• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
$60 is kinda arbitrary. Part of the reason Nintendo has to charge that is card printing prices. As for games, the big 3rd party games of the last few months are Kingdom Hearts 3, RDR2, RE2R, Anthem. We're past the point where publishers could say 'we didn't know about switch in time'. No, it still feels like Nintendo is on an island of Indies and their own stuff. What Japanese games are you talking about? Also it's been reported that many pubs have started next gen projects. Do you really think EA, Capcom, Ubi, SE, Bethesda, Rockstar are going to release a big budget multiplatform game that includes Switch?
Why are you only focusing on the biggest AAA games from the biggest publishers?

And they are $60 because they are $60 games.

There are a ton of PS4/Switch games out there and coming soon, as I said, mostly from Japan. And I'm not talking about indies.

Off the top of my head:

Dragon Quest XI
Samurai Shodown
Digimon Survive
Super Robot Wars T
Puyo Puyo Tetris
Puyo Puyo esports
Super Bomberman R
Mortal Kombat 11
Steins:Gate Elite
Dauntless
Samurai Warriors 4
Dragon Quest Builders 1 & 2
Valkryia Chronicles 4
NBA 2K
FIFA
WWE
CTR
Lost Sphear
I Am Setsuna
BlazBlu Cross Tag Battle
Kill La kill
Battle Chasers
Starlink
My Hero One's Justice
Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk
Crash N Sane Trilogy
Mega Man 11
Taiko Drum master
Team Sonic Racing
Sonic Forces
Disgaea 5
SNK Heroines
Power Rangers Battle for the Grid
Dragon Ball FighterZ
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
Blade Strangers
Blade Arcus Rebellion
Ys VIII
Shining Resonance
Paladins
Smite
ARK
Warframe
Minecraft
Doom
Doom Eternal
Wolfenstein II
Wolfenstein Youngblood
Fortnite
PayDay 2

I could go on and on.

The point is, the Switch has far more crossover with the PS4 than the Wii had with the PS3 (the power gap is smaller, the capabilities are more similar), and I don't remember anyone seriously saying it's unfair to compare the Wii with the PS3. It has far more crossover with the leading console than any other portable, and with $60 "console experiences". It doesn't make sense to dismiss it as a portable and say it should just be compared to the 3DS/Vita, and not the other home consoles.