• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jenea

Banned
Mar 14, 2018
Like I said, I thought that $1 wouldn't be competitive enough for you. Maybe one day you'll try Gears 5, maybe.
Like i said, why do I need even a dirty cheap subscription if i got plenty of games to play and not enough time. But in general, $1 price is a very competitive one, no surprise GP got so many subscribers.

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Like i said, why do I need even a dirty cheap subscription if i got plenty of games to play and not enough time. But in general, $1 price is a very competitive one, no surprise GP got so many subscribers.

You don't but you'll keep talking about dirt cheap subscriptions and competitive $1 deals in future Game Pass threads. Looking forward to read more.

sleepr

Banned for misusing pronouns feature
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Speaking of gamepass it keeps asking me to pay 12,99€ when I click on "join" despite the promo saying it's 2€. Any reason why?

StarErik

Oct 27, 2017
Seriously, the Game Pass service and the fact that new first party games arrive to the service day one is incredible. I have played so much that I wouldn't have otherwise.

Jenea

Banned
Mar 14, 2018
You don't but you'll keep talking about dirt cheap subscriptions and competitive $1 deals in future Game Pass threads. Looking forward to read more.
Do you have a problem with that, because it seems like you do. As long as Microsoft will have those cheap deals, i will do talk about them, hope reading that doesn't hurt your feelings.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
As someone who very recently got his first Xbox ever, I really like Game Pass. It's something that is sorely missing on Playstation. The value for money is really good, so much so that I might actually keep a MS console around in the next gen, even though I had no plans to do that previously.

Deleted member 20297

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
As someone who very recently got his first Xbox ever, I really like Game Pass. It's something that is sorely missing on Playstation. The value for money is really good, so much so that I might actually keep a MS console around in the next gen, even though I had no plans to do that previously.
Sony does have PSNow where you can download PS4 games as part of the subscription.

LapinAgile

Oct 29, 2017
The real question is how many stay on when the 2 dollar or 1 dollar promos end. For me the price was right to check gears out and see what sea of thieves looked like but it's cancelled in October.

Lewpy

Oct 28, 2017
The real question is how many stay on when the 2 dollar or 1 dollar promos end. For me the price was right to check gears out and see what sea of thieves looked like but it's cancelled in October.
For me it's quite convenient, there is a lot of stuff on there I've wanted to play but haven't got round to. As someone with limited time to put into gaming, the library for the price is a no-brainer.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017

I don't see a point in staying on monthly. You get your fill on what you want and then come back when there's more games that interest you.

In the meantime if there's something you wanted to spend more time with, like Forza Horizon 4, you could always just pick it up for cheap.

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE
For me it's quite convenient, there is a lot of stuff on there I've wanted to play but haven't got round to. As someone with limited time to put into gaming, the library for the price is a no-brainer.

As someone with limited time to put into gaming, the one free month I had of Gamepass a year ago was enough. I don't need to have a subscription to a hundred games I won't ever have time to play.

Deleted member 20297

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Have they changed it to downloads instead of streaming yet?

For PS4 games, yes. PS3 obviously not.

Not in my country it doesn't. Plus there's many big name first party games missing from that service, it's really not the same thing.

Wait, because of their lackluster streaming infrastructure, they also don't offer the PS4 games download from PSNow? That's not very smart from them.

The real question is how many do this only for 1 or 2 games and completely dismiss the fact that there are hundreds of games already to play for only a small fee per month compared to buying these games. We are talking mostly about casuals that will most likely compare gamepass to all the other subscription services thay pay or paid for in the past and are used to this model.
In the end, only time will tell how sustainable that is for MS and how convinced customers are about gamepass. Inferring anything from personal opinion or from a game centric forum will most likely not be the truth in the end.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018

I'm sure plenty will drop the sub after 1 or 2 months, while a lot of others will keep the sub around for some time. Especially with The Outer Worlds coming in October and who knows what they'll do in november/december. Last year december was great with the Winter of Arcade stuff. We got Ashen, Mutant Year Zero and Below in one month. On launch.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
Surprised Sea of Thieves and Forza Horizon 4 didn't do this already.

