• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
well pixel 3xl is out. wanted a large phone. note9 or galaxy s9+?
I'm giving them another shot. I returned the bad ones and ordered a new one. Hopefully this one won't have issues. Between the s9+ and note 9, note is the way to go specs and feature wise, but it's a little big. s9+ is much more comfortable to use

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
Grabbed an Essential Phone from their Cyber Monday sale. At $280 with student discount I'm willing to give it a shot and if I like it I'll sell my iPhone 7 and make the switch.

Deleted member 46103

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 22, 2018
well pixel 3xl is out. wanted a large phone. note9 or galaxy s9+?

Pixel 3 XL uses a Samsung panel lol.

I also dont know why you are being told the 3 XL has more issues. The only thing worse about the 3 XL is the speakers have a muffle at a certain range and sound a tad uneven in stereo but Google already said they will be releasing a fix to improve the audio.

The 3 XL actually has a nicer panel IMO. I have the small 3 and my wife has the 3 XL.

And stay away from the S9 if you want a big phone Samsung. People are already saying battery has completely gone to shit on that thing. Get a Note

Last edited:

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Is there a texting app that shows recieved text message times by "sent" and not "recieved" ?
No idea why all apps tested so far do this wrong... I wanna see when the person sent the message, not when I recieved it (for example if my phone was turned off).

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Is there a texting app that shows recieved text message times by "sent" and not "recieved" ?
No idea why all apps tested so far do this wrong... I wanna see when the person sent the message, not when I recieved it (for example if my phone was turned off).
You realize this information isn't part of text messaging?

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
You realize this information isn't part of text messaging?
But it is. You can select a message and view details and then it shows the info - time sent and time recieved. But I want it to show and sort it by the sent time and not the recieved time. It was like that on the standard windows phone messaging app.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
But it is. You can select a message and view details and then it shows the info - time sent and time recieved. But I want it to show and sort it by the sent time and not the recieved time. It was like that on the standard windows phone messaging app.
Well I'll be. I stand corrected.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Well today was a busy day in the rumor mill.
https://www.droid-life.com/2018/11/26/here-is-the-moto-g7-play/
Moto G7 Play FCC entry. The most interesting thing to note is that its utilizing the SD632, which means that the G7 and G7+ will have a capable chip at a low price. Also seems like the return of the aluminum frame compared to glass.

https://www.mysmartprice.com/gear/lenovo-z5s/
Lenovo meanwhile is looking at Huawei and considering what to copy. Its gonna use the new SD8150, which has been making a lot of noise these last few days. Gonna be interesting to see what the Next Gen will bring.

https://www.gizchina.com/2018/11/26...ld-with-headphone-jack-and-in-display-camera/
Meanwhile Huawei is looking at Samsung and trying to beat them at their own game. The cutout seems fairly unintrusive, and I prefer it vastly over the notches.

https://www.sammobile.com/2018/11/26/exclusive-details-samsung-upcoming-galaxy-a-galaxy-m-phones
Lastly, some more details on Samsungs reorganization of their non S-Tier phones. Storage options are fairly boring, but with even the M-Series going that large, its gonna be interesting to see what Value For Money they will bring to the table to compete with Huawei and Xiaomi.

Deleted member 8860

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The Moto G7 series is shaping up to be a much better proposition than recent Moto phones. Finally 64 bit across the lineup, good screen to body ratio, shipping with a current OS.

Depending on camera and pricing, the
G7/plus could very well be my next device (also depending on my Pixel's battery).

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
The Moto G7 series is shaping up to be a much better proposition than recent Moto phones. Finally 64 bit across the lineup, good screen to body ratio, shipping with a current OS.

Depending on camera and pricing, the
G7/plus could very well be my next device (also depending on my Pixel's battery).
The higher ones will also include a teardrop instead of a proper notch. While Lenovo is behind Moto now, the G7 at say 300€ would be an instabuy, depending on what will be shown at MWC and CES by Nokia and Sony respectively.

Edit:
Another contender appears, this time from Meizu.
https://www.gizmochina.com/2018/11/27/meizu-16s-render-leak-reveals-features/

Looks like the in screen selfie cam cutout is gaining huge traction, notches are gonna die by next year.

Last edited:

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
That thing is gonna be ridiculously big with a 6.5 inch screen, but its looking much more solid than the Z3. And whst the hell is up with today, so much info about so many different phones.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That thing is gonna be ridiculously big with a 6.5 inch screen, but its looking much more solid than the Z3. And whst the hell is up with today, so much info about so many different phones.

CES presentations are being prepped and info being sent out to case manufacturers.

OmegaSkittle

Apr 25, 2018
So anyone find it weird that you can't get a regular Pixel 2 on the Verizon Wireless store anymore?

I went to the site yesterday to see if there were CyberMonday deals on it and the page said the phone was "Unavailable". Now I went to look and there isn't even a proper phone overview page for the regular Pixel 2.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
So anyone find it weird that you can't get a regular Pixel 2 on the Verizon Wireless store anymore?

I went to the site yesterday to see if there were CyberMonday deals on it and the page said the phone was "Unavailable". Now I went to look and there isn't even a proper phone overview page for the regular Pixel 2.
The 3 is out.

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The software even with an i5 appeared to be a trainwreck in that Dieter video. When it went full screen in tablet mode and he tried to multiwindow shit looked like it was a computer from 1999 trying to run that shit with all that lag.

GoldenCat

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I'm calling bs on the s10 specs but I hope the new gradient colour is legit. Probably my favourite phone trend this year.

Oct 27, 2017

Akileese

Oct 25, 2017

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Still bitter about Inbox.

Will keep using it until they pull the plug next March, dumb fucks.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
It has all been downhill since Google Reader shut down. Tiny communities start developing in a product and Google stomps them out.

Deleted member 862

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It has all been downhill since Google Reader shut down. Tiny communities start developing in a product and Google stomps them out.
They're like 00s era Microsoft fumbling from one failed project to the next trying to find an identity in markets that have long since passed them by.

I wouldn't have any faith in using a new Google app or website for anything tbh.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Remembering that Inbox will be destroyed hurts. Gmail added some of its functionality but it is a fucking mess.

Also, Inbox was supposed to be the "experimental" gmail, but it never had any new features implemented, its the same from day one.

Google has no idea how to manage their apps.

Deleted member 46103

Banned
Jul 22, 2018
I still don't know why google doesn't just add internet messaging functionality"hangouts style" to android messages while they wait for RCS to roll out.

Because carriers aren't going to let them.

Google is partnering with carriers to get RCS/Universal profile rolled out. If google adds data messaging to Android Messages you can kiss Android messages goodbye in carrier devices.

Deleted member 46103

Banned
Jul 22, 2018
How would carriers stop them? Isn't manufacturers that decide the pre installed apps on phones.

Not in the US. People are too dumb and lazy to buy a phone on their own so they go straight to their carrier store.

Carriers have control over what goes on the ROM here. They also have full say over if your phone goes on their shelves and how much publicity they give it. This why Verizon Samsung phones comes with Verizon Messages instead of Samsung's.

Every carrier phone is a negotiation process for OEMs.

Last edited: