the shipping may be used to compensate for the original price tag. The opinion of nearly everyone in the thread is that if it costs $200.00 just make that the price and let shipping be what it is. This feeds in to 2:

2. Regardless of the product quality, the price of the shipping is largely making customers feel like they're being taken advantage of. This is a trend you can spot easily by reading through the pages of this thread. It's bad business when you have a product people want to buy and talk about and the hottest topic aside from unofficial firmware is how shit the shipping is.

3. It's not just the price, it's that for the price you're still having to wait nearly a week or more living in the continental US. The flat-rate USPS boxes are less than half the price and twice as fast. I get distant eBay packages faster than I got my Super Nt.

4. In addition to that, shipping notifications and tracking have been nonexistent and/or totally unreliable. For wave one they were manually tweeting people one at a time.

It's the worst part about the Super Nt. I still picked one up wave one, but it was a very negative experience seeing the cost of shipping. Even if the price is the same at the end either way, there is a distinct psychological effect the cost is having on people, and Analogue got it wrong. They may have thought hiding some of that cost in shipping was a good idea to sell more units, but their product is so niche that using mass market tactics like that don't really make sense. Instead it's caused nagative feelings toward their brand, and lost them a few future customers.

I ordered mine on Feb. 6th, my order number is in the 8400's and I still haven't gotten an email indicating my unit has shipped. I'm not upset though, I'm not going to bat for any company. I paid upwards of $40 dollars for shipping but I knew that going in so again it doesn't bother me.

However, everything in this post is correct. Despite being one of the "hottest" new pieces of retro console tech, there is a ton of negativity surrounding the shipping of these units and that is not at all what any company wants. I'm sure once everyone has it the dust will settle and everything will be hunky dory, but until then the shipping issue is what seems to be trending and not the console itself. At least on ERA it seems.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
I'm using this update as an opportunity to redo my system's setting (partially because we all have to). Any recommended settings for me? Im going with 1080p with no scanlines (for now).

TheJesusFish

Oct 30, 2017

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make it sound like I was being dismissive of you're whole post. You did make solid points, and I tried to acknowledge that the shipping situation sucks. I pointed out the word because it made the post feel more hyperbolic than it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.