• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ViperVisor

Oct 29, 2017
When I voted and saw the results I was surprised. Is this before he made sure he was asking about general use not phone calls.

Something like 80% of people are righties so I figured the results would be 3 to 1 other.
To me it seemed obvious things are made for RH people in mind. Like Samsung have the volume and Bixby buttons on the left side for easy thumb presses in the left hand.

So do most of you dominant RH really think righty-tighty is the way to go?

Oct 25, 2017
When I voted and saw the results I was surprised. Is this before he made sure he was asking about general use not phone calls.

Something like 80% of people are righties so I figured the results would be 3 to 1 other.
To me it seemed obvious things are made for RH people in mind. Like Samsung have the volume and Bixby buttons on the left side for easy thumb presses in the left hand.

So do most of you dominant RH really think righty-tighty is the way to go?

Strange... I'm righty but hold my phone with left generally. right hand for navigation. Same with stylus usage on note 8 too.

Jazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Left hand user. Right hand dominant? I mean I do a lot of stuff with my left hand, but I write with my right.

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe cause I'm not a big public transportation person or something, but I rarely if ever use my phone one handed.

Usually it's either holding with my left and using it with my right or else using two hands to type like now.

I'm right hand dominant.

chokeartist

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Saw the P20 Pro last night in the wild. The camera worked better than I thought it would. The software/hardware really makes every shot look like a professional DSLR picture without any work. The notch, I can live with, but the chin with the front fingerprint reader is ugly as sin.

I still wouldn't trade my S9+ for one because of the poor video performance.

ShapeDePapa

Oct 25, 2017
Hello guys new Android user here(s9). I have a super quick question. I'm using Chrome and I can't get the avatar and img to not show on Reset. Both options are checked in the settings but I still see every avatar and pictures. Is it a bug? Thanks!

Smylie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oregon
I was planning on replacing my Pixel XL with a Pixel 3 XL, but mannnnn ...

I think I'm going to hold onto it until next year for something that's actually exciting.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I hold my phone in my less dominant hand and use my dominant fingers/thumb to control it.

Unless I'm doing something really basic like browsing Resetera which I'll use both my less dominant hand AND my less dominant thumb to control it.

Moodz

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone here with a Nokia 7 plus?

I bought mine 2 days ago but I have Bluetooth troubles an it's starting to scare me.
I managed to pair it with my jvc car stereo but no sound is coming out.
I have not even managed to pair it with my Sony headphones!
What the fuck is up with the Bluetooth on this phone?

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Anyone here with a Nokia 7 plus?

I bought mine 2 days ago but I have Bluetooth troubles an it's starting to scare me.
I managed to pair it with my jvc car stereo but no sound is coming out.
I have not even managed to pair it with my Sony headphones!
What the fuck is up with the Bluetooth on this phone?
Tried with my Sony WF-1000X, MDR-1000X and MDR-1ABT and even my Sony SA-CT370 soundbar. Working like a charm on each of them.

So yeah, factory reset and try again.

Furyous

Banned
Jan 7, 2018
I'm so conflicted over what to buy on the Android side:

Meizu 16 will feature an in-display fingerprint and impressive screen-to-body ratio
The biggest device I usable for me is something with the exact footprint of the LG G6 but the plus version costs $450 and I can't find translucent cases that cover the camera.
Xiaomi could own the 4.7 and 5 inch markets if they want to but they don't care so I have little options left.

Only good thing about the XZ1C is updates other than that it's not for me.

vanmardigan

Oct 27, 2017
The biggest device I usable for me is something with the exact footprint of the LG G6 but the plus version costs $450 and I can't find translucent cases that cover the camera.

Isn't the s9 smaller than the G6?

Also. Android messages doesn't show my outgoing messages when I select it as the default, major bummer.

Furyous

Banned
Jan 7, 2018
Isn't the s9 smaller than the G6?

Also. Android messages doesn't show my outgoing messages when I select it as the default, major bummer.

S9 is dumb expensive and it's not smaller by a huge margin that the G6. It might be harder to use due to the lack of bezel. I'd spend more for a far more robust accessory ecoystem, VR support, more extensive customer support thought not necessarily better, and a better camera. It's $234 for a G6, $450 for a G6+ vs $700+ for a new mint S9.

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
Upgrading from a Google Pixel XL in the coming months and it's really starting to look like I'll be upgrading to a Pixel 2 XL. Google implementing a notch is extremely disappointing, as is their realization of it, which is on the uglier side of phone notches. Feels real bad.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so conflicted over what to buy on the Android side:

Meizu 16 will feature an in-display fingerprint and impressive screen-to-body ratio
Xiaomi could own the 4.7 and 5 inch markets if they want to but they don't care so I have little options left.

Only good thing about the XZ1C is updates other than that it's not for me.
meizu will still somehow be on nougat :D

asdad123

Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone screen protector less on the s9 plus? I tried the dome screen protector and screwed it up twice. The first one completely and broke it while cleaning it and the second one has some glue residue on the side near the edge. I'm not buying another after already wasting $80 on screen protectors. I might just get a squarerrade warranty and rock it without a screen protector at this point.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Is anyone screen protector less on the s9 plus? I tried the dome screen protector and screwed it up twice. The first one completely and broke it while cleaning it and the second one has some glue residue on the side near the edge. I'm not buying another after already wasting $80 on screen protectors. I might just get a squarerrade warranty and rock it without a screen protector at this point.
I was screen protector-less (with a case) until i got a small gouge on the side of my screen with no memory of when it could have happened. First phone in memory that's gotten scratched as easily as that.

I got a Domeglass protector and found the installation pretty straight forward after watching a video first. I also got some glue residue on the edges, but if you rub it with the included microfiber clothe it comes off fairly easily. The glue even seems to have filled in the scratch so i dont notice it under the screen protector.

My only problem is that it has developed some bubbles just recently after a few weeks (other reviews mention the same thing), but their on the bezel at the bottom so they don't bother me. I had some bubble near the top but managed to squish them away (pressed hard on it and put it under the UV light again thinking it might set the glue better), but these bottom ones that develloped seem to be sticking, but as long as they stay off the screen and stay on the bezel im ok with that.

faceless

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
rock it without a screen protector

Oct 25, 2017

uhhh doesn't it have a warranty for failed installations? Or discount buy... idk.

but yeah...if you use amazon just return it saying its defective.

go naked. you will get minor scratches but you won't notice in use.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
I use my S8+ without a screen protector, but I got the Samsung replacement warranty though

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Any thoughts on if I should go Note 9 or Pixel 3 XL when they both launch? I know neither are out so no details are officially known on either, but given their past history and performance...?

Oct 25, 2017
Any thoughts on if I should go Note 9 or Pixel 3 XL when they both launch? I know neither are out so no details are officially known on either, but given their past history and performance...?

note 9 will just be a note 8 with the s9+ goodies and a 4000mah battery. pixel 3 xl seems... to have 1 camera still, and easily the ugliest notch yet.

If you don't care about a stylus, just get a s9+ like new for like $600 on swappa.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
note 9 will just be a note 8 with the s9+ goodies and a 4000mah battery. pixel 3 xl seems... to have 1 camera still, and easily the ugliest notch yet.

If you don't care about a stylus, just get a s9+ like new for like $600 on swappa.

I'm trying to convince myself that I don't need the stylus. But I keep thinking the novelty will have use, ha.

Any Note nuts have an opinion on that?

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to convince myself that I don't need the stylus. But I keep thinking the novelty will have use, ha.

Depends on what you do on a daily basis. I write a lot down and I carry a pocket notebook and pen. I have cut my notebook/pen usage by almost 80% and rely completely on the note. What makes it better is I screen shot and send what I wrote down to the people that need it. I can edit, color, and do all sorts of crazy things with it. I might be in the minority of Note users that use the pen constantly but I would die on the inside if the pen was no longer there. The only thing I would want to make this particular phone better would for it to be smaller and I know I am probably the only one that feels that way.

Oct 25, 2017

I don't use my stylus much. it's still legit useful for last second note taking at work. Also legit useful for signing pdfs and shit.

A stylus is better than no stylus is my stance. Personally I'd like more battery over the stylus... but apparently the note 9 solves that problem.

Samsung is somehow the only folks around that can add features without removing shit.

Oct 25, 2017

It is pretty sick.

Key points of worry though is that everything is in that sliding mechanic including face unlock and cameras (no fingerprint sensor).

I unlock my phone plenty....

Also... How does a case work?

Dope its coming to the US, and apparently on a carrier too. Congress gonna be thrilled

maloney

Oct 28, 2017

I have an s8 and my better half has an s9. On both I used a wet applied soft tpu protector. I think they're great as you can slide it around to get it lined up perfectly. Wipe the bubbles out and leave to dry overnight and jobs done, you can barely see it once applied. My first one lasted about a year before a corner started curling up, it peeled off nice and easy and I reapplied an new one.

Granted it won't stop the screen from cracking if there was an impact but it'll stop any scratches or scuffs.

In the UK they're usually under a tenner for 2, worth a punt in my opinion.

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
The more I look around at this year's offerings, the more I'm thinking I'll just try to make my Pixel XL last one more year and hope 2019 brings some genuine improvements and hopefully a far more competitive Pixel phone.

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The more I look around at this year's offerings, the more I'm thinking I'll just try to make my Pixel XL last one more year and hope 2019 brings some genuine improvements and hopefully a far more competitive Pixel phone.

You're good so long as your battery holds up.

I think if you have a newerish flagship and aren't crazy into phones no reason you can't be on a 3 year upgrade cycle.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Depends on what you do on a daily basis. I write a lot down and I carry a pocket notebook and pen. I have cut my notebook/pen usage by almost 80% and rely completely on the note. What makes it better is I screen shot and send what I wrote down to the people that need it. I can edit, color, and do all sorts of crazy things with it. I might be in the minority of Note users that use the pen constantly but I would die on the inside if the pen was no longer there. The only thing I would want to make this particular phone better would for it to be smaller and I know I am probably the only one that feels that way.

I don't use my stylus much. it's still legit useful for last second note taking at work. Also legit useful for signing pdfs and shit.

A stylus is better than no stylus is my stance. Personally I'd like more battery over the stylus... but apparently the note 9 solves that problem.

I had a Note 4 when those first came out, and while I didn't use the stylus for everything, I did love having it. I've been trying to do a better job of keeping a daily to-do list at the office, and this may give me that extra push for it. I think these two posts are enough to confirm my stance that I probably will grab the Note 9 when it drops.

All the people I know that has the pixel 2 xl has burn ins now...

I had heard about this, but I assumed that issue worked itself out. Guess not! Note it is.

Thank you guys for the thoughts and feedback.

Moodz

Oct 28, 2017
So anyone knows a workaround to prevent Spotify from displaying album art instead of my wallpaper on the lockscreen?
I can't believe it's still a thing in 2018...
It didn't do that on Samsung, but now I'm on Nokia 7 plus with android one.