• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
https://deadline.com/2019/05/stephe...ine-movie-andre-ovredal-directing-1202620157/

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark director André Øvredal is set to direct New Line's feature adaptation of Stephen King's The Long Walk.

Originally published by King under the pseudonym Richard Bachman in 1979, The Long Walk takes place in the future in which 100 teenage boys embark on an annual competition known as "The Long Walk." The rules are simple: maintain a speed above four miles per hour.

Receive three warnings in an hour and you're shot dead. The last one walking gets whatever he wants for the rest of his life. Under these grim circumstances the boys develop deep friendships despite knowing that each of their friends' survival is a threat to their own.

I've wondered why they never made a Long Walk movie; always wanted to see it on screen.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
the long walk is one of the more interesting Bachman books, and i was wondering when it would get a proper adaptation

Robdraggoo

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna be fun watching a movie where people are quite literly walking through the run time lol

Im sure it will be filled with flashback or something.

Great book. Never thought it would make a good movie though

Bradbury

Oct 28, 2017
The Long Walk and Gerald´s Game were two books I always thought were impossible to be adapted
Then Gerald´s Game happened. Now I´m hype

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I've read it, and I'm not sure how good a movie version could be. I expect a lot of flashbacks, pre-race padding to learn about some of the contestants, and lots of hallucinating. Seems like it would work better being 50-60 minutes long, like a Black Mirror episode.