• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 4044

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Curious why Xbox would be much larger digitally than other platforms. Disproportionately large US install base compared to global where retail might be more prevalent in many countries?

Partially that, but I know at least for me, I have a much higher degree of confidence in the XBox ecosystem. It uses real two-factor instead of SMS like Sony does; the cloud save system "just works" when I play on PC and XBox for Play Anywhere titles; backwards compatibility has allowed me to continue playing purchases I made over ten years ago; and I'm banking on the possibility that any digitally owned titles may be playable over xCloud in the future.

It's the most comfortable I've felt in a digital ecosystem outside of Steam.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Ethomaz was loosening up quite a bit before he got banned, I felt. In terms of respecting and praising the competition at Xbox, and even occasionally taking shots at Sony.

I never saw it towards his end. Jaywood speaks the truth though.

I'm pretty sure that was Evangelista's alt. They both got banned in the next gen speculation thread.

You're right about this.

It was weird to bump this thread after getting banned in the other one while working overtime and defending his main account with his alt account. That's effort.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For the entire generation, I just put Xbox One sales at half give or take a million or so. If PlayStation 4 is at 90M, I put Xbox One at 45M.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
So 41M it's pretty low, I thought MS would end up at 55M but doesn't look likey anymore.

Probably just over 50M by fall 2020

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
Are digital games on Xbone reasonably priced? Because they are a bit of a ripoff on PS4. I buy very few digital games...probably on smaller titles. Price is the main factor. Physical copies are sellable. Digital is more expensive and you can't resell obviously. Sony fucks up in this regard.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
Thats a good number all things considered. Consider that Nintendo released the Wii U at around the same time which couldn't even crack 15million. I believe MS is in a great place going into the next gen. Best hardware and best services, and at least making the right movements in software.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
Are digital games on Xbone reasonably priced? Because they are a bit of a ripoff on PS4. I buy very few digital games...probably on smaller titles. Price is the main factor. Physical copies are sellable. Digital is more expensive and you can't resell obviously. Sony fucks up in this regard.
Some new games aren't they can go for £60 new when you can pick them up for £45-£50 physical. But they have sales on pretty often so they do drop in price eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.