• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 46103

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 22, 2018
Probably a software update I'm waiting on then. They seem to be about once a year on my TV now.

This software update would have nothing to do with your OS. The cast receiever is it's own app on Android TV that is updated from the PlayStore.

The update is probably a server side thing for.the Google Home if anything.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone using the Google Podcasts app? How is it? Using Pocket Casts at the moment, because duh, but since I'm going in on this Google Home lark, that integration would be nice.

All I really need is progress and listened to status syncing between devices really.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone using the Google Podcasts app? How is it? Using Pocket Casts at the moment, because duh, but since I'm going in on this Google Home lark, that integration would be nice.

All I really need is progress and listened to status syncing between devices really.
I don't listen to podcasts all that much but I like it a lot. Syncs immediately between my phone and my Google Home, easily the cleanest looking podcasts app I've used, generally quite nice.

The only issue I can think of is that it doesn't have automatic download for the newest episodes of podcasts which you're subscribed to. But that's been a fairly minor issue for me.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't listen to podcasts all that much but I like it a lot. Syncs immediately between my phone and my Google Home, easily the cleanest looking podcasts app I've used, generally quite nice.

The only issue I can think of is that it doesn't have automatic download for the newest episodes of podcasts which you're subscribed to. But that's been a fairly minor issue for me.

Sweet, thanks. May give it a shot then. The no automatic downloads issue can be a bitch, because the Patreon based podcasts I listen to can be slow as hell, but a bit of patience should be fine then!

EDIT: Reviews say it has issues playing the right one if you download more than one, so I may just use it for the podcasts I actively keep up with and not the ones I'm going through the archives of.

EDIT2: oh, you can't add RSS feeds anyway. For that reason, I'm out.

Last edited:

DrAg0nBoY

Oct 28, 2017
So I have a question. I got myself a Galaxy Watch and I really like it. I am thinking about buying a watch for my friend and don't know if I should get the a Galaxy Watch 42mm or just buy her a Frontier S3. Is there a big difference between these two watches?

chokeartist

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
So I have a question. I got myself a Galaxy Watch and I really like it. I am thinking about buying a watch for my friend and don't know if I should get the a Galaxy Watch 42mm or just buy her a Frontier S3. Is there a big difference between these two watches?
Both perform the same
Both have the same screen resolution

S3 is slightly bigger.
S3 has MST

Watch has better battery life
Watch has swim modes
Watch band is thinner and more comfortable

Massa

Oct 27, 2017

Galaxy Watch has Tizen 4 (vs Tizen 3 on the S3). Tizen 3 is completely broken for WhatsApp notifications.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bqe3aQIAQpD/

Dspe1bXVsAAzQvi.jpg

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Browser status bar is burned into top of my S9 screen. Seems like it's permanent since it's been almost a week. Not sure how when a lot of time I watch videos on that half of the screen and my screen brightness is never over 50%.

Oct 25, 2017
Browser status bar is burned into top of my S9 screen. Seems like it's permanent since it's been almost a week. Not sure how when a lot of time I watch videos on that half of the screen and my screen brightness is never over 50%.

ping Samsung support. burn in shouldn't come in that quickly. you should be able to get a replacement.

GS_Dan

Oct 30, 2017
I don't understand people's problems with the chin. Getting my thumb to the bottom of the screen when using one hand is awkward enough as is, I don't need it any lower

Maz

Oct 29, 2017
Abu Dhabi
I am not sure if this is Samsung specific, android, or just my S8.

Due to work related security I removed both the front and back cameras from my S8 a year or so ago.

Since I'm traveling to Japan for almost two months, I decided to install the cameras back. In doing so, i managed to fuck up my fingerprint sensor.

Now the interesting part is I use fingerprint or pin to unlock my phone, but ever since I messed the camera install my phone now unlocks without the need of a pin or fingerprint.

This is a huge flaw, as anyone with physical access to a phone can just disconnect the fingerprint scanner, switch on the phone and he wont need to know the pin to unlock it. Dont have another android device to try this on and confirm if it happens to others too.

Edit: false alarm, I am a complete idiot. I forgot that I recently set my phone to unlock when home. Has nothing to do with this, I should just delete this post. Idk

Last edited:

GS_Dan

Oct 30, 2017
I am not sure if this is Samsung specific, android, or just my S8.

Due to work related security I removed both the front and back cameras from my S8 a year or so ago.

Since I'm traveling to Japan for almost two months, I decided to install the cameras back. In doing so, i managed to fuck up my fingerprint sensor.

Now the interesting part is I use fingerprint or pin to unlock my phone, but ever since I messed the camera install my phone now unlocks without the need of a pin or fingerprint.

This is a huge flaw, as anyone with physical access to a phone can just disconnect the fingerprint scanner, switch on the phone and he wont need to know the pin to unlock it. Dont have another android device to try this on and confirm if it happens to others too
Wtf that's crazy

Smylie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oregon

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

faceless

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
8GB of RAM is stupid

1TB of storage is unnecessary

Pocket Camp on two accounts on one phone is life

lbfRs4i.jpg

come at your TeraBro

pochi

Oct 25, 2017
I was looking for midrange device for my brother since his current phone is going bonkers(16 gb in 2018 lol).
Samsung midrange phones are way too overpriced compared to the competition.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece

Wow. Even with a black color, imagine something like this for a front panel. The future is here.

Why isn't everyone copying this? it's so incredible
I dunno about the blending in, but the Vivo Nex 2 will have a back panel as well with no mechanical parts, something akin to the Nubia X.
https://m.gsmarena.com/vivo_nex_2_leak_secondary_screen_three_cameras-news-34393.php

Also, LG figures 2, 3 or even 5 cameras are not enough.
https://m.gsmarena.com/lg_patents_a...s_and_the_software_to_use_them-news-34395.php
16 though? That seems fine!

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got 2 new 3xl and both have very faint burn in in the notch area like it's a dimmer color out of the box. Looking on XDA seems alot of people are noticing this. Not to mention I ordered the bootloader unlcked versions and both wouldn't let me unlock the bootloader.

BIG J

Oct 27, 2017
The Pixel 3 has no notch, and the 3XL does. The 3XL has a history of more issues too.

I got 2 new 3xl and both have very faint burn in in the notch area like it's a dimmer color out of the box. Looking on XDA seems alot of people are noticing this. Not to mention I ordered the bootloader unlcked versions and both wouldn't let me unlock the bootloader.

well pixel 3xl is out. wanted a large phone. note9 or galaxy s9+?