• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

out_of_touch

Oct 25, 2017
We all know Blue Album and Pinkerton are great. Maladroit is pretty god damn good too, even though the consensus is that they declined after Pinkerton. What are your favorite albums post Pinkerton?

Elija2

Oct 26, 2017
Everything Will Be Alright In The End and White are the only post-Pinkerton albums that can be enjoyed without skipping more than half the tracks.

wallmeat

Oct 28, 2017
Everything Will Be Alright in the End has great moments hindered by some lifeless production. I think White has a lot of really good tunes on it (LA Girlz is damn near 90s tier), but it was also Weezer consciously doing Weezer with all its highs and lows. Rivers can still put together good to great songs when he gives a shit.

I really like the Maladroit era as a whole. It was a lot of fun to be a fan in those days where the band were constantly sharing demos of new songs all the time.

iamsgod

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I say Red Album is kinda underrated, but the best post Pinkerton might be White Album

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna be a lot of "everything after Pinkerton sucks" here, but in reality they have at least 4 other good-to-great albums after that.

Thunder11

Oct 27, 2017
I like EWBAITA and White Album.

Pinkerton and Blue Album are my favorite. I like Maladroit and Green Album a lot too.

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
Long held Maladroit as my favorite along side Blue. Really like most Weezer albums, just not really into Hurley or anything since Pacific Daydream. Even like Make Believe more than most Weezer fans seem to.

ohkay

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing will top the blue album or Pinkerton, but the only entire albums I enjoy are Maladroit and Make Believe, despite the hate it gets. Outside of that, there are songs that I like here and there, and I think EWBAITE and white album are overrated

Oct 31, 2017
There are two bands: Bad Weezer and Good Weezer. My favorite Good Weezer album is Pinkerton, obviously. My favorite Bad Weezer album is Red. (My favorite Weezer album is Red. It is just so, so weird.)

Good Weezer: Pinkerton > Blue > White > Maladroit > Everything Will Be Alright > Green > Pacific Daydream
Bad Weezer: Red >>>>>> Raditude > Make Believe > Hurley

I considered bumping EWBA above Maladroit because of that ending suite, though.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
I like the first four albums. After that, there are some good songs but no great albums to me.

Scottius

Oct 31, 2017
Glad to see some people on here repping for the red album. It's probably my favorite post blue album honestly.

Mr_Blue_Sky

Oct 25, 2017
Blue and Pinkerton are God Tier albums, but I feel like EWBA/White Album/Maladroit have come the closet to that level of quality for me personally and I often listen to them in their entirety as well. Raditude as an album I can forgive because "(If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To" is such a good song it makes up for others on the album, Hurley I even find myself enjoying honestly because of "Unspoken"/"Ruling Me"/"Run Away"/"Time Flies". But the worst of the worst personally is Pacific Daydream or The Green Album, the latter is so mind numbingly boring outside of "Island In The Sun", its just an album of low energy songs that get worse the more you listen to them.

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017
People say "everything but The Blue Album and Pinkerton sucks"

but they're wrong, b/c Pinkerton also sucks

burgervan

Oct 27, 2017
Except for Pacific Daydream, they all have at least a couple decent songs. EWBAITE and White are easily the best of the bunch but there's even trash songs on those.

SatoAilDarko

Oct 25, 2017
I gave up trying to still enjoy them when I listened to the Red Album release and loved the final track only to go online and release it was was reworking of an old demo from the 90's.

I realized that what I got from Weezer, lyrics about awkward lonely early 20's life, can't be done by current successful and old Rivers.

I keep hearing about Everything Will be All Right in the End and the White Album but when I heard the song Back to the Shack it just sounded like that cutesy/meta stuff of Weezer, the Beverley Hills and Pork and Beans videos, that just made me roll my eyes.

Still satisfied with the deluxe editions of the first two albums.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Except for Pacific Daydream, they all have at least a couple decent songs. EWBAITE and White are easily the best of the bunch but there's even trash songs on those.
I'll take Pacific daydream over the phone in that is Hurley. That album almost made me finally give up on weezer. Thank God I stuck around for ewbaite and white.

Tedmilk

Avenger
Nov 13, 2017
We all know Blue Album and Pinkerton are great. Maladroit is pretty god damn good too, even though the consensus is that they declined after Pinkerton. What are your favorite albums post Pinkerton?

I'm pretty much with you, OP. Green album was super disappointing even though it had a couple of OK tracks. Maladroit was way better - I'd say Death & Destruction is the best song they have, post Pinkerton.

