• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

shinshoryuken

Nov 13, 2017
Wasn't the selling point of the P20 Pro the night shots? Those were much better than the Iphone, right?

Well the night mode was decent but look artificial. The xz2 premium hold its own while looking more natural.

During the day light shot when using AI, pictures turned out way over processed.
Pictures always turns out looking like they have a heavy Instagram filter on.

Using pro mode also didn't impressed me. Photos turns up better on the xz2 premium and iPhone Xs.

Don't ever trust DxO mark.

GoldenCat

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
What's so bad about it? I really hope Samsung step their chip game up for the S10/Note10.

Well, personally I have the S9+ and I'm getting like half the battery life of my S7 flat and a whole list of other issues (overheating/camera issues/random restarts etc). Might just be a faulty unit so I'm sending it in for a replacement this week.

Some tech analyst sites compared this year's Exynos and Snapdragon and it had significantly worse performance and battery life. Probably won't notice if you're a light/medium user though.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/12520/the-galaxy-s9-review

https://www.anandtech.com/show/12615/improving-exynos-9810-galaxy-s9-part-1

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If it even lasts that long. Google could decide one day to just kill it, or let it rot and regress like Google Now.

It has now been repurposed as a feature in YouTube Premium as part of the video ringtone feature they create in a couple of years. Now called YouTube Plus after another name change.

Please pay for YouTube. Google begs of you.

GS_Dan

Oct 30, 2017
Y'all might be interested in this video, which was posted a few years ago by one of the leads on the Pixel photography team:

Shit looks legit.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Lol, Mate 20 Pro will be using proprietary Huawei Memory Cards. In 2018. I am cackling like a mad man, we let this happen buying dongles and accepting just one usb type-c port, the OEMs are hungry for accessory money once again.

Deleted member 14887

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I tried telling myself I hate the notch enough to not order a 3xl but I guess I was lying to myself. 64gb not pink 3xl shall be mine soon. Selling my 2xl to a family member.

Oct 25, 2017
20181012_115731.jpg

Best buy here has demo units. Seems much improved over the 2 xl i had. Way smaller side bezels. Notch is dumb, but not really noticeable.

Wish it had more ram, might have ordered one

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
20181012_115731.jpg

Best buy here has demo units. Seems much improved over the 2 xl i had. Way smaller side bezels. Notch is dumb, but not really noticeable.

Wish it had more ram, might have ordered one
Nice, will go try it out later. Kind of tempted to get one with all the good reviews and impressions, but $1000 after taxes is crazy.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
So the pixel does do the notification bar correctly in the "hide bezel" mode?

Thought there were pictures of it below the bezels, and not making use of them at all, or is that a seperate option if people want it?

Deleted member 46103

Banned
Jul 22, 2018
Why are you picking on me?

It's like you come along whenever something negative is mentioned about the pixel...

Do you get anything from shilling it?

I pick on people who blast untrue statements for the sake of karma or forum exposure. Not too different than me picking on the posters that were piping on about the fake Pixel Ultra. I treat you all the same.

If I am a Pixel shill than what do you get out of being an anti-pixel shill?

shinshoryuken

Nov 13, 2017
I pick on people who blast untrue statements for the sake of karma or forum exposure. No different than me picking on the idiots that were piping on about the fake Pixel Ultra. I treat you all the same.

If I am a Pixel shill than what do you get out of being an anti-pixel shill?

Dude...all the things I've said mirror what everyone been saying.

The notch is make the pixel 3 XL is the ugliest phone out there. It's pretty much fact when the majority agrees.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
I mean, Google has a big event. Announces a new set of phones that I can't buy, a Google Home Hub I can't buy, a Pixel Slate I can't buy, and a bunch of Assistant features I can't use.

Literally everything in the event was restricted to one to three countries (US, Canada, UK), except for the phones, which a whopping 12 countries can buy.

If that isn't a terrible showing, I don't know what would be. It was almost a literal fuck you to everyone not North-American. How Google fancies themselves an Apple competitor in the world I can't imagine, they can't even compete on their own platform by sheer unavailability.

Deleted member 46103

Banned
Jul 22, 2018
I mean, Google has a big event. Announces a new set of phones that I can't buy, a Google Home Hub I can't buy, a Pixel Slate I can't buy, and a bunch of Assistant features I can't use.

Literally everything in the event was restricted to one to three countries (US, Canada, UK), except for the phones, which a whopping 12 countries can buy.

If that isn't a terrible showing, I don't know what would be. It was almost a literal fuck you to everyone not North-American. How Google fancies themselves an Apple competitor in the world I can't imagine, they can't even compete on their own platform by sheer unavailability.

I would be ticked and get your pain but how many countries is the Homepod and/or Echo Show sold in? Advanced AI does hold back international rollouts quite a bit.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
I would be ticked and get your pain but how many countries is the Homepod an Echo sold in? Advanced AI does hold back international rollouts quite a bit.
I can however use all the Siri features, including shortcuts, in every language Siri supports, day one.

I can also get an iPad Pro, and their range of phones virtually worldwide within months.

Google Assistant only just launched more languages, after years, and only supports a fraction of the functionality that US English has. Hell, you can't even use the "ok Google" command to call the functionality in Dutch, that is how limited the functionality is.

shinshoryuken

Nov 13, 2017
Why are we talking about a notch now? You just cant let it down, can you?

Like I said...im just echoing what everyone opinion about the phone:
Ugly phone
Expensive
4gig ram
And so on..

I never said anything negative on the things that are nice about it, like camera and such..

I don't even like this Era forum, but I see a lot of familiar face here from back of in days. I'm just here to give my take on unpopular phones that no one is crazy enough to get. At least I can give a real life experience on them...good or bad.

Deleted member 46103

Banned
Jul 22, 2018
I can however use all the Siri features, including shortcuts, in every language Siri supports, day one.

I said advanced AI. Siri is a joke.

Is homepod and echo show in your country?

Also, how do you wake a google home if you cant say ok google? Are home devices completely absent in your country?

Like I said...im just echoing what everyone opinion about the phone:
Ugly phone
Expensive
4gig ram
And so on..

I never said anything negative on the things that are nice about it, like camera and such..

I don't even like this Era forum, but I see a lot of familiar face here from back of in days. I'm just here to give my take on unpopular phones that no one is crazy enough to get. At least I can give a real life experience on them...good or bad.

I have no problem with facts and debating them. I dont even disagree with some of your complaints above.

I am specifically talking about the inaccuracies and maturity level of your posts. I know that sounds harsh but I am just being honest.

Last edited:

shinshoryuken

Nov 13, 2017
I said advanced AI. Siri is a joke.

Is homepod and echo show in your country?

Also, how do you wake a google home if you cant say ok google? Are home devices completely absent in your country?

I have no problem with facts and debating them. I dont even disagree with some of your complaints above.

I am specifically talking about the inaccuracies and maturity level of your posts. I know that sounds harsh but I am just being honest.

If you find it immature I apologize...
I can be somewhat trollish lol...I apologize.

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
Two things holding be back from switching back to Android:
1) iMessage
2) AirPlay/AppleTV integration

I know what I'm getting into with iMessage.

But surely there's apps out there that let you AirPlay from your Android phone right as well as remote apps for AppleTV, right?