• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
25 million would need some unprecedented Q3 and Q4 sales, I'm a bit surprised an analyst is seriously considering that.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
I am getting dizzy reading this after my last thread.

Who to trust more though, some Osaka based firm or Some American Guy on YT.

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
Releasing a new console before any of your hard hitters from this E3 release. Bold strategy.

I swear it's like they don't even look at what Sony is doing.

As for the Switches, that's a very high number.

Oct 25, 2017
UK NW
I feel like with the PS4 still doing exceptionally well that the PS5 will still be coming Fall 2020.
They are in no need to rush out the next generation next year.

Ex-Psych

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo- 20 million

MP - 8 million

Osaka Analyst - 25 million

Anyone else?

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo- 20 million

MP - 8 million

Osaka Analyst - 25 million

Anyone else?
maxresdefault.jpg

V-Mac

Banned
Jul 4, 2018
There is absolutely no way PS5 is being revealed a few months from now and being released a year from now. Simply no way.

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
I know people are gonna focus on the Hardware number way more than the software number because reasons, but can we talk about that 140m number for a second.

If they sell 140m software(which irc does not include games that are Eshop Only, so most of the big indies) that would be almost half as much software as the 3DS sold lifetime, and about 40% more than WiiU did lifetime, in a single year!

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Switch shipping 25 million? Highly unlikely. It'll probably end up closer to 18 million
PS5 releasing in 2019? Doubt it. More like 2020
There is still more money to be made on PS4

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Since everyone seems to be throwing around random predictions, I'm predicting 16.5 million.

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know people are gonna focus on the Hardware number way more than the software number because reasons, but can we talk about that 140m number for a second.

If they sell 140m software(which irc does not include games that are Eshop Only, so most of the big indies) that would be almost half as much software as the 3DS sold lifetime, and about 40% more than WiiU did lifetime, in a single year!
I think that's the number they're going to hit. The software number is within reach. The hardware number is fucking insane.

Because you're not as lame as I am?

(I'm actually a CS major but damn it feels like the same thing sometimes)
You can still math more than I can tho

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I can't imagine a world in which the PS5 comes out next year. It just seems miles too soon.

JershJopstin

Oct 25, 2017
I think that's the number they're going to hit. The software number is within reach. The hardware number is fucking insane.
Which is kinda crazy given the current install base. The Switch's attach rate is ridiculous - without the context of Q1 sales, the hardware number looks tamer than the software number... yet here we are. I suppose 3 evergreen titles in the first year helps with that.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Pls no. I don't want a half step system in 2019 which is what it would have to be in order to not be 600 dollars

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Murata Manufacturing and TDK have expressed concerns about the tightening of the worldwide supply and demand chain of monolithic ceramic capacitors (MLCC), and have indicated that it could be it as a future risk for business.
Is this what is causing the Pro shortages?

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
So if we split the difference between these two ridiculous predictions we get 16.5m. Meh why not.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Only if we are using PS3/360 era as the barometer. That gen went on far too long.

I wasn't really using any gen as a barometer to be honest. Just feels like there's life left there. Happy to be massively wrong (I love buying consoles!) but could easily see the PS4 riding out another 2 years tbh.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
25m would require DS level sales for the rest of the FY. I mean it's totally possible that they have a good read on Let's Go really driving hardware, but otherwise it's a prediction that's almost as out there as Pachter.

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
Why would Sony do that? They are dominating with the ps4. Money is rolling in and MS already said they are 2020. There is no reason to end the money train early and bring a weaker system against the Xbox4.

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No, technically it is possible. But many believe they don't have need to rush it.
I most certainly understand it's possible, but only just barely according to tech roadmaps etc. It simply makes no sense for the market leader to be in a hurry to push out a new console when they're dominating and making tons of money.

Not to mention they even have a PS4 Pro on the market for those who are looking for a power bump right now.

Everything makes more sense in 2020.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Well, they are less wrong than Pachter with their Switch prediction imo, but I doubt this one'll pan out (would love to be wrong, though). PS4 is so strong, and Microsoft already mentioned that NextBox will be 2020, so I don't think PS5 will be 2019.

Goldrusher

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Flanders, BE
My prediction as well. 2019 seems too soon considering the first-party PS4 games that haven't been released yet.
Doesn't mean anything imo.

The PS4 was announced in February 2013 and Sony still had quite a few big titles to be released for PS3:

The Last of Us
Beyond Two Souls
God of War Ascension
Sly Cooper Thieves in Time
Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus
Puppeteer
Gran Turismo 6

Not to mention a TON of huge third-party titles, including Grand Theft Auto V.

Status
Not open for further replies.