• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 30935

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Hulshult is a great choice. I'm not familiar with David Levy, but I'm excited to see what they do together. Big shoes to fill, obviously.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
Suspected, but good to have confirmation. He has the right pedigree for this. He has great covers of the original doom OST, his work on dusk and other old school style shooters is great, he had the quake champions track in eternal, and now he is officially on board. The DLC trailer already sounded legit.

Deleted member 34714

Banned
Nov 28, 2017
Yeah pretty much all speculation was pointed to this. There was a teaser of his take recently which sounded pretty good to me, let's see what hes got compared to Mick.

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if he's going to try to make something similar to the original soundtrack or if it's going to be totally different. He hasn't really made anything close to the Mick Gordon Doom soundtracks before.

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
The DUSK OST kicks so much ass, honestly, couldn't have picked a better person. I was worried about a lack of Mick, but now I feel like that mantle is in good hands.

Here's a sample:

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
If the music isn't going to be industrial djent metal, then the DLCs are going to be a real letdown compared to the main game (or Doom 2016)

Quad Lasers

Oct 26, 2017
No clue who the other dude is, but Hulshult is completely unsurprising. Man fucking ripped on Quake Champions.

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017
That's awesome (and pretty expected honestly), can't wait to hear his take on DOOM.

He's also doing the OST for the upcoming shooter Prodeus and so far it sounds like some of his best work:

OberstKrueger

Jan 7, 2018

His work on Quake Champions is amazing. Greatly increased how much I enjoyed my time playing that last year.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Hulshult is absolutely BEAST with his latest works on the retro shooters Dusk, etc.

Amazing get.

Oct 25, 2017
The DUSK OST kicks so much ass, honestly, couldn't have picked a better person. I was worried about a lack of Mick, but now I feel like that mantle is in good hands.

Here's a sample:

The first minute of Burn in Hell convinced me already. Sucks that Mick had to go, but given the replacement, it's hard to complain.

Deleted member 8468

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Good for them! Hulshult does great work, Dusk was an awesome game.

I'm still pretty sour on the situation around Mick, but it won't stop me from feasting on every bit of Doom Eternal dlc to come out.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda sad nobody's brought up Hulshult's work on Rise of the Triad. His covers on the original MIDI soundtrack are superb, and I think that's where he first started doing work on commercial games.

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
I'm so happy for him.

Departure to Destruction is absolutely fucking kickass. Can't wait to hear what he has in store for the DLC!