• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 134

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ssm4gPl.jpg

Pixel 2 is currently imploding within the enthusiast community and the iPhone X is up for preorder in two days. Welcome!

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
The Essential Phone has really fallen off a cliff price wise. I'm not going to be surprised when it is $400 on BlackFriday with bundled 360 Camera.

Oct 25, 2017
Shit. AJ is back?

Also im the most mix feeling about my 2 xl. Camera is magic. Apps reload are wack, like a Samsung. Takes 2 hrs to 'fast charge'.

Include

Oct 25, 2017
I am still rocking my Note 4, got a second battery and my baby has been doing well so far never-mind that I spilled water on it, dropped it tons of times...etc. Samsung 8 looks gorgeous but for now I cannot justify getting it yet.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1852

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Welcome back to the post-headphone jack era, where dongles are life.

Oh, the screen on the Pixel 2 XL SUCKS. SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Weird, my S8+ still has a jack. Looks like it's alive and well

Oct 25, 2017
i love how the things i hate about the pixel 2 xl are completely different from the ones that reviewers are whining about. Switching between chrome, discord, irccloud, youtube feedly, not the heaviest of apps and things are reloading.

So painful after using a oneplus 5.

oh yeah 5T is suppose to be in nov. My thoughts on pixel 2 xl vs op5 is, both have mediocre screens, pixel got magic camera and better vibration and stereo speakers, op5 is better at everything else, miles better.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys :D Feels good to be here

First look at the OP 5T(design will be identical)

OPPO-R11s-Render-Weibo-Collage.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
So I just spent $1024 on a pixel 2 xl (sold the op5 for $500, always love their resale value)... but i kinda want to fight for a iphone x as well...

hmmm

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
You shouldn't have been the one to make this trash OT. Yes, these are fighting words.

OP
OP

Deleted member 134

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Pixel 2 is a travesty. When major, trusted, and reputable websites are saying not to buy it and telling Google to recall it, there's a big problem. It's not a slightly miscalibrated screen. If it were, these respected websites wouldn't overreact like they are now. They're only being this extreme because the situation deserves it.

Veritigo

Oct 25, 2017
Nice call on the death of the headphone jack. I was pretty vocally against it, but after having my Pixel 2 XL for a week... I don't miss it. Just need to get some good bluetooth headphones and ditch the dongle.

Mainly lurked the old thread, but new forum and all I think I'll change that.

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
Jeff are you Jeffrey ?
Where is reKon and multiple Xperia astrosurfers?
I miss you
And the 3.5 it's not dead , it's just 2017, everything is bad
I will choose between the V30 and the 5t

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Wow this quote notification system works flawlessly.

Anyways, I can't wait to see how you pull of your first ban here, lol

IronRaven

Oct 25, 2017
Good to have AJ back in an Android OT.

Death to the headphone jack. Ditch it. Get some bluetooth headphones and embrace the future of smartphones.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I just spent $1024 on a pixel 2 xl (sold the op5 for $500, always love their resale value)... but i kinda want to fight for a iphone x as well...

hmmm

Could return the Pixel 2XL. I cancelled my preorder because of the screen. You could probably flip an iPhone X and make $400-$500 profit lol

Jazzy

Oct 25, 2017
I need Jeffrey to tell us which phone he bought this week. It's literally the only reason I'm here.

OP
OP

Deleted member 134

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Pixel 2 is the biggest Android disappointment, ever, I think. It was actually supposed to be good. And it could have been.

Wow this quote notification system works flawlessly.

Anyways, I can't wait to see how you pull of your first ban here, lol
I don't even recognize you. I'm not sure why you're being so rude. I was banned from a website I protested against, resulting in the ban. The same forum which you left. Why don't you stay there?

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Jeff are you Jeffrey ?
Where is reKon and multiple Xperia astrosurfers?
I miss you
And the 3.5 it's not dead , it's just 2017, everything is bad
I will choose between the V30 and the 5t

I'm here. I hope you're not suggesting I'm an astrosurfer! The only main Xperia person I know of was Kaiyo. I did see DrFunk on the general discord channel.

The Pixel 2 is the biggest Android disappointment, ever, I think. It was actually supposed to be good. And it could have been.

I don't even recognize you. I'm not sure why you're being so rude. I was banned from a website I protested against, resulting in the ban. The same forum which you left. Why don't you stay there?

Were you not banned for the persona thread? I don't even remember. And, why would I stay at GAF...?

Oct 25, 2017
I got a Pixel 2 at work for build testing and it's really really great. Far better than my last Android experience. Would love to get one for personal use but am so 50/50 on doing it because of the screen.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
I got a Pixel 2 at work for build testing and it's really really great. Far better than my last Android experience. Would love to get one for personal use but am so 50/50 on doing it because of the screen.

I think Pixel 2 screens have less issues because they are manufactured by Samsung. What a way to take a big L LG...

But something is going on here because we have seen many issues with the LG V30 yet, right?

Oct 25, 2017
I think Pixel 2 screens have less issues because they are manufactured by Samsung. What a way to take a big L LG...

But something is going on here because we have seen many issues with the LG V30 yet, right?

That's what I've gathered when comparing against someone's 2 XL.

Either way between the camera and how fluid Android feels it's a real thought for me. Especially since my 6Plus got bent and I can't unsee it, or unfeel it, now that I've noticed.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, we have two-step verification here. No ability to like posts though. I hope they enable that feature.

faceless

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
if i told you 12 months ago that the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 was gonna be the hottest phone of 2017 and that was 100% serious and not a fire related joke, what would you have said back then?

bbyybb

Oct 25, 2017
I would have been keen for a new phone this year however when my Nexus 6P boot looped earlier this year, they replaced mine from a 32 GB to a 128 GB for free.

From what I am seeing from the new Pixel, there isn't quite enough there for me to replace my current phone unless I hear some more buzz from people using it day to day.

Oct 25, 2017
Could return the Pixel 2XL. I cancelled my preorder because of the screen. You could probably flip an iPhone X and make $400-$500 profit lol

yeah, thats what i might do lol. If I get lucky then yay, otherwise, not gonna miss much. Honestly with the stories about the iphone X, I can't imagine their not be some controversies around it... at least apple was smart enough to not go LG... they could have! LG does their ips panels lol.

Pixel 2 xl is fine, i need it for the camera mostly. not gonna buy a note 8, and im not gonna import a huawei.

Also yo... Essential phone for $500. Get a code from someone that was a sucker, $300. Pretty good price!

Last edited: