• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

capitalCORN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I really wonder how we got here in politics. Like not the fascism, I know that. But just...the sheer weirdness of it all.

I don't know if it was 9/11, the Daily Show giving free publicity to the dumbest people, social media/influencer/celebrity culture, etc etc. But there was a point sometime in the last 20 years where politics embraced being pro-wrestling and never looked back.
TV Walls.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I really wonder how we got here in politics. Like not the fascism, I know that. But just...the sheer weirdness of it all.
Multiple effects:
- Since the 70's, politicians have reliquished America to corporations, and remain as stabilizers while corporations form society.
- Asymmetrical polarization has resulted in crazier politicians becoming more mainstream (the GOP has moved further to the right than dems have moved to the left)
- In turn, the media has polarized the people with emphasising sensationalism and through social media, any idiot can microtarget an audience.

etc. etc.

papermoon

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
now sfw

0C1Cne6.jpg

Deleted member 2109

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Never thought I'd see something more cringe in politics than "Pokemon Go to the polls" or "please clap." Impressive.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Finally we have a candidate that can represent Weekend Era

He's got my vote

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
I've never seen more of an embodiment of picking flight in a fight or flight situation than that campaign manager's body language.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
what a monster

not a yang ganger but if he had some experience as a state congressman or whatever wouldn't preclude him from being a bonkers outlier i'd be down with the clown

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
After the unwanted hug he gave Dave Weigel and now this, it really sements Yang as the ickiest candidate, which is really saying something with Biden also in the race.

Noog

â–˛ Legend â–˛
May 1, 2018
Yang doesn't have a chance in hell, but he seems like a good and genuine person, and for that I give him a lot of credit. It's funny seeing people react to this on twitter, it's just a dumb fun thing, but we're so trained that politicians have to be very serious (or in trump's case, whatever the fuck he is)

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I feel sorry for the campaign manager but this gives me life lmao.

Last edited: