• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
I have a choice to make.

Currently rocking the Ocean Blue Note 9 128gb (exynos as I am UK)

Somebody has offered me a Twilight Mate 20 Pro as a straight swap and I dunno what to do.
Depends on how much you use the stylus and Samsung pay.

Huawei suppose to have a dope camera and crazy fast charging.

Screen is iffy though, make sure to check for light bleed.

FlyingLlama

Oct 29, 2017
Depends entirely on each respective value. I'd imagine the Samsung is worth more.

Where I am going on FB marketplace the N9 goes for about £400 while the Mate goes for nearer £600.. not sure how representative that is of the wider world.
Depends on how much you use the stylus and Samsung pay.

Huawei suppose to have a dope camera and crazy fast charging.

Screen is iffy though, make sure to check for light bleed.

Stylus I used a lot initially but now not so much... Samsung pay is not supported by my bank so can6t use that.

I have asked him about the screen and he told me initially he had the LG green tinted screen but Hua6swapped it out for a BOE screened phone.

Oct 25, 2017
Where I am going on FB marketplace the N9 goes for about £400 while the Mate goes for nearer £600.. not sure how representative that is of the wider world.

Stylus I used a lot initially but now not so much... Samsung pay is not supported by my bank so can6t use that.

I have asked him about the screen and he told me initially he had the LG green tinted screen but Hua6swapped it out for a BOE screened phone.
then do it imo, especially for a straight swap.

Worst case scenario is you aren't a huge fan of emui, but it's still basically an android phone, can't be that different.

Dreaver

Oct 27, 2017
Since I do not have the privileges to post a new thread because I don't have enough posts:
I just dropped my OnePlus 3T phone. Totally smashed, pretty sure it's beyond repair. I need a replacement...

I use my phone mainly for: internet browsing (80%), calling, texting, music, YouTube and occasionally an app. And sometimes I use it has a hotspot. I don't care about gaming or customizing.

Decent-ish battery life is important. And fast enough internet browsing. (I also have a Xiaomi Mi which was about $120. It's a decent phone for the price, but it's extremely slow. Especially because it has to reload when I have more then 2 apps open, which is really annoying.). I also liked the fast dash charging a looooot. 5" screen would be nice.

I really liked my OnePlus 3T.... It's like 2 year old tech. So I'm looking for a similar phone. Since OnePlus doesn't sell it anymore (and newer models are much more expensive) I'm not sure what to get. What woudl you guys suggest? I'd rather not spend more then 300 (400 max).

What would you guys suggest?

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Since I do not have the privileges to post a new thread because I don't have enough posts:
I just dropped my OnePlus 3T phone. Totally smashed, pretty sure it's beyond repair. I need a replacement...

I use my phone mainly for: internet browsing (80%), calling, texting, music, YouTube and occasionally an app. And sometimes I use it has a hotspot. I don't care about gaming or customizing.

Decent-ish battery life is important. And fast enough internet browsing. (I also have a Xiaomi Mi which was about $120. It's a decent phone for the price, but it's extremely slow. Especially because it has to reload when I have more then 2 apps open, which is really annoying.). I also liked the fast dash charging a looooot. 5" screen would be nice.

I really liked my OnePlus 3T.... It's like 2 year old tech. So I'm looking for a similar phone. Since OnePlus doesn't sell it anymore (and newer models are much more expensive) I'm not sure what to get. What woudl you guys suggest? I'd rather not spend more then 300 (400 max).

What would you guys suggest?

What country/network?

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
https://m.gsmarena.com/energizer_po..._battery_dual_popup_selfie_cam-news-35518.php

Energizer phones are getting pretty nuts, look at this monster. 18k battery, dual pop up selfie cam and god knows what else.
I see the usefulness in certain situations of having a battery that huge, but that phone is seriously going to weigh a ton for everyday use.

Might as well just get one of those monster battery cases Flossy has done reviews for, then when you don't need 4 days of battery life you can still have a comfortable phone to use.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
uh so who asked for an android tablet?

If I didn't have an iPad, I'd actually consider that if I could grab for $300ish on sale. If you mainly browse or consumer media and just about a bigger screen, that's a great device because Android is actually fine here and you get the expanded storage. The Galaxy Tab S2 8 inch was one of the best devices I ever used. It was mainly because of it's peformance (surprisingly) and thinness.

For their S5 tab, they need to put a 855 and at least 6GB ram if they want to be taken seriously.

TheDoctor

Oct 27, 2017
The Vivo V15 Pro was shown off in Malaysia:

The OnePlus 7 is rumored to have a similar design to this (minus the headphone jack probably).

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My tab s4 is great.

no clue who is asking for a budget version of that with the same screen... but missing a headphone jack?

I'd be down. The S4 is solid, but overpriced for what it is. Samsung needs something that isn't bargin bin material that's closer to the iPad in pricing.

Ideally if the msrp is $400 you ought to be able to find one on sale for closer to $300 which is a win vs the $500+ for the S4.

MORE_FPS

Mar 14, 2018
If I didn't have an iPad, I'd actually consider that if I could grab for $300ish on sale. If you mainly browse or consumer media and just about a bigger screen, that's a great device because Android is actually fine here and you get the expanded storage. The Galaxy Tab S2 8 inch was one of the best devices I ever used. It was mainly because of it's peformance (surprisingly) and thinness.

