• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I don't understand why people are taking these rumors to mean anything when he literally said "We'll see" at the end of his tweet.

Techno

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Y'all need to stop the Nintendo disrespect and stop pretending this is a Sony/MS only fight.

PC gamers.

magic-johnson-eating-popcorn.gif

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who's always bought playstations and never owned an Xbox...I hope the next xbox is stronger. Really pissed at Sony for lagging behind in so many aspects; only JUST modernizing their digital returns/preorder cancellations, crossplay, and general QOL improvements.

I generally trust Microsoft to be more player friendly going forward, especially with their emphasis on gamepass and xcloud. Really don't want to get the system that has smaller online communities and less exclusives though.

Hzsn724

Nov 10, 2017
Well if Scarlett is 8K with 120fps then PS5 is 12k 160fps??

Pretty soon it's going to be like actually going outside....

I'm scared... Hold me.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't Sony basically funding Navi for AMD anyway? Why would MS get easy access to this then? I'm so curious about both these hardware designs. Have no idea which will lead to be more powerful though and really don't care. I think both will be powerful enough.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Y'all need to stop the Nintendo disrespect and stop pretending this is a Sony/MS only fight.

FWIW, this E3 showed me that they have some of the best art aesthetics in their games. Link's Awakening (LA) looked absolutely delectable. Current gen consoles already have phenomenal computational power in comparison and yet art styles like the one in LA, Daemon X Machina and BoTW remain unseen in the AAA spectrum.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Considering I'm getting both, which is more powerful is kind of irrelevant to me. I just want to know how powerful they're going to be compared to last generation. That max console leak posted a few posts above seems like nonsense, unless the thing is going to cost crazy money. 32GB GDDR6 + an SSD isn't going to be cheap.

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
There was a sizable difference between the PS4 and Xbox One at launch.

I guess we will see with the new consoles. Andrew has been doing this for awhile. He's not just floating crap out there unless it's based in reality.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
Doesn't really matter. What will make the PS5 great will be the 1st party games, not a modest bump over Scarlett.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
You put out a rumor about the power between Xbox and PlayStation and act brand new when the internet reacts the way it's always gonna react? And you add that you have more details to further flame it....yea right.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At this point I don't really care what's more powerful. They're both gonna be ridiculous. I can't see any of them suffering like the OG Xbox one did in comparison. I just really hope Sony puts more quality into their hardware. Like controller and console noise.

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
If Sony manages to launch a PS5 that is consistently demonstrably more powerful than Anaconda, I wonder how Microsoft will address that. That might damage the path that Xbox is trying to follow. That said, I don't expect there to be too big of a gap.

ImaginaShawn

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
But he already said the business isn't how many consoles you sell. They could put gamepass on Mobil if they want hundreds of millions.
The business isn't only about how many consoles you sell, but that doesn't mean console sales don't matter. Console only gamers are still a huge market. Not aggressively going after as many as possible is just bad business, especially since console gamers pirate games a lot less.

Wise

Oct 27, 2017
FWIW, this E3 showed me that they have some of the best art aesthetics in their games. Link's Awakening (LA) looked absolutely delectable. Current gen consoles already have phenomenal computational power in comparison and yet art styles like the one in LA, Daemon X Machina and BoTW remain unseen in the AAA spectrum.
Have you played Gravity Rush? That has a gorgeous artstyle

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Is it possible for Sony to release a "stronger"/"better optimised" console than MS at a lower cost (like 50-100$ less)?

Phamit

Oct 26, 2017
wasn't the other thread with this tweets in the next gen threads. But the tweets doesn't have much info in it than " I heard y is more powerful than x!"

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That would be pretty amusing given for months the opposite has been promoted or rumoured. Can't be good for Microsoft if that does end up coming to pass, unless they come in at a more affordable price.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The Vita UI was one-off.

The PS4 UI, as it stands today, is pretty much perfect.

For just games, the PS4 UI is fine. In this age where consoles are increasingly trying to be media machines as well, I think there's major room for the UI to evolve on that front (such as showcasing new episodes of subscribed or DVR'd PS Vue and media app content).

If PS5 could take some notes from Android TV's current interface, I think we'd have a real UI improvement. Maybe it's my Shield TV spoiling me but there's untapped software potential there.

Nvidia-Shield-TV-performance_1.gif

Hana-Bi

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
OP Primethius Can you add this to OP and displayed? It's more important:

Things will get even hotter and add to the turmoil.

Lol, he calls his info rumour now? When he talked to devs and they say PS5 > Anaconda than that's not a rumour.

