• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
phones isn't for music playback anymore. doesn't even have a headphone jack!

You take pictures with the phone while you play music from your Home hub casting to your smart home speakers.

Deleted member 46103

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 22, 2018
The past excuse was that 'stock android is all it needs'.

Except now stock oreo/pie handles memory like the worst china roms.

There is something seriously wrong with those LGs that reported those lag issues.

That shit does not happen on the HTC made Pixel 2. No one is reporting it. Stock Pie is great with 4 GB of RAM (until you play fortnite but epic said a fix is coming).

Last edited:

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

I have the same issue with the XZ3: opening the camera and taking snaps kills pocketcasts. Memory management on P is super conservative

This is why I evaluate the hardware in a phone as first priority when making a buying decision. I can change the software if need be but I can't add ram or change the hardware.

Viva

Nov 1, 2017
Pixel 3 order is in.

Looking forward to going back to using a one handed phone.

Video recording looks pretty poor on the 3/3XL. That processing magic isn't there, or I guess, not as much.

Good to hear the display is finally top...notch :)

DrFunk

Oct 25, 2017
ridiculous

Edit: all these mates are huge:

The big boy must be 6.8

Notes:

The speaker is in the USB C port?

4200mah on the Pro, 40W Supercharge. 10V/4A. 70% in 30 minutes. 440% faster than iPhone Xs Max.

Last edited:

bakalhau

Dec 29, 2017
Lisbon (Amadora), Portugal

This is dumb but I'm loving it

Should come in handy to charge those friends' iPhones and Samsung :P

The speaker is in the USB C port?

Indeed it is, and the sound quality is pretty good (better than the mate 10 pro actually). And with no quality loss whatsoever when the USB port has the cable plugged in from what I tested (I already played with it for a couple days last week)

Last edited:

DrFunk

Oct 25, 2017
I like the emerald green Pro

And apparently they've made some changes to EMUI? That's the only thing really holding me back from Hwawaii's phones - using the software is like swallowing car keys

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
I wish Huawei combined the best aspects from the regular and pro version. So close to perfection hardware wise

shinshoryuken

Nov 13, 2017
Well if they release a Porsche Designed version without a notch and combined features to make a super phone....then maybe I'll give huawei another shot...

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, Pixel V started going horrifically slow so I rebooted it and it wouldn't come back on. Cache wipe wouldn't do it, so going for a factory reset before flashing the device after after that.

Fun!

shinshoryuken

Nov 13, 2017
Looks like the on screen finger print scanner of the mate 20 pro is not much improvement from the Mate RS.

The Mate RS front finger print scanner was super slow and almost unusable.

shinshoryuken

Nov 13, 2017
Well it got the supercharge tech! If it's comparable to the supervooc then it will great.

I'm still surprise how fast my oppo find x charges. 10-15min to top up a phone that has 50% battery is amazing.

bakalhau

Dec 29, 2017
Lisbon (Amadora), Portugal
I'm curious if you can fast charge it will using it as a wireless charger.

Would generate plenty of heat lol

I'm going to try that tomorrow lol, good idea.

Looks like the on screen finger print scanner of the mate 20 pro is not much improvement from the Mate RS.

The Mate RS front finger print scanner was super slow and almost unusable.

https://youtu.be/Fp0RY-yOz5w

^ Gave it a go right now on the phone while I recorded the experience (already hid the notch yeah lol), my first experience with this kind of under the display fingerprint. I can't compare with the Mate RS but this seems pretty usable and fast enough.

Doesn't even begin to compare to the other scanners on the P20 or Mate 10 though. This one struggles upside down while on surface level scanners I could basically just not give a crap and put the finger anyway I wanted and tap the scanner instead of leaving the finger there. Well I'll just use the face unlock anyway, as on the P20.

I'm curious about the battery of this boy. I'll be using it at 1440p to test it out compared to the Mate 10 Pro.

shinshoryuken

Nov 13, 2017
I'm going to try that tomorrow lol, good idea.

https://youtu.be/Fp0RY-yOz5w

^ Gave it a go right now on the phone while I recorded the experience (already hid the notch yeah lol), my first experience with this kind of under the display fingerprint. I can't compare with the Mate RS but this seems pretty usable and fast enough.

Doesn't even begin to compare to the other scanners on the P20 or Mate 10 though. This one struggles upside down while on surface level scanners I could basically just not give a crap and put the finger anyway I wanted and tap the scanner instead of leaving the finger there. Well I'll just use the face unlock anyway, as on the P20.

I'm curious about the battery of this boy. I'll be using it at 1440p to test it out compared to the Mate 10 Pro.

Speed wise, thats lil faster.

On the mate Rs I have to actually think about my finger placement and it was more convenient using the back scanner.
When I put a glass screen protector on mine it got even worst.

chokeartist

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Wife wanted a new phone so I'm gonna give her my S9+ and buy myself a Note 9 128. The 8gb ram version would have been nice but that price jump is steep.