For their S5 tab, they need to put a 855 and at least 6GB ram if they want to be taken seriously.
Knowing Samsung they will put a 845.

Husker86

Oct 27, 2017
Was the Tab S3 a dud?

I really like the hardware but it's laggy as hell. I've done several full resets over the time I've had it and they don't help.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Was the Tab S3 a dud?

I really like the hardware but it's laggy as hell. I've done several full resets over the time I've had it and they don't help.
I've had similar experiences in the S2, it is either the software or the fact I used it alongside an iPad, but in my experience it wasn't a stellar performer for the price.

Oct 25, 2017
s4 is great. A little more ram would be nice, but overall it runs great.

Don't really game on tablets cuz it always feels like a chore on the hands going everywhere.

Anyways you get a samsung tablet for the amoled large screen goodness.

20190208_153816.jpg

Get a nice elevated stand. Made my 14 hr flight go by easily.

ViperVisor

Oct 29, 2017
3YqhGIV.jpg

I debated this for a few hours. But I already knew I wanted a S Pen vs upgrade of the S9 or 10. Now I'm not waiting 6 months and paying top dollar for new hotness. Even so, if I dig the Pen and the Note 10 brings something else awesome after the overrated screen fingerprint reader is old news, I could always upgrade to it later this year.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Me upgrading to a phone phone this year is mainly due to the location of the finget print scanner. Yes I'm that petty. After this year I don't think I'm changing phones for at least 3 years.

I think you'll be very happy with the Note 9 and would feel the next to upgrade unless certain QoL upgrades matter to you.

Oct 25, 2017
3YqhGIV.jpg

I debated this for a few hours. But I already knew I wanted a S Pen vs upgrade of the S9 or 10. Now I'm not waiting 6 months and paying top dollar for new hotness. Even so, if I dig the Pen and the Note 10 brings something else awesome after the overrated screen fingerprint reader is old news, I could always upgrade to it later this year.

That... is a good trade in credit haha.

It's easily the best phone on the market objectively until probably the note 10. S pen for me is something I occasionally use, but when I need it, its great, like for filling pdfs, or jotting down notes during a call or voicemail (where acronyms and technical terms often get mangled with autocorrect on keyboards).

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
I'd actually be willing to wait for a Note 10 or pixel phone in order to see what they bring.

The problem is problem is buy then the resale value of my S9+ will have dropped so low and the price of those things will be very high....

For me to go for those, I would have to strategically plan to get them as a 2020 purchase and pettiness won't allow it!

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
Me upgrading to a phone phone this year is mainly due to the location of the finget print scanner. Yes I'm that petty. After this year I don't think I'm changing phones for at least 3 years.

I think you'll be very happy with the Note 9 and would feel the next to upgrade unless certain QoL upgrades matter to you.

I think that's a perfectly legitimate reason to switch, I hate rear facing fingerprint sensors with a passion. I've had to enable the unsecure face unlock option just to get around always having to use the rear fingerprint sensor on my phone.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Oooo, love how small the new Samsung Buds case is compared to my current Icon X's.

As long as they're still able to improve the battery life on the Buds themselves and the case I'll eefinitely want to upgrade (if the price is right).

As far as the S10 goes... I'd love to have a Samsung phone again, but I'll wait a year and get a used one for 1/2 off or more assuming they're good phones.
I'd probably go with the smaller S10 since I prefer the single camera holepunch on the front more that the double wide one, it just needs to have a solid battery life.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
This one handed operation+ app with good lock is the truth. Only using it for the back key. I have my set to activate on a bottom right side swipe. No more reaching to the bottom left corner of the screen for the back key.

I'm on that full screen life now - no buttons.

EDIT: Wow I've set diagonal down to automatically put the phone into one handed mode and holding a longer swipe automatically switches to the previous app.

Why were you all hiding this app from me, WTF...

This shit is brilliant! I feel like I have a new phone

Last edited:

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
Why could they not keep the S10 the same size as the S9. The plus being bigger is fine but small phone life is awesome.

chokeartist

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
S10E is my choice. Small phone life, no curve screen, and you can use cheap screen savers which is a no go on the more premium S10s.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think it's going to be much better than the S9. 3mm wider and 2mm taller maybe?

S10E should be smaller than than both based on leaks.
That's cool, for some reason I thought the the S10E was going to be an "in-between" size, like the iPhone XR compared to the smaller XS and the larger Max.

I like that the E has a flat screen too. Having had two curved display Samsung phones I definitely prefer flat screens. Easier to hold without a case without touching the screen edges, and easier to avoid reflections.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm interested in seeing the US launch price for it. It's gotta be anywhere between $650 and $700. If $650, I would guess the S10 would launch at $750 and S10+ at $850 (the plus series always carries a $100 premium). This would be a $30 premium over the prior two years where the S series started at $720, which seem reasonable. All of this would leave enough cushion for the S10 5G to not have to break $1,000.

On the other hand, the high trade in values might mean that Samsung is going to start being silly with pricing and maybe starting the S10e at $700. You'd think they would learn from Apple.