• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Keyouta

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm getting the keyboard issue too, guys. Especially when I use a word with an apostrophe. It will cut out the letter after the apostrophe and usually the following word.

VoxPop

Oct 30, 2017
I honestly don't have an issue because I just use hangouts with my old college friends or to talk to people at work when I'm logged into Gmail (everyone has a gmail account).

But yes, the solution could be much better.

Yeah, it would be ideal if everyone I knew used Hangouts or it was at least built into every Android device as the native SMS/Messaging app.

Is there something stopping them from just throwing a native messaging app w/ SMS fallback on all phones like the Play Store?

It's funny because all the Youtuber's regularly shilled for whatever Samsung phone releases and talks about how it is the best thing sliced bread, but in the end, you can't pay them to use a Samsung phone.

that's a bingo

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Gboard works fine for me, I just don't like its autocorrection nearly as well as Swiftkey, and Swiftkey gives me those same typing issues on Resetera (apostrophe's especially).

Deleted member 3345

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is that chrome or Samsung browser?

Never had that issue with chrome and this site.

Maybe it's a dark theme problem. That's what you get for using dark theme if it is.

Deleted member 3345

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's a very weird way to pronounce armadillo.

Smartphone template looks like an essential.

luyoi6C.png

hmmm

Deleted member 3345

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, FUCK google cloud print. I don't know how it happens, when it happens, or where it happens, but my local printers end up going through google cloud print every few months, and then you have to go and delete all of them, ONE BY ONE.

You can't even deactivate that shit service on your account permanently.

Fuck you google, and your cloud print service. Assholes.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Is that chrome or Samsung browser?

Never had that issue with chrome and this site.

Maybe it's a dark theme problem. That's what you get for using dark theme if it is.
Ah ha! It was Samsung Browser. Typing in Chrome right now on Swift key and I can type doesn't shouldn't couldn't wouldn't all day long without it messing things up.

Guess I'll switch back to Chrome for now and wait for the next Samsung Browser update and see if that fixes anything.

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge
Ah ha! It was Samsung Browser. Typing in Chrome right now on Swift key and I can type doesn't shouldn't couldn't wouldn't all day long without it messing things up.

Guess I'll switch back to Chrome for now and wait for the next Samsung Browser update and see if that fixes anything.
Apparently, you get the same issue with Chrome and Grammarly on the Desktop. Seems more like a forum software issue to me.

Oct 25, 2017
Jeff's top 2017 released phones.

1. Note 8 - That screen is the sex, also less curvy than s8 so reflections ain't as bad. Memory management is good. best multiwindow stuff in the game. Supports just about everything I got around, headphone jacks, microsd, quick charge 2-3, usb-pd. stylus is neat too for notes at work. Also samsung got all the case options which is nice.
  2. Oneplus 5t - Super thin, maximum screen, maximum memory management, maximum snappiness, maximum charge speeds. Wish camera was better and the company hide their shadiness better, like samsung or apple. Vibration motor was ass too.
  3. Pixel 2 xl- best auto camera in the game, software is the smoothest, but it does feel like every month's update adds new bugs. Keeps it exciting I guess? no headphone jack, kinda average stereo speakers, really slow fast charging, awful memory management is what annoys me the most.
  4. Oneplus 5 - winner of the phone that I had the most months! Basically the same things as 5 but more bezels. Good stuff.

Cronogear

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Got an update on my Pixel 2. Weird to get a mid-month update. I was already on January's security patch.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Apparently, you get the same issue with Chrome and Grammarly on the Desktop. Seems more like a forum software issue to me.
I assumed as much since Resetera was the only place where the issue occurred (irritating as it's the place I do the most typing). At least I'm able to get Swiftkey working on mobile Chrome here, even if I do like Samsung Browser a little more overall.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Jeff's top 2017 released phones.

1. Note 8 - That screen is the sex, also less curvy than s8 so reflections ain't as bad. Memory management is good. best multiwindow stuff in the game. Supports just about everything I got around, headphone jacks, microsd, quick charge 2-3, usb-pd. stylus is neat too for notes at work. Also samsung got all the case options which is nice.
  2. Oneplus 5t - Super thin, maximum screen, maximum memory management, maximum snappiness, maximum charge speeds. Wish camera was better and the company hide their shadiness better, like samsung or apple. Vibration motor was ass too.
  3. Pixel 2 xl- best auto camera in the game, software is the smoothest, but it does feel like every month's update adds new bugs. Keeps it exciting I guess? no headphone jack, kinda average stereo speakers, really slow fast charging, awful memory management is what annoys me the most.
  4. Oneplus 5 - winner of the phone that I had the most months! Basically the same things as 5 but more bezels. Good stuff.

Are you on Oreo beta on your Note 8?

VoxPop

Oct 30, 2017
Hoping for a price drop on the Pixel 2XL or the right deal (600-650) to come along. Love the panda two tone back + camera and I think I can live with the blue shift screen.

I do like the sandstone 1+5T but I don't trust these Chinese manufacturers and all the recent horror stories don't help.

