• Welcome to ResetEra 2.0! Guests should now be able to save their dark or light theme preferences, found on the left sidebar.

Android |OT| I called the death of 3.5mm

Nov 13, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
I need a browser advice:
I'm using Lightning Browser since years because I love the UI. A swipe from the left edge shows me a tab list, from the right edge it shows me my bookmarks. I love it!
My problem is that this browser gets updated maybe once a year and is unusable on the new Era site. Is there an other browser with a UI like this? And no, dolphin is shit.

I need a browser advice:
I'm using Lightning Browser since years because I love the UI. A swipe from the left edge shows me a tab list, from the right edge it shows me my bookmarks. I love it!
My problem is that this browser gets updated maybe once a year and is unusable on the new Era site. Is there an other browser with a UI like this? And no, dolphin is shit.
Haven't found another browser like lightning. The reasons you listed are the reason I love it. But I don't use it that often anymore because it's hardly updated.

Oct 25, 2017
I need a browser advice:
Check out yuzu browser. Just found it just now, lots of customization. I'm still playing around with it, setting up quick control.
Edit : resetera doesn't display properly on it. Previous browser I was using, habit browser, worked fine but it hasn't been updated since 2017 and it was mostly language updates.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2017
I need a browser advice:
I don't know about the UI, but I love the Samsung Browser.

Bought an O6T today, moving up from a Samsung S7 Edge. So far so good, but man did they really had to remove the notification led? Why not have a blinking pixel next to the notch then?

The speed of this thing is amazing, I'm just worried for the camera.

Jul 22, 2018
I don't know about the UI, but I love the Samsung Browser.

Bought an O6T today, moving up from a Samsung S7 Edge. So far so good, but man did they really had to remove the notification led? Why not have a blinking pixel next to the notch then?

The speed of this thing is amazing, I'm just worried for the camera.
Wait till you notice the difference in the vibration motor.

Oct 27, 2017
80% sure its gonna somehow have a higher msrp than what you can get a 2xl for these days.
For reference, the Nokia 8.1 (or X7 in China) has the very same chipset that is rumoured for these things (SD710) and cost ~400€ for 4GB/64G with 3.5 jack and a 3500 mAh battery. You can be sure as hell these things are going to cost WAY more than that.

Oct 25, 2017
So I lost my phone :( I was in Ireland and it fell out of my pocket in a cab and since I did not spring for data service find my device did not work.
So now I need to get another one, it was a PH1 and really that was as close to a perfect device for me but the price has gone back up.
So here is my question, is there a device that is under inches that runs close to stock?
I don't really care about cameras too much, I only really use them in a pinch. I really would by a OnePlus if the thing was smaller, it is just too big I think.

Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Today is another interesting day. First off:
https://www.theverge.com/circuitbre...ng-a8s-infinity-o-display-features-specs-news
First punch hole camera phone unveiled! SD710, triple camera, great memory choices, and the deep green is a great look.

https://m.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_unvei...riginal_phone_for_the_holidays-news-34631.php
The black shark is a great gaming phone, and I like how they now offer a full controller setup. For the 500€ Asking price right now, its a great sell.

And wow at the Pixel Lites. Snapdragon 710 aside, Google really should try to undercut everyone with an insane asking price. They won't, and likely be asses while charging north of 600, but hey kts nice to dream.

Oct 26, 2017
So I lost my phone :( I was in Ireland and it fell out of my pocket in a cab and since I did not spring for data service find my device did not work.
So now I need to get another one, it was a PH1 and really that was as close to a perfect device for me but the price has gone back up.
So here is my question, is there a device that is under inches that runs close to stock?
I don't really care about cameras too much, I only really use them in a pinch. I really would by a OnePlus if the thing was smaller, it is just too big I think.
Not sure what under “inches” was meant to be, but the Moto G6 (close to stock, Pie soak tests ongoing) and Nokia 6.1 (Android One) are the best budget phones for US consumers, at least without taking into account used devices or carrier-specific deals. Each is available for $150-$175 right now at Best Buy.

Oct 25, 2017
Samsung just told me they're now doing doorstop repairs with a one hour window in the UK and can be done under warranty.

I missed the old Apple thing of just being able to take it to their stores, so that's a good thing. I don't even have to go to them!

Oct 25, 2017
So I signed up for Fi and ordered the LG G7 ThinQ. The sound stuff is really interesting and it does everything else I need as cameras are not a priority. The only thing that worries me is that it is not stock, but I can always just use Nova Launcher.

In theory Fi will work better for me at my parents house than T-Mobile, plus I would not have lost my phone overseas as I's have data.

I picked up at Nokia 7.1 in the meantime, it's a really nice device so far.