• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trago

Oct 25, 2017
Not necessarily. It wasn't the case at the start of this gen. PS4 was $100 cheaper while being more powerful. Who is to say both consoles don't end up being the same price with PS5 being slightly more powerful.
Would "slightly more powerful" translate into any tangible differences in multiplats?

I doubt it, especially if they're the same price.

Deleted member 8752

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Remember when PS4 was only supposed to have 4 gigs of ram? I won't be able to trust these sources until the consoles have been formally revealed.

DC5remy

Jan 20, 2018
Denver co
8267c8c547946c41ab51c63cd273614e.gif

This man, I trust him

Oct 31, 2017
Would "slightly more powerful" translate into any tangible differences in multiplats?

I doubt it, especially if they're the same price.
I doubt it would. I expect both consoles to be virtually the same.

MS isn't going for a Kinect add-on this time and I feel for his reason alone both consoles will be extremely similar spec wise.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So this rumor actually comes from devs themselves.. interesting.
I remember back in 2012, there were alot of rumors that MS was going all in on power, that Sony was broke, going the Ninty route and looking for a novelty 2nd screen kind of PS4 game console..
Then.. the comments section on a site where I posted on, I wrote that I dont think Sony would do that.(VGleaks) Another user wrote "Im a dev, the steamroller cpu is in the dev kit of PS4, but it will be different at release, then going on to actually say expect it to be a" GPU on a stick, but about 1.8Tfops" and thats pretty much what we got.
I do believe these rumors if they come from devs.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
I trust Cerny.

Not because he's a great engineer but because I know Knack 3 being made hinges on his success.

Status
Not open for further replies.