I remember SoT was huge at launch and FH4 got amazing reviews.

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
not saying any are. but if im going to pay a fee every month, they have to have at a minimum 1 game i want to play per month. THEY have to make the service worth it to ME, its not me changing my expectations so they can get my money every month. Why would i pay them $15 in a month where i dont want to play any games they have available?

Your math is really weird. They have to add 1 game per month to make it worth $15? Gears 5 costs $60. That alone is worth the same as 4 months worth of Game Pass Ultimate sub fees vs buying it. In Oct The Outer Worlds is launching on Game Pass which is another $60 game. Those 2 games alone cover the cost of 1 year of regular Xbox Game Pass.

They add new games every month and you can't use the excuse that you've played all the games because they will adding games that haven't released yet over the next year.

Blayde

Oct 27, 2017
Kentucky
Your math is really weird. They have to add 1 game per month to make it worth $15? Gears 5 costs $60. That alone is worth the same as 4 months worth of Game Pass Ultimate sub fees vs buying it. In Oct The Outer Worlds is launching on Game Pass which is another $60 game. Those 2 games alone cover the cost of 1 year of regular Xbox Game Pass.

They add new games every month and you can't use the excuse that you've played all the games because they will adding games that haven't released yet over the next year.

So I should stay subscribed for 4 months because I played gears 5, finished the campaign in 3-4 days? Regardless of wether I play anything else with those 4 months.

Not interested in outer worlds. Not sure why you are missing the point. Why would I let my subscription renew when there aren't any games in the list I want to play? I'm not saying there aren't a lot of games, but I'm not interested in only having a big list of games I could play. Gotta be stuff I wanna play, and haven't already played. Looking at the list today, it's all stuff I've either already played or just not interested in. I'm not going to keep let my sub renew when there's nothing I want to play lol. If something comes out before my sub ends, great I'll renew if necessary. If not then I'll buy another month when there is something I want.

It's certainly worth buying a month to play an otherwise $60 game even if it's the only one I play that month. But it's not worth paying for a second month if I don't intend to play anything they have that month.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Does everybody do the Microsoft Rewards monthly for Game Pass? It's usually about 1000 points up for grabs.

Nah, I don't. Not a huge fan of starting a bunch of games I might want to properly play in the future (or that I have no interest in) to pickup Achievements and the Rewards points. I do usually end up with 200-300 points per month just naturally playing the games I want to. But that's not enough to get anything worthwhile.

bishoptl

Remember
Oct 26, 2017
Vancouver
Found this and am purchasing 3 years (!!!!!!!!) of Gold then upgrading.

I went this entire gen w/PSN. This is a steal.
So...I got Live Gold, but after selecting the Upgrade for $2.00 and getting the message about upgrading your membership, Microsoft wants to charge me the full amount for every month after the 2 month promotion expires?

clipboard01nrkng.jpg

I thought the 2 bucks automatically upgraded my Live Gold membership to Ultimate full stop. Why on earth would they expect me to pay for two subscriptions?

Am I missing something here?

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So...I got Live Gold, but after selecting the Upgrade for $2.00 and getting the message about upgrading your membership, Microsoft wants to charge me the full amount for every month after the 2 month promotion expires?

clipboard01nrkng.jpg

I thought the 2 bucks automatically upgraded my Live Gold membership to Ultimate full stop. Why on earth would they expect me to pay for two subscriptions?

You can't have both Gold and Ultimate active at once, they will charge you only for Ultimate when the time comes.

RavFiveFour

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
It's still early, Microsoft knows what they're doing largely due to the success of Xbox Live, Xbox Live Gold etc. it's hard for me to imagine that every AAA game M$ has will be on Gamepass Day 1, it would be a dream come true.

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
It's certainly worth buying a month to play an otherwise $60 game even if it's the only one I play that month. But it's not worth paying for a second month if I don't intend to play anything they have that month.

Yes, it's better paying $15 instead of $60, that's 1st grader logic. It's not like people don't sign up to Netflix to watch one show then cancel and renew again in the future. No one is disputing that.