Illest1

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Guys, should I go for the V30 or the Pixel 2..

..and why?

I currently have a V20. Figured I'd go with the V30 but the Pixel 2 is an option all of a sudden.

Please advise.

shinshoryuken

Nov 13, 2017

..and why?

I currently have a V20. Figured I'd go with the V30 but the Pixel 2 is an option all of a sudden.

Please advise.

I had the V20, got a V30 and had extensive time with a pixel 2xl.

I think V20 is better than the V30.

I didn't find anything appealing on the v30 besides the battery life. The screen is OK and the back camera is decent. But the front camera is embarrassingly bad. Performance was OK but it was the first LG device that i didn't find snappy.
The pixel 2xl I was using was a lemon cause the bottom screen had burn-in/image retention after a day...but i don't think you will have that issue with the pixel 2.

Oct 25, 2017
I had the V20, got a V30 and had extensive time with a pixel 2xl.

I think V20 is better than the V30.

I didn't find anything appealing on the v30 besides the battery life. The screen is OK and the back camera is decent. But the front camera is embarrassingly bad. Performance was OK but it was the first LG device that i didn't find snappy.
The pixel 2xl I was using was a lemon cause the bottom screen had burn-in/image retention after a day...but i don't think you will have that issue with the pixel 2.

Yep also remember that the LG V 30 and pixel 2xL share the same screen. I read similar complaints for image retention for the v30.

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

..and why?

Please advise.

None of the above.

You're V20 is still a great phone. Now that it's 2018, I'd just wait it out for a 2018 phone you'd want.

We are like a month away from this year's phones to start being shown.

Deleted member 862

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why people keep giving them second chances, it's not like their phones are worth the hassle. I wouldn't trust OnePlus as far as I could throw them at this point.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why people keep giving OnePlus second chances, it's not like their phones are worth the hassle. I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them at this point.
Idk. Besides the camera and screen resolution it's about the best phone money can buy. Best performance. Best multitasking. Best charging

I've imported stuff from much more shady vendors over the years.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
https://m.gsmarena.com/nokia_6_2018...c_ahead_of_its_us_market_debut-news-29239.php

Possiblly the Nokia 6 2018 or Nokia 7 is coming west soon. What's important is that its shipping with Android 8.0, which means Project Treble support. Likely the Nokia 6 as the 7 would be weird to release now of all time. This is quite big, the Nokia 6 is firing on all cylinders as a well rounded Mid-Ranger, with Project Treble that basically means its basically missing nothing current bar the ridiculous 18:9 screen ration and the equally silly double camera fad.

Massa

Oct 27, 2017
Idk. Besides the camera and screen resolution it's about the best phone money can buy. Best performance. Best multitasking. Best charging

I've imported stuff from much more shady vendors over the years.

You're also trusting all your personal data on their ability to secure an OS. A company which can't secure a website.

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
Goddamn. It's been a good minute since I last got into ROMs and whatnot. Just spent the past hour or so flashing something wrong, soft bricking the phone, and finally fixing it. Bootloader is now unlocked, I'm rooted, and time to find a nice oreo ROM. Ain't trying to be on stock Oxygen OS.

OP
OP

Deleted member 134

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OnePlus "leaked" your info. It doesn't matter. You will go back to them again when their phone is $50 cheaper than another flagship. They could run over your dog and you'd still be first in their preorder line.

Oct 25, 2017
i wonder if all these free years of credit monitoring stacks? Feel like i'm getting like 3-4 years every year.

Anyways pixel 2 xl sold. Not sure whats the next 'thing' I want. Honestly I feel like i'm a bit done with phones atm.

Note 8 kinda just does everything without compromise. Was thinking mate 10 but... its been too long, no hype left.

I'm weirdly compelled by the keyone though. Seems like mwc will offer a new version though so will wait.

shinshoryuken

Nov 13, 2017
i wonder if all these free years of credit monitoring stacks? Feel like i'm getting like 3-4 years every year.

Anyways pixel 2 xl sold. Not sure whats the next 'thing' I want. Honestly I feel like i'm a bit done with phones atm.

Note 8 kinda just does everything without compromise. Was thinking mate 10 but... its been too long, no hype left.

I'm weirdly compelled by the keyone though. Seems like mwc will offer a new version though so will wait.

My phone road map will be.. S9+ , xperia xz pro and razer phone 2.

faceless

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the bump in RAM when playing Pocket Camp is amazing.

pops up instantly after multitasking on my Note8 hours later.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
OnePlus "leaked" your info. It doesn't matter. You will go back to them again when their phone is $50 cheaper than another flagship. They could run over your dog and you'd still be first in their preorder line.
Can't get VoLTE and Wi-Fi calling on AT&T with them, so no lol

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
the bump in RAM when playing Pocket Camp is amazing.

pops up instantly after multitasking on my Note8 hours later.

It's the upgrade I didn't realize I wanted until that shit has been annoying me for months.

I want to clarify though - will having at least 6 GB allow me to have not internet tabs refresh?

That's been the one thing that will annoys me. I want to make sure that this doesn't have to do with how certain browsers are coded.