I think he knows what he's doing and he knows those tweets get many people upset. Now he's teasering more... He should have stopped with his first tweet tbh.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean the only times that PlayStation hasn't had the more powerful console is when they released a year+ before their competitors. PS2 and PS4 Pro.

I don't expect the PS5 to be 40% more powerful than the Scarlett like the PS4 was to the Xbox One, but I wouldn't be surprised with 10-20%.

I think the biggest difference will come with RAM and SSD solutions in terms of load times and potential world sizes.

dotyoureyes

Alt Account
Jun 11, 2019
Lol, he calls his info rumour now? When he talked to devs and they say PS5 > Anaconda than that's not a rumour.

I think he nows what he's doing and he knows those tweets get many people upset. Now he's teasering more... He should have stopped with his first tweet tbh.
He literally said it was a rumour at the time.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018

I think he nows what he's doing and he knows those tweets get many people upset. Now he's teasering more... He should have stopped with his first tweet tbh.
His very first tweet claimed it was a rumour.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Have you played Gravity Rush? That has a gorgeous artstyle

Nope (but I have bought both of them). Yea, that is one exception of a franchise. Casting our minds back last gen, we got Prince of Persia (2008) which had an utterly beautiful painterly art style featuring realistically proportioned people. To this day, there is nothing else quite like it (screw Ubisoft).

Jaxar

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
If Sony manages to launch a PS5 that is consistently demonstrably more powerful than Anaconda, I wonder how Microsoft will address that.

I'm guessing It'll be "power of the cloud" again.

Having said that, from the sounds of it both machines are going to be really closely speced so I'm not expecting a difference like we saw with the PS4 & XB1 launch. agree with others that next gen will likely come down to games and services more so than hardware.

Lady Gaia

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I rather trust Brand Sam [...]

This is my favorite Freudian typo of the day. By far.

It is true that until the products actually ship and we can see with our own eyes what difference it makes then we're just sifting through an incomplete picture offered by a set of unreliable witnesses with varying track records. It's all to easy to accept only information that appeals to us individually. There's a classic Oatmeal comic that addresses the phenomenon in a fair bit of depth, definitely worth reading, because it describes behavior we're all susceptible to. Frankly, I judge people largely on how willing they are to revisit their own assumptions in the face of new information. It's an important life skill for anyone interested in growing and getting better at making predictions rather than simply defending their existing beliefs.

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Will be getting a PS5 at launch but I can't see Spencer wanting to be in second place spec wise. Seems small but it will be all over the internet and with Sony's stronger first party it's the last thing they need when trying to win early adopters.

ItsTheShoes

Attempting to circumvent ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if Microsoft will boast about the amount of transistors again if it's true, hah.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands

I think he knows what he's doing and he knows those tweets get many people upset. Now he's teasering more... He should have stopped with his first tweet tbh.
The very first word in the very first tweet he tweeted about this is "rumors"

Aktlys

Oct 27, 2017
well, both Use Zen2 8 core, navi, gddr6 and pcie4 ssd
How big can the difference really be?

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Is it possible for Sony to release a "stronger"/"better optimised" console than MS at a lower cost (like 50-100$ less)?
No. The only reason this happened with ps4 is because Ms decided to bundle kinect.

I'm expecting 499 for both systems at launch.

well, both Use Zen2 8 core, navi, gddr6 and pcie4 ssd
How big can the difference really be?
Yeah they should be close. My curiosity is if next Xbox will use Navi.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think the thought process is MS needs it more then Sony, so people think they will pull out all the stops. People prob don't give Sony enough credit.

Which I don't really get either.

I think the thought that the PS5 is gonna be $499 at a minimum is premature too.

The way PSN digital sales are going, if Sony needs to take a hit on PS5 SKU's to get it in consumer's hands, I don't know why they wouldn't just eat shit there.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
User warned: platform warring
There is nothing more ironically hilarious than console warriors battling it out over which is more powerful, while the PC exists literally just right there. It's like arguing over McDonalds or Burger King burgers while you're in front of a nice restaurant that serves an actual decent meal.

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
OP Primethius Can you add this to OP and displayed? It's more important:

Things will get even hotter and add to the turmoil.

Don't blame him. People are acting the fool already.

There is nothing more ironically hilarious than console warriors battling it out over which is more powerful, while the PC exists literally just right there. It's like arguing over McDonalds or Burger King burgers while you're in front of a nice restaurant that serves an actual decent meal.

If I primarily game on console, what do I care about what's going on with PC? Why must some pc gamers always remind us of what we're missing out on while also attempting to denounce "console warriors" for similar behavior?

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium

So long as we don't have a literal spec sheet in front of our noses, it's always going to be a rumor.

Status
Not open for further replies.