• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dotyoureyes

Alt Account
Jun 11, 2019
Like I said in the other thread....at the end of the day my guess is the difference between both will be negligible.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
History is really on Sony's side, they have pretty much the stronger hardware as long as they don't release a year+ before competition. It's probably on MS best interest to not sell on a lose since they probably won't sell as much hardware than sony and probably have the same ration again we have this gen, leverage gamepass and xcloud

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
The one thing I'll say is regardless of who has the most powerful system its price that's truly gonna matter and not just consolewise, game wise, service wise, accessory wise. This gen is gonna be wild. Not to mention that we will also probably get a ps5 pro and Scarlett pro 3 or 4 years later

Blik

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I dont knows why this still matters. Super fast car dont mean that is super safe, super economic, etc, etc. It all depends how you drive.
Give me the gold gems, and I buy your console.

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
Not to mention Sony first party carries a lot weight in which they earned this gen. PS4 final year ending with a bang (DS, Last of Us, Ghost) will bring that momentum right into PS5

ImaginaShawn

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm still betting on MS to have the stronger console. It means more to their console business than it does to Sony. I could see them losing 50-100 dollars per console just to make sure. Their money is going to come from software sales and live/gamepass subs anyway.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Means very little imo in the grand scheme of things. Both will likely be performing well over 10TF, do we even care after a certain point, they'll be pushing 4k with ease. Main thing for me is the CPUs are massively better.

Services and Games is what people should really be talking about.

Deleted member 6350

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's with this cult around Mark Cerny? Isn't AMD making the console based on Ryzen3 and Navi? I don't doubt that he's working on the specs but is he really what people make him out to be when AMD is developing the CPU and GPU?

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
I trust Cerny, people keep comparing Pro to one X and don't realize one X is out a year later with an extra 100 bucks on top. Sony really shipped a 400 box that they can build at the time.

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
More power for PSVR baby that's all that really matters, Oh and account sharing better stay, And shareplay, And remote play, And if there's time........................PSnow

flyingman

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
If true Microsoft can package their next console before launch and throw into river. And be a switch/steam publisher for rest of life

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
What's with this cult around Mark Cerny? Isn't AMD making the console based on Ryzen3 and Navi? I don't doubt that he's working on the specs but is he really what people make him out to be when AMD is developing the CPU and GPU?
There's a little more to being a system architect than accepting whatever AMD gives you and duct taping it together.

Kenjovani

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm still betting on MS to have the stronger console. It means more to their console business than it does to Sony. I could see them losing 50-100 dollars per console just to make sure. Their money is going to come from software sales and live/gamepass subs anyway.

Almost all console developers take hits and losses on hardware. They both will take losses on trying to achieve the right price and attractiveness to consumers. Even though Sony isn't trying to go that route anymore remember it was Sony that took huge losses on ps3.

My money is on Cerny and Sony to have the stronger hardware. Also for Sony to have a better SSD/proprietary hybrid solution. I'm up in the air about Raytracing, I think both will be similar.

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Phil said console sales are not that important so why go all out and lose money?

Bizzquik

Chicken Chaser
Nov 5, 2017
My little brain isn't going to comprehend this if PS5 doesn't sit in the middle between cheap Scarlett and expensive Scarlett.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I'm buying all of them, so make them all as powerful as possible please.

Playing all the best games is the only way to fly.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all need to stop the Nintendo disrespect and stop pretending this is a Sony/MS only fight.

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
Even if it is, I hope Sony's more humble about it instead of replicating MS's "Blah, blah, most powerful console. Best on Xbox" slogan. Let the games speak for themselves.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Specs are great and all but they mean fuck all if the user experience is absolute trash.

I would hope that Microsoft don't have another Xbox One fiasco where the UI runs like dog shit and the games can't even hit standard performance targets.

I would hope that Sony doesn't continue their dog shit UI as well.

A Gamer Can Dream

After playing on the PS3 again, the XMB is still my favorite media bar. would love to see the return of it. Felt so easy to get to the media I wanted fast because everything was already organized nicely in categories and folders were easy to do. Took PS4 so long to get folders.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Such a weird tweet. So rumors before E3 said PS5 was stronger... But we will see. I dunno if that suggests he knows that's wrong or he is just playing the current internet game of stoke the fanboys.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Base PS4 > Base Xbox One last time I checked so I'm not really surprised? I just want specs that can handle Cyberpunk very smoothly.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Man, this is flaming the fires of console war.

Personally, I just hope that the computational disparity between the two is not as substantial as it was between Xbox One (OG, S) and PS4 Base/Slim.

Status
Not open for further replies.