I got the Red album for Christmas and absolutely hated it. I've not bought any of their later albums as all the singles I've heard I thought were shit.

Pinkerton is their best album, but Only in Dreams has one of the best build-ups in any piece of music I've ever heard.

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
The White Album is a late-era classic and should be recognized beside Blue and Pinkerton. Insert change my mind meme here.

Really I've grown to like at least some songs off every one of their albums and you can @ me about any of it (okay maybe not Hurley), but I am admittedly way too far down the Weezer hole. Hell I'd probably be posting on a Weezer forum right now if it wasn't completely collapsing under some weird mod drama

astro

Oct 25, 2017
1-2 brilliant
3-4 decent to good

The rest is mostly just ok or outright bad.

Gloam

Oct 29, 2017
Weezer, Pinkerton and Maladroit are the goodies. All the other records have songs here and there, but for me there's not a lot of consistency or cohesion. Stuff like 'Heart Songs' makes me feel embarrassed by proxy basically anything where Rivers is a) acting tough b) acting lonely. There's not much emotion to their music anymore, but I know that's by design.

Return of the Rentals is a good album. Ozma also put out some good Weezery records.

Oct 26, 2017
I tend to put White on a lot. California Kids is so catchy.

Weezer, Pinkerton and Maladroit are the goodies. All the other records have songs here and there, but for me there's not a lot of consistency or cohesion. Stuff like 'Heart Songs' makes me feel embarrassed by proxy basically anything where Rivers is a) acting tough b) acting lonely. There's not much emotion to their music anymore, but I know that's by design.

Return of the Rentals is a good album. Ozma also put out some good Weezery records.
I forget what album Heart Songs is on. All I know is I never listened to it again because of that song. It really is embarrassing.

OP
OP
out_of_touch

out_of_touch

Oct 25, 2017
The White Album is a late-era classic and should be recognized beside Blue and Pinkerton. Insert change my mind meme here.

Really I've grown to like at least some songs off every one of their albums and you can @ me about any of it (okay maybe not Hurley), but I am admittedly way too far down the Weezer hole. Hell I'd probably be posting on a Weezer forum right now if it wasn't completely collapsing under some weird mod drama
Could you drop knowledge about their best demos they released on the internet in the 2000's?

31GhostsIV

Oct 26, 2017
That the dull as shite Pinkerton - an album nobody cared about or bought at the time - is regarded as a classic now is as much evidence I need that at some point since 1996 I fell through the Berenstain rift.

DopeToast

Oct 27, 2017
1. Blue
2. Pinkerton
3. EWBAITE
4. White
5. Green
6. Maladroit
7. Red (w/o bonus tracks)
8. Make Believe
9. Hurley
10. Pacific Daydream
11. Raditude

Red with the first three bonus tracks added in and a couple songs taken out would have been a pretty good album.

Part of loving a Weezer is hating nearly half of their studio output while still knowing and singing along to every word.

dead souls

Oct 25, 2017
Day one
That the dull as shite Pinkerton - an album nobody cared about or bought at the time - is regarded as a classic now is as much evidence I need that at some point since 1996 I fell through the Berenstain rift.
Day one purchaser here and I've loved it since then, even though the lyrics in a few songs are way problematic.

Nov 1, 2017
White album is a great album. All bangers.

EWBAITE is remarkably solid.

Pacific Daydream is forgettable fluff but there's a few good tracks on there.

Red/Make Believe/Raditude/Hurley are all varying degrees of bad

Elija2

Oct 26, 2017
Could you drop knowledge about their best demos they released on the internet in the 2000's?
I'm not the person you asked but here's my list of best post-'90s Weezer demos (not counting anything on the Alone albums):

O Girl
Private Message
The Organ Player
Everybody Wants A Chance To Feel All Alone
I Can Love
The Story Of My Life
East Coast vs. West Coast

Nothere

Oct 26, 2017
I agree, for me there are two versions of Weezer... the good one (with Matt Sharp) and the bad one (Matt Sharpless). I can tolerate Green and Maladroit but they're not even close to the first two. The Rentals has more great albums than Weezer, even though Weezer's are more iconic.

DopeToast

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not the person you asked but here's my list of best post-'90s Weezer demos (not counting anything on the Alone albums):

O Girl
Private Message
The Organ Player
Everybody Wants A Chance To Feel All Alone
I Can Love
The Story Of My Life
East Coast vs. West Coast

It's a crime that there was never a proper studio recording of O Girl. I love that song.