• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
The way they worded things on the Xbox stage makes this sound true. I'm really looking forward to physical consoles continuing to thrive.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
we won't really know until both reveal their damn consoles. wonder who is gonna be the first one to reveal.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Wouldn't surprise me. They didn't say the most powerful console like they did with the One X.

I guess those so called "insiders" look a bit stupid now.

You and many others are not remembering well. When they announced Project Scorpio Phil said "We believe it will be the most powerful console". A year later when the announced and showed Xbox One X then Phil did say "the most powerful console ever". There is a lot of misinformation on this and I urge you to go back and watch the Scorpio announcement where Phil said "we believe it will be the most powerful console". At the time of Scorpio's reveal the PS4 PRO was not announced, so I think that is why Phil said "We believe". A year later when the "X" was finally shown they changed it to "it is the most powerful" since they already knew about the PRO etc.

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I was waiting for Microsoft to say it would be the most powerful console ever but they didn't which means it's possible.

How on earth can they claim that their piece of plastic releasing in 18 months will be more powerful than someone else's piece of plastic in 18 months?

They could claim the X was most powerful because it was factually correct. Final specs won't even be locked in yet.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't be shocked. MS can set a high end goal for themselves, but they can't predict if it's higher than the goal Sony set out to do.

I always took it as more of a mission statement than anything.

Coolsambob

ā–² Legend ā–²
Oct 27, 2017
I think Xbox will have the power edge next gen, and will start to catch up with exclusives but still be edged out by PS. Which is great, PS needs something hot on its tail to keep it going. Like it did this gen/

The greatest boy

Alt account
Banned
May 31, 2019
Having more power didn't matter last gen...or the gen before that....or the gen before that.

No sure why it will matter next gen?

caff!!!

Oct 29, 2017
power isn't as important as the games to deliver the next gen sizzle to sway people to their platform

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I really need Microsoft to pull it together because I'm not trying to game on a dual shock but I'll go where the most power console wise

Fizie

Jan 21, 2018
I doubt it.

Also, we're a year and a half away from launch. Neither MS or Sony will be claiming hardware superiority this early on.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
is it two skus and that's what project scarlett means?

ms wants to have the power edge, so i think they'll know what sony is packing and try to beat it.

Drencrom

Oct 25, 2017
SWE
There is a reason MS didn't share numbers.

473010494261952513.png

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think the bigger problem is Switch getting left behind in the dust, specs of that thing is just bit above last gen but it is a handheld to be fair. It doesn't bode well for AAA ports, it's bad now but will get worse

@dedmunk

Banned
Oct 11, 2018
as long as one of them gives me 60fps minimum on most games please just do it one of yall

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
That would be insane considering all the rumours of Xbox being way more powerful.

There was very little to those rumours. It was mostly journalists who cover MS, and leakers who are clearly very close to MS, talking about MS aiming to have the most powerful console, and games of telephone with Phil Spencer's comments last year.

I think in the end they're going to probably be close along most dimensions or metrics. Which I think for Sony would be a win, given the last year of narrative of a different scenario.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tbh I think the power difference will be even smaller than the one from PS4 x Xbox One.

Ikaruga

Oct 27, 2017
Austria
Stop these bullshit rumors, Both Xbox 2 and PS5 will be in development for at least another year until they get mass produced and it's almost solely up to AMD to determine their output. Phil talked about 4 times the Xbox One X performance, which already sounds very promising.

Status
Not open for further replies.