Analogue's Mega Sg |OT| The Hardcore Uprising - Maybe You Should Play Checkers Instead?

Vinchenz

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
So the new update says that the scanlines feature has been redone; does that mean it's no longer done incorrectly in 1080p? (if so I hope the update makes its way to the Super NT...)

Goddo Hando

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
you guys having any trouble getting colecovision to run on this? i couldn't with the first jailbreak, and now updated, it says "can't load bios"

SmiteOfHand

Oct 25, 2017
you guys having any trouble getting colecovision to run on this? i couldn't with the first jailbreak, and now updated, it says "can't load bios"
You need to setup the path to your coleco bios file in the core settings in the menu. Bios files are copyrighted so cannot be distributed so we must provide it ourselves.

ShinJohnpv

Oct 25, 2017
TerraOnion just announced the MegaSD a cart that plugs into any Genesis and acts as a Sega CD. No comment on price yet they're still showing it off.

*Price is $280.

Last edited:

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Might as well just say buy a Mega Drive/Genesis instead of the Analogue Mega SG if I was going to do that.
A FPGA Sega CD isn't going to do anything appreciably better than a real Sega CD hooked up to a Mega Sg. You already have access to all of the Mega Sg's options and features, it already does everything. There's just no point. And now we have the Mega SD which runs disc images on a cart and is an FPGA recreation of the Sega CD hardware just no disc drive so you have to dump your discs.

Then there's emulation. These three options cover 99% of everybody looking to play Sega CD games on a high definition television. There's not really a need for a bespoke FPGA version of the Sega CD that plays discs.

I’d say the chance is zero now that there’s a ROM cart that doesn’t require a CD unit at all.
Exactly