• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

asdad123

Oct 25, 2017
How's the camera on the note 10+? I currently have the s10e and I'm not impressed with the low light on it.

Thinking of trading it in for the note 10+ at Microsoft next week. Would cost me ~$350 out of pocket.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
Can you get a 3a instead?

I have a lot of reservations concerning the 3a XL. It's not Quad HD, it's slower than the 2 XL and has ancient eMMC storage. Plus I don't know if I could get it for so cheap. I mean, I wouldn't be thrilled about buying the 2 XL but for $230...

Does anyone have experience with Amazon renewed? I'm assuming the battery would be new, right?

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I have a lot of reservations concerning the 3a XL. It's not Quad HD, it's slower than the 2 XL and has ancient eMMC storage. Plus I don't know if I could get it for so cheap. I mean, I wouldn't be thrilled about buying the 2 XL but for $230...

Does anyone have experience with Amazon renewed? I'm assuming the battery would be new, right?

Amazon Renewed = used with 90 day warranty.

The batteries are not new. Just guaranteed to be at 80+% initial capacity.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
going from a htc one m8 to the pixel 3a is some shit

other than night sight and google voicemail to text what else has 2014 me been missing out on?

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
Amazon Renewed = used with 90 day warranty.

The batteries are not new. Just guaranteed to be at 80+% initial capacity.

Oh. That sucks.

The Pixel 2 XL does check several of the boxes of what I'm looking for in a new phone. Quad HD OLED, good camera, stock Android, no notch.

My perfect phone would be the OP7 Pro but it's just too expensive for me to be able to justify that purchase.

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh. That sucks.

The Pixel 2 XL does check several of the boxes of what I'm looking for in a new phone. Quad HD OLED, good camera, stock Android, no notch.

My perfect phone would be the OP7 Pro but it's just too expensive for me to be able to justify that purchase.

Note that the Pixel 2 is not scheduled to receive any more Android OS updates and even security updates will end in less than a year.

Maybe not the best choice at this point in time.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
Note that the Pixel 2 is not scheduled to receive any more Android OS updates and even security updates will end in less than a year.

Maybe not the best choice at this point in time.

Oh, I assumed it would get Android 11 since the first generation Pixel got Android 10. I didn't even bother to check since I assumed a device that was so expensive when it came out would get at least 3 years of updates. I wonder how long Google will support the 3a given they barely support $900 phones.

That definitely kills any interest I might have had in the phone.

I could try hunting for a sub $500 Pixel 3 XL but that notch is such an affront to design and usability. Fuck that phone.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I assumed it would get Android 11 since the first generation Pixel got Android 10. I didn't even bother to check since I assumed a device that was so expensive when it came out would get at least 3 years of updates. I wonder how long Google will support the 3a given they barely support $900 phones.

That definitely kills any interest I might have had in the phone.

I could try hunting for a sub $500 Pixel 3 XL but that notch is such an affront to design and usability. Fuck that phone.

It could get 11, but according to Google the earliest possible date for ending of security updates and Android version updates is October next year (pixel 1 had security updates for a year after Android version updates ended). So don't count on Android 11 with the 2 at all.

I'm still on my 2XL, and unless I can get a good iPhone deal on it I'll stick with it for another year or so, but I wouldn't go out of my way to buy a two year old Android flagship now.

Edit: the 3a is up to May 2022

Oct 25, 2017
Oneplus 7 pro is $550 now for black Friday. The best non carrier deal for BF imo. Solid phone.
How's the camera on the note 10+? I currently have the s10e and I'm not impressed with the low light on it.

Thinking of trading it in for the note 10+ at Microsoft next week. Would cost me ~$350 out of pocket.
Its the same camera. Wait for s11 in Feb. Suppose to be a huge jump in cameras from rumors so far.

HarryDemeanor

Oct 25, 2017
That OnePlus 7 Pro offer is driving me up the wall. I want it to replace my iPhone 7 Plus but I don't know if it would work well on AT&T.

Sagitario

Oct 26, 2017
My brother is getting a new phone and asked me about the OnePlus 7, 7 Pro and the 7T? I have never used a OP so I don't know about their quality. Are they good phones?

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Thanks!
I'm guessing 7 Pro >>> 7. But what's the deal with the 7T?
7T is the successor to the 7. Introduced a third camera. The SD855+. And a 90hz screen over the 7. Puts it closer to the 7 Pro, which is half a year older, has a notchless design and a QuadHD screen instead of 1080p, at the same 90hz. 7 Pro has some other advantages, like faster internal storage. I'm sure if you Google, you can get a side by side spec sheet to compare.

Sagitario

Oct 26, 2017
7T is the successor to the 7. Introduced a third camera. The SD855+. And a 90hz screen over the 7. Puts it closer to the 7 Pro, which is half a year older, has a notchless design and a QuadHD screen instead of 1080p, at the same 90hz. 7 Pro has some other advantages, like faster internal storage. I'm sure if you Google, you can get a side by side spec sheet to compare.
I'll tell him that. Thank you very much! :)

asdad123

Oct 25, 2017
Oneplus 7 pro is $550 now for black Friday. The best non carrier deal for BF imo. Solid phone.

Its the same camera. Wait for s11 in Feb. Suppose to be a huge jump in cameras from rumors so far.

Eh, went for it anyway. I wanted the bigger screen. I went to the s10e cause my note 9 broke and I always missed the larger screen. Ended up picking up a note 10 plus on craigslist for 650.

Now I just need to sell my s10e.

Sems4arsenal

Apr 7, 2019
Anyone here struggle with greasy screen and fingerprint smudges?

I so have sweaty hands, but my 6T has been annoying me with how easily the screen gets dirty. Need to wipe it every 10 mins.

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
Google killing Cloud Print, WTF!! I mean, I know Chrome OS had native print now (I think), but I still used this to print docs from my Drive on my phone pretty frequently.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
So the Xiaomi Redmi K30 leaked and it has a Galaxy S10 style front camera punch-hole, just like the Oneplus 8 and 8 Pro.

Absolutely fucking disgusting to see them regress from their 2019 notchless designs. Notches and punch-holes are the worst fucking thing to happen to smartphones and it is all Apple's fault, and apparently it won't go away until Apple decides notches are no longer cool and Android manufacturers stop copying them.

zero_suit

Oct 27, 2017
So the Xiaomi Redmi K30 leaked and it has a Galaxy S10 style front camera punch-hole, just like the Oneplus 8 and 8 Pro.

Absolutely fucking disgusting to see them regress from their 2019 notchless designs. Notches and punch-holes are the worst fucking thing to happen to smartphones and it is all Apple's fault, and apparently it won't go away until Apple decides notches are no longer cool and Android manufacturers stop copying them.
iPhone 12 is supposedly a significant design change, so hopefully the notch will die next year.

Hyperfludd

Oct 27, 2017
Only thing keeping me away from One Plus 7 Pro is the curved screen. Like I rather have a notch than that, lol. Here's hoping for a surprise 7T sale.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
For those looking for a good discount on a great older android tablet, this might be worth checking out:

Galaxy Tab S4 has a excellent screen, long battery life, and good performance.

If you mainly use a tablet for web browsing, e-reading, and streaming, I think this is an excellent buy.

I've owned an 8 inch Galaxy Tab S2 in the past, it it was somehow one of the best mobile devices I've ever used... surprisingly because of it's performance