That's not what you said though, you said it's not worth $15 a month unless they put out a game every month that's worth playing. That's completely false. Even if you were forced to pay for 3 months at $45 it would still be a better deal than paying $60 for the game you wanted to play. No one is saying you have to stay signed up for 4 months, I'm just pointing out your logic and math are wrong.

There are obviously people who sign up to services like this and then cancel and resub etc but that's not the norm. For $10 or $15 a month it's easier to just leave it active all the time because the cost is negligible. I personally don't bother to pinch pennies like that because as I said I know over the course of the year I'll save on the cost of games overall. Or do what a lot of people did and get 3 years of Xbox Live and covert it to Ultimate for $1/2. I'm subbed until 2022 and it cost me just over $100.

It's still early, Microsoft knows what they're doing largely due to the success of Xbox Live, Xbox Live Gold etc. it's hard for me to imagine that every AAA game M$ has will be on Gamepass Day 1, it would be a dream come true.

Every MS game is coming to Game Pass day 1, AAA or otherwise. Also, M$? People still do that shit?

Synth

Oct 26, 2017

clipboard01nrkng.jpg

The "2 month promotion" starts after the period your Gold would end. So if you have 3 years of Live Gold, then your first $16.99 month will be 3 years and 2 months from now. It converts whatever Gold time you have 1:1 into Gamepass Ultimate before then.

Super Barrier

Nov 20, 2017

Wow... the positive Gears and Gamepass talk must hurt. I thought you cried enough when Era decided to merge next gen talk into one thread, now you're taking the tears in here.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
SoT is still hugely popular, the expiration of those free 1 month trial card didn't slow it down 1 year later, the temp signups excuse is a tired and false one.

bishoptl

Remember
Oct 26, 2017
Vancouver
You can't have both Gold and Ultimate active at once, they will charge you only for Ultimate when the time comes.
The "2 month promotion" starts after the period your Gold would end. So if you have 3 years of Live Gold, then your first $16.99 month will be 3 years and 2 months from now. It converts whatever Gold time you have 1:1 into Gamepass Ultimate before then.
Got it, thank you both.

PirateKingERA

Aug 22, 2018
Houston, Texas
I signed up for gamepass to play it, but I want to finish Witcher 3 first and then Link's Awakening when it drops, and then Gears 5, hope my pc is able to play it though.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I pay for gold and gamepass. Does MS automatically put me as gamepass ultimate? This is stupid shit I've should of payed attention to before while I was waiting for Gears on release day. Wasn't exactly sure what ultimate was even

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
I pay for gold and gamepass. Does MS automatically put me as gamepass ultimate? This is stupid shit I've should of payed attention to before while I was waiting for Gears on release day. Wasn't exactly sure what ultimate was even
You can convert both into an Ultimate subscription. If you have Gold until November (2 months) and regular Game Pass until December (3 months) then those will be combined into Game Pass Ultimate sub for the next 5 months so you'll have Gold and Game Pass until February. Sounds like a good plan to me. I believe 36 months is the max you can combine them into. Might be a good idea to buy Gold so you reach that limit if you plan to stay subbed too because it will only combine once. You can't add 12 months of Ultimate by buying 12 months of Gold after you have made the switch, only before.

Microsoft has a pretty extensive FAQ for Game Pass Ultimate:

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Dan, as usual, is absolutely right. The traditional sales #s will be deceiving, the game has moved subscriptions like nothing else has. The question is will these new subscribers stay subscribers, but MS has given them a ton of reasons to do so.

GP is a great service, and easily the best positioned to becomes the Netflix for games.

ebs

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Got gamepass for gears 5 and loved it. Now im considering whether to get a 1X after looking at the other games on there.

Jenea

Banned
Mar 14, 2018
Wow... the positive Gears and Gamepass talk must hurt. I thought you cried enough when Era decided to merge next gen talk into one thread, now you're taking the tears in here.
wow, such a dumb statement, some people act like they got insulted when you say that $1 deals played a very important role in gaining a lot of new subscribers...

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I got three months free with a video card, this will be the first gears game I play.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a for me to get the game pass deal and halt on when the subscription period starts? I won't have enough time to play anything in the next month or so and I don't want it to go to waste. Haven't beat Gears 4 yet either...