• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Remember Sony were going with 4GB of ram till late in the game.

Until next year things can change.

@dedmunk

Banned
Oct 11, 2018
I think the bigger problem is Switch getting left behind in the dust, specs of that thing is just bit above last gen but it is a handheld to be fair. It doesn't bode well for AAA ports, it's bad now but will get worse

Nintendo has survived for years on their own output. Perhaps Xcloud or Stadia will come.

Worst case scenario they just go back to business as usual with no major third party support.

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Who gives a fuck? Lets the specs come out and Ill care when digital foundry gives me that analisis. It will probably be like this gen, pixel counting difference bullshit.

crotchett

Banned
Apr 23, 2019
Whether one console is more powerful or not, I expect Sony to deliver a better launch SKU at $500.
MS is probably going to go over that amount seeing as they expected their diehard fans to pay $500 for a reboot mid-gen.

upinsmoke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I dont think anyone knows really and it's all getting a bit sad if your that arsed.

MS cant proclaim to have the most powerful console because they dont know for sure the ps5 specs and vice versa. When they launched the one x they knew it was more powerful than the ps4 pro so they were able to say so. I mean it's not difficult.

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean the only time Sony hasn't had the more powerful console is when their competitors launched a year+ after they did.

FFObsessed

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If there is a slight power difference, I look forward to the return of the idiots who dont know how percentages work.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, when Phil Spencer said "The most powerful console WE"VE created" it did sound like that would be the case, but then again we're still over a year away from release day, so things will probably change.

Lokimaster

Alt Account
Banned
May 12, 2019
This explains why MS only said "This is thee most powerful console WE'VE every made"

It's so weird that they didn't mention anything about TFLOPS when 2016 they were so happy to say 6TF

Sleve McDichael

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Who even cares at this point...
The machines sound almost identical, if one is slightly more powerful that the other, it won't even be noticeable unless you're doing a DF breakdown and side-by-side comparisons that you have to zoom in on to spot this slightest changes.

opticalmace

Oct 27, 2017
Consoles should be much more expensive

I'd be happy paying $1000 for a maxed out console
To me that gets too close to good PC money, without the benefits of modularity and being able to upgrade individual parts over time. I know it's a YMMV thing, but I'm OK with a $2000 PC and OK with a $500 console, but I couldn't bear a $1000 console.

Feb 10, 2018
Quoting myself from the other thread ..

That would explain the "most powerful console WE'VE designed'

and not "The most powerful console EVER" like they did with X.

--

Though, I can understand the hesitance to proclaim it with a year and half from release.
Because they don't know the PS5 specs so they can't say, even Sony didn't call there og PS4 the worlds most powerful console straight away.

Calverz

Oct 28, 2017
Sounded exactly the same spec wise. Maybe Sony is putting a bit more horsepower to get that PS3 emulator working :)
Or that Cerny magic
1473329235742.jpg
That is an incredibly creepy photo of him

DuvJones

Oct 30, 2017

That really doesn't mean much considering the platform parity between the two. It's pretty clear that next-gen, the grapical power of the systems don't mean a ton if only because they are on the exact same platform (which to be fair, this argument died this gen... for pretty much the same reason).

Typhoon20

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
With how disappointing this E3 was, doesn't really matter. Sony got it either way. MS had its chance and blew it.

BIG J

Oct 27, 2017
Rumour has it that Sega will be releasing a console 3 times more powerful than PS5

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
this is like peak gaming fanboy bullshit right now and i love it. oh e3, best time of year!

MY PIECE OF PLASTIC BEATS YOUR INFERIOR PIECE OF PLASTIC LMFAO

Jonnax

Oct 26, 2017
I'm guessing if Microsoft are making two consoles. They're trying to capture the budget and high end consumers.

If Sony are making one console they need to price is to capture both groups.

So the cheaper one will be less powerful and the more expensive one will be more powerful.

Due to Microsoft having the flexibility of hitting two price points. Whilst Sony has to be somewhere in the middle.

Hope

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If they going for the same setup and one have a slight edge over the other flop wise, then the games will still exactly look the same, no matter what Phil or Jim claims. Diminishing returns is a real factor.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Non story. PS5 will not be more powerful.

Only reason MS cant say so for sure is because they have no idea what Sony is working on.

But MS has the money and the drive to dump as much as they can into their next thing, like Xbox One X. Sony doesnt really need to gain goodwill and marketshare, so they are content with good enough.

Oct 25, 2017
I like how some are laughing at what he's saying, but eat up all the other crap that's spewed in that other thread. Or how people took that Xbox was aiming to have the most powerful console and some made that a fact that it would be. No one knows anything 100 percent right now. Will see some time next year.

Brotherhood93

Oct 28, 2017
I was waiting for Phil to say something about "most powerful" console but then it'd probably be wise not to say that over >12 months before they release anyway. In their little video about Scarlett they basically just repeated all the talking points Sony have already mentioned (SSD load times, Ryzen, Navi, raytracing, 8k/120fps support) so I'm expecting the consoles to be extremely similar. Whichever turns out to be "most powerful", the noticeable difference will probably be minimal.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo has survived for years on their own output. Perhaps Xcloud or Stadia will come.

Worst case scenario they just go back to business as usual with no major third party support.
True, I think Switch is perfect for streaming. This e3 is kinda telling about 3rd party support, it'a dwindling but they have Pokemon, Mario, and other of the biggest IP

Deleted member 9584

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Doesn't really matter to me. Gamepass saves me so much money that Xbox is my easy choice to buy at launch. Will probably let get a PS5 eventually when some exclusives build up.

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Some rumor sources are more credible than others. JV saying something vs Schrier saying something for example is very different.
That could be true, but I don't know Schrier from SV. So someone saying Schrier is trust worthy is just as meaninglyess as someone saying JS is trustworthy.

And then there is his Star Wars Episode 9 rumor tweet. So perhaps he can join JV. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.