• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the Pixel 3 getting discounted on Black Friday is indicative of bad sales? Last year the Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL didn't even get a straight discount, it was $100 store credit and a Google Home Mini. This year it is $150/$200 off the Pixel 3/Pixel 3 XL or they'll also offer B1G1 half off at full price.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Whatever happened to that 512gb micro SD from Samsung. I'm in South Korea right now and it's not even in their stores. There's white somes done glass here though which is interesting

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pixel 3 XL at $700 and Pixel 3 at $600 isn't bad. More in line with what prices should be. 4GB ram is still a joke in 2018.

Last edited:

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna try this beta. I swear Samsung purposely made this shit a little annoying get the beta immediately. They probably did it as a way to naturally make it limited, lol.

Had to download the latest Samsung+ apk and permanently unlock my t mobile S9+ (not sure if this was actually required but it took just 2 mins)

They know only phone nerds are doing this shit and that's who they need to beta test

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
https://m.gsmarena.com/it_was_inevi...e_first_phone_with_two_notches-news-34236.php

Two notches, 2500 mAh battery, but it has a headphone jack and its a compact flagship. Who is going to be the brave soul to buy one?
Damn, aside from the somewhat small RAM and the insane dual notches, that seems like a pretty fantastic little phone.

Couldn't they have just put the fingerprint reader on the back? It's not my favorite, but it's better than have a second goddamn notch.

As someone who even owns a notched phone, I can't wait for them to stop.

Oct 25, 2017
kinda lame no beta for note 9, although half the pie update for s9 is adding back some features from note9 like dockless dex, and scene optimizer for the camera.

Too lazy to flash a leaked beta from xda.

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Might jump in on the Note 9 sale in a couple of days. I'm getting a new phone itch and the mate 20 pro is more than I want to spend lol

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I could have waited, but Samsung on Android Pie is nice. Only downgrade is the app switcher. I hope they bring back the old list view once final software is available

Vixdean

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seems the final production version of Night Sight is a lot more subtle than the pre-release stuff we saw.

Oct 25, 2017
DBYQZbK.gif

Apple beats Samsung to foldable tablets.

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have one of those google store $50 credits that they aren't going to use? I can shoot you a $10 amazon gc for it

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
Google Assist on turning alarm off would be cool if it could do any of the things I want to have happen when I turn my alarm off in the morning (disable night mode, increase screen brightness) :(

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
That cable and huge plug just make me so happy I went wireless years ago, disgusting.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, the fact that I'm able to use my phone as a full blown desktop insane. I didn't know that Samsung was adding the feature for all the devices on Android P.

This is just making me more tempted to pick up the highest spec S10..

- Posted from my Galaxy S9+ in Dex mode

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Its because poor people cant afford wireless things.
That was exactly what my train of thought about this decision is. Headphone jacks are for peasants, if you can afford our 900 Dollar phone you sare as fuck can afford our wireless expensive headphones. They are running a rack, and being honest about it as well.
Is this for real? Or am I being trolled?

nokia-9-10.jpg
Nope, ita likely the real thing. On the downside, its the only Nokia phone in the foreseeable future without a Notch, and that's a bad thing. And the Nokia 7 Plus was such a promising future.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That was exactly what my train of thought about this decision is. Headphone jacks are for peasants, if you can afford our 900 Dollar phone you sare as fuck can afford our wireless expensive headphones. They are running a rack, and being honest about it as well.

I have expensive headphones, but I also travel a lot and if the batteries die, I'd rather not be SOL and have to choose between charging my phone or listening to music. If I'm spending money, I want more